Sunday, October 30, 2016

Wearable Halloween: Dramatic Soft Black & Shimmering Orange Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                The night before Halloween, oooooo SPOOKY! By this point, most people have their costume chosen, makeup included, but what if you don't, and really despise theatrical looks? Realizing some would rather not get glammed up, in that mannerism, today I created a wearable tutorial reminiscent of the Halloween spirit. As you beauties know I created a Wearable Halloween series several weeks ago, to combat those loves out there looking high and low for spooky, yet sensual makeup tutorials! Interestingly, out of the entire series, I missed the most classic combination of all, black and orange. Luckily, a day before the holiday strikes, I noticed this! Anyhow, please enjoy cuties, and PLEASE stay safe tomorrow night. Especially with the creepy clown sitings, it's not a good idea to go anywhere alone, even to a party!

                        Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! 

Wearable Halloween: Vibrant Candy Corn Inspired Glittery Halo Eye Makeup
Wearable Halloween: Contrasting Green and Plum Dark Witchy Makeup

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   60 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

L'Oreal Paris - True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, W2 Light Ivory
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
Becca Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill - Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, Champagne Pop
 Marc Jacobs - Le Marc Lip Creme, Cora Cora 
Bobbi Brown - Skin Weightless Powder Foundation, 1 Warm Ivory


              With makeup this dramatic I really wanted to keep the skin simple, yet clear! Yes, you might see a few scabs, but in all honesty I'm not in the game of creating more breakouts, or peeling off skin. With that being said, kicking off the tutorial into full bloom, I squeezed out one pump of my Marc Jacobs Beauty Perfecting Coconut Primer, by directing the glob center of my left palm, then rubbed my hands together, and proceeded to softly massaging the coconut essence into my skin starting from the center of my face, moving out towards my hairline. I find it helpful to DOT the product onto all main planes of one's face before blending, it'll evenly distribute all given product! To clear up my complexion, and yield a radiance I pulled out my L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in the shade W2 Light Ivory, and went to blending heaven. I find this product works best with a SUPER dense blender, such as Morphe's M439! Personally, only two coatings were needed, but for the scabs I allowed product to harden on my finger tips, then gently spot corrected with tiny pats. Ah-hah! Concealer alternative my friends, you're welcome! While I could of applied blush, it would of taken away from the creamy effect I was aiming to yield. Plus the fact, black and orange are extremely overpowering shades, hence making it smarter to keep your skin as it is with a slight peachy glow! Speaking of glows, I dusted Champagne Pop by Becca Cosmetics onto the high points of my face, with a main emphasis on my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose. From here I went straight ahead the the lip department, and evenly applied Cora Cora by Marc Jacobs Beauty onto my lippies! This color is ACTUALLY a deep coral, but for some reason it turned into a subdue orange, perhaps it's a contrasting issue...weird. For clean up purposes I pulled out Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in the shade 1 Warm Ivory, and with a dry Beauty Blender Pro, I softly yet firmly patted it across my under eye areas with stipples, and sweeps to dust away excess pigments. Before moving ahead to the eye makeup, please know a dry beauty blender can be VERY effective in applying powders, less absorption occurs, at-least in my findings! 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Pressed Eyeshadow, Flamepoint (wash of color)
Morphe Brushes - Individual Eyeshadow Pan, Spice (crease, lower lash)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan, Corrupt (all over lids, lower lash line)
Sugarpill Cosmetics - Loose Eyeshadow Pigment(s): Penelope (inner corners); Stella (lids) 
Revlon Cosmetics - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                Think of the eye makeup as a messy explosion of COLOR! Now, I know my perfectionists out there shall have something to say, but Halloween does not have "perfect" in the word, its what you make of it. With that being the case, after glowin' up my skin I went ahead and defined my brows by using Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn! I went for a thinner, yet fuller shape this way it could better prepare my face for a dramatic smokey eye, remember brows can change the face drastically, work em' girl. Smokey eyes when it comes to me can be popped out within 6 minutes, how? There are three basic things to know! DARK Smokey eyes consist of 3 or more shades, and are generally a gradience between light, your all over shade, medium, your crease shade, and dark, your base shade that smokes around the entire eye. Once you get into a rhythm of blending, smokey's become easier by the minute! Let me lead by example. Swirling into Flamepoint by Sugarpill Cosmetics with a Sephora #18 brush, I softly swished the color across both my lids with side to side blends, and made sure to bring all excess product up into my crease, and down below my lower lash line. Flamepoint will be peaking above the darker shadow, so it's best to build up pigment before moving ahead! For a bit of extra pigment, and to give Flamepoint a push, I dusted Spice shadow by Morphe Brushes into my crease with a fluffy #31 Sephora Collection Blender.  Use Spice to ease up both oranges! We've added our medium shade, it's now time to smoke things up. Reverting back to my #18 brush, I took a hardy amount of Corrupt shadow onto the bristles, then began firmly applying the color to my lids! I found it best to start in a sheer coating, then to build up as I went.  As I built up, the shadow gradually migrated out into my inner v, and under my lower lash line! Since I was already down below by this point, I glided Smolder Eye Kohl by Mac Cosmetics across both my waterlines, and then lined my upper lash lines with Revlon's Black Out liquid liner. Pausing the tedious steps, I went back to my shadow, and firmly patted Stella across both my lids (ontop of Corrupt), and Penelope loose eyeshadow pigment towards the inner corners of my eyes! This is where things got messy -- as a pre-warning, do be aware fall out is inevitable, and the spreading of shadow as you apply will create a grunge like effect. Gosh, this reminded me of how meidicne commercials list out the side effects, and one of em' says, "you could possibly die." ANYHOW, to finish up I coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, then applied my favorite Huda Beauty Lashes in Scarlett. Aim for tons of drama with this, loves! Hope you all enjoyed, yes this was shorter than usual, but it's actually a simple look, Love you all XOXOX, your Lilz.