Friday, October 7, 2016

Wearable Halloween: Contrasting Green and Plum Dark Witchy Makeup Tutorial

                  Complementary hues can be quite gorgeous, but I myself, enjoy change! Instead of another gradient smokey eye, or dramatic glitter bomb, for today I went with the contrasting route.  Essentially, contrasting hues bring out the best of each other, in the terms of being opposites. To avoid confusion, complementary's are indeed opposites, and inhibit contrasts, but in the context of direct opposites being molded together, the term changes! Not only is the makeup look pictured below sexy, it is colorful, and vibrant. I don't know about you loves, but I'm tired of seeing mounds of neutral-- this applies to makeup pallets as well! What happened to the electric hues that used to be distributed throughout numerous pallets?! Perhaps company's find they make more money off of dupes...dunno, but do care. For one, I will say this is the second look apart of my "Wearable Halloween" series, since it has a witchy vibe to it. List your thoughts below love bunnies, XOXO, your Lilz!
Time to Complete This Tutorial: 20 Minutes, 34 Seconds
Notes: Glow From Within Skin Finish, Dark, Sexy

Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
*Hourglass Ambient Lighting Finishing Powder(s): Dim Light; Incandescent Light

                   Witches have been scrutinized throughout history, whether it be from mass killings, or from the drama factor of witch like appearances we've all become fond of. Being my series is called, "Wearable Halloween", today we shant wear fabulous pointy hats, nor ride raggedy broom sticks.  Instead, we shall rock intensive hues, and look all around SEXY! As a reminder, the point of this series as mentioned in my Candy Corn starter tutorial, is to cater to those not looking to glam up or transform fully on Halloween. Not everyone wants to wear heavy, and poorly made costumes. Not everyone has time to paint their faces, this my friends, is the perfect alternative! Alrighty, to begin I actually worked backwards...weird, right?! Since I have dry skin, it's best to choose a hydrating primer, but the foundation I went with is aimed for oily to combination skin types, thus a way to liquify this formula out (liquids work well with my dry skin), would be to combine the stick and primer formulas. Let me explain! I first smudged tiny dashes of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in my shade Ivory across the 4 (four) main planes of my face, those being the tops of my cheeks, and on the center of both my forehead and chin. Then, plopping one pump of my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer center of my Morphe M439 brush bristles, I softly buffed the products in using a series of wide circular blends, and tiny stipples. For areas needing extra coverage, be sure to apply more pressure, it's more likely you'll use LESS product by taking this route! 

              Unlike most days, blush went a bit differently today. Instead of actually applying a peachy, plum like, or even orange shade of blush, I dusted Hourglass's Dim Light Ambient powder across the apples of my cheeks with a Mac 159 brush. The peachy powder creates a bronze like effect on my skin while maintaining a luminous glow! Speaking of glows, from the same brand, I dusted the shade Incandescent Light on top of all highlighting zones.  Sadly, I am aware that MANY do not know how to manipulate the Ambient powder's! For as long as you blend evenly, and place your products strategically across certain zones of your face, there really should be NO problem's yielded, but if you have further questions feel free to shoot me an email :). As far as the lips go I applied TWO coating's of Venom Lip Gloss by Anastasia Beverly hHlls onto both my upper and bottom lips, then sprayed on Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to ensure my witchy makeup look would remain set, and glamorous all night long.
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow (Pro Pallet Refill Pan): Bottle Green (crease, lid); Carbon (crease); Passionate (lower lash line); Pink Venus (inner corners); Humid (inner third of lid)
*Violet Voss Glitter(s): Pixie PinkPaige
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

Despite the wide array of eye makeup products used, this shouldn't take an intermediate makeup lover more than 13 (thirteen) minutes tops, since each color ties into one another! Before getting down to business, I quickly filled my brows in using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. I find this product to be extremely long lasting, and a suiting color match to my natural color! Shall we begin the shadows? Swirling my Morphe M433 brush into Bottle Green by Mac Cosmetics, I dusted the shade across both my lids with side to side motions, then took excess product up into my crease with tiny circular blends. The more you dust across your lids, the less pigment intensity your bristles should have during the crease stage! I'm personally one who enjoys quick, to the point intensity. With that being said, I switched shadows to Carbon and with that same M433 firmly smudged the deep black into my crease by following the natural eye socket curvature my eyes contain. Prior to working on my lower lash line, I dipped my finger into Humid and patted it onto the inner third of my lids for an eye opening effect! Moving down below, Passionate was smudged fully across my lower lash line with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, followed by Pink Venus towards the inner corners, or tear ducts. I thought a glittery touch would be cute, so I patted Pixie Pink by Violet Voss Cosmetics on top of Pink Venus, and Paige glitter, by the same company, on top of Passionate with a Mac 239! These glitters adhere rather well WITHOUT a glitter glue base, for those curious. Liner wise I applied Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out across both my upper lash lines (aim for thick lines), and then smoked out my lower lash line once more by gliding Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across both waterlines. Witches are quite fabulous, so their lashes should be too! Using L'Oreal's Voluminous Feline Noir Waterproof Mascara (yanno, incase anyone throws water at ya'...Wizard of Oz reference...), I coated my natural lashes numerous times, with a main focus on my lower lashes, then applied Huda Beauty's Scarlett Falsies for maximum drama. Hope all of you beauties enjoyed, XOXO!
SaveSaveSaveSave