Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Twinkling Green, Bronze, and Gold Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                         After completing this makeup look, I finally came to the realization that greens bring out my eyes like NO OTHER shade on this earth! Isn't it bizarre, since bronzes and coppers are the traditional shades for blue eyes? Perhaps it's a complementary thing! Anyhow, for today I have in store a super shimmery green and bronze eye makeup look that even intermediate makeup lovers can recreate. I truly hope you beauties enjoy, and WELCOME new love bunnies! If you have any questions, or requests feel free to comment below, or email me at thaeyeballqueen@gmail.com.

                  Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with the minor touch ups of a lighting change, or saturation enhancement. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 23 1/2 Minutes 
Notes: Natural Radiant Skin Finish, Classy, Universally Flattering, Basic Makeup Concepts Used

*Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
*Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick, Musk

                Just as always, I kicked off the face makeup with one pump of my Marc Jacobs Beauty Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! For those curious about this product, I recently explained in my "Best Cosmetic Brand(s) For..." blog post, about how this stuff is holy grail quality, especially for those with beyond sensitive, and dry skin. The price is quite off-putting, but for the amount one receives and generally should use, it'll last a year's time! Getting back on topic, the one pump of primer was softly massaged across all zones of my face beginning from the center, near my nose, and distributing out towards my hairline for even coverage. Speaking of coverage, today was definitely a Marc Jacobs day! Pulling out the Genius Gel Foundation, in my shade 14 Ivory Medium, I pushed a pump out of product onto the back of my hand, then swirled Morphe's M439 Deluxe brush into the given color blob, and began buffing it across my skin starting from the left side of my cheek working my way inwards towards the center of my face. Whenever extra coverage was needed, I focused on concentrated stippling motions fit with ample pressure! Believe it or not, I have NEVER tried out Milani's Rose Powder Blush. This is quite comical since I always raid the drugstore and seek out Milani items. Anyhow, long story short, I've never tried a powder SO SILKY in my life! It's amazing, and is on par with high end brands. Tea Rose was dusted across my cheeks specifically from the apples up towards my hairline with a Sephora Collection #73 brush. By using this method you draw the cheekbones UP, thus creating light illusions. 

                  The Milani Blush literally, had me shook, to the point I only applied a bit of Natasha Denona's All Over Glow in 01 to the tops of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose! Glow? I say radiance. Now, during my Periscope broadcast, I noticed there was quite a controversy about my lips! Some went as far as TELLING ME, I got plastic surgery, or lip fillers. Two things, I don't condone, and two things that are the opposite of what I stand for. SO, I suppose if you want plumper lips pair Bite Beauty's Musk with Sugar by Buxom! The plumping gloss really does work, haha. The trick to creating that effect, without the work of surgery, and without the usage of overlining is choosing a lipstick close to your natural lip shade/undertone, then pairing it with a mauveish rose. As far as setting my skin goes, I dusted on Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder mainly under my eyes with Mac's 132 Brush, then sprayed on Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray for the insurance of makeup that looks beautiful all day long, without powdery, or cakey finishes yielded.
 *Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn (waterline, brows)
*Morphe Brushes Individual Eyeshadow Pan, Spice (transitional)
 Mousse (crease); Caramel (lower lash line); Hot Fudge (inner v)
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow, Mint Soda
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Pressed Eyeshadow, Buttercupcake (lower lash line SMOKE)
*BEAUTYBARBABY Glamorous Life Highlighter PRESSED (inner corners, lid)
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn


                     As a reference point, the eye makeup presented above RESEMBLES my Fruity Green & Peach Tutorial. Be sure to check that out for not only variations, but a different perspective of blending and application styles! How does this differ? One, warmer tones were used, and two SHIMMERS are prevalent throughout the whole darn thing! To begin I softly filled my brows in by using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. I tend to go for much more natural fills, than most with dramatic arches and such! Do what looks best for your face shape, after all, brows define everything. To lay out the groundwork for the many shadows to come, I dusted Spice by Morphe Brushes across my lids and up into my crease with a E22 Pointed Blender! Look at this shade as not only a transitional, but a base. For added dimension I switched brushes to a M433, and shadows to Mousse, as well as Hot Fudge from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet! Both were softly eased throughout my crease with swift side to side blends concentrated towards the outer v (outer third of lid, too) of my eyes. Be sure to work in LIGHT layers, that means build up pigment as you! Especially with eye makeup tutorials leaning a bit more classy, and less smokey, you must gauge the depth of your shadows. With this much control, anything is possible.


                      Prior to setting my Semi-Sweet pallet down, I quickly smudged Caramel shadow across my lower lash line in a few sweeps! This was followed by Buttercupcake for a bit of a smoked out, more yellow toned effect. ALRIGHT, EYEBALL TWINKLIN' TIME! Lightly dabbing into Sugarpill's Loose Eyeshadow in Mint Soda, thus picking up a decent amount of product, I firmly patted my 239 Mac brush bristles directly across the inner to center lid areas. IF needed, don't worry about using slight side to side smudges, this'll only create a more gradient effect! Speaking of gradience, and since the eye makeup by this point was half way completed, I applied my BeautyBarBaby Glamorous Life highlighter onto the inner corners of my eyes trailing up onto my lids. This bad boy REALLY created a shimmering effect! For defining purposes, Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out was topped onto my upper line with sharp wings, and my lashes were coated with L'Oreal's Feline Noir Mascara. Want huge eyes, fast? Take a tip from thaeyeballqueen --  line your waterline using the eyebrow pomade you normally use for your hair, and apply an uber dramatic yet full lash style to your upper lash lines such as KoKo Marilyn. Have a happy Wednesday my loves, XOXO!
SaveSaveSaveSave