Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Mythology: Springy Meadow Nymph Makeup Tutorial

                   Calling all PETAL pushers to the stage, because the Springy Meadow Nymph has surfaced! I was quite surprised from the anticipation you loves evoked through likes, and comments on my sneak peak text statement last week, on Instagram. Being the other two Nymphs were of an intermediate to expert skill level, despite me still believing ANYONE could of done the Ocean, and Woodsy tutorial's, I decided to make the Meadow Nymph delicate, cute, inviting, and much easier to complete for the average beauty out there! Understanding the concepts of extended soft cut creases (almost looks like a halo eye), and slight frecklage creation will make your final outcome a direct replication of what's pictured below. Grab those butterfly pins love bunnies, because it's now time to MAKE UP! 

           Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly!

Time to complete this tutorial: 29 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                    42 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Stick Foundation, Ivory 
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
Nars Cosmetics - BlushGaiety
Hourglass Cosmetics - Ambient Lighting Pallet, Incandescent Light 
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Lime Crime - Velvetines, Cupid
(Applied with fingers, then wiped off softly)
Mac Cosmetics - Prep + Prime Fix+

Ashland - Mini Butterfly Pack (sold AT Michaels store only)

               Getting the base out of your way first will be of beneficiary stances, and yes I am talkin' to you backwards bunnies who do their eye makeup first! Trust me, once you have the face makeup set, the eye makeup is an absolute BREEZE, since the idea isn't sharpness, the idea is softness, which can be yielded by blending vibrant colors for a few minutes without a worry in the world (those who do eye makeup first are sticklers for detail, hence me advising the reverse). With all that being said, to begin, I squeezed out a pump of my Marc Jacobs Perfecting Coconut Primer, and from that pump gently disbursed it across my skin starting from the center zone of my face, going out towards my hairline! DO NOT neglect the hairline, especially with an excess of blusher being called for.  Essentially, in the long run you cheat yourself since the difference between face primer, and no face primer is quite drastic! For an even base I smudged the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Ivory across the 4 (four) planes of my face, those being on the tops of my cheeks, the center of my forehead, and center of my chin; then with a cleaned Morphe M439, I softly buffed the creamy foundation in with a series of circular and slight stippling motions. Anyone with striking skin conditions such as dryness, or oiliness make sure symptoms are combated to the best of your abilities during the base stage,  because blush has a tendency to fade off, and sometimes can streak off during wear time, although I've never experienced this with my Nars Blush, but as head love bunny, I think of everything, hence I am pre-warning. Speaking of that Nars Blush, with my Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush, I firmly swirled several times into Gaiety blush, and followed through by concentrating the intensive pigment on the tops of my cheeks, better known as the apples! Don't fear adding a bit more pigment if you're not quite satisfied, the more flushed, the sweeter the overall effect shall look. I almost forgot -- take excess product on your brush, and swish it under your chin, the balanced pink effect will look fairy like!



                Time to freckle and glow up! Remember my Frozen Princess Anna Halloween Makeup Tutorial? Well, the method to stipple on freckles is exactly alike, so if you'd enjoy a further insight be sure to check that blog post out. First off, it's smartest to take care of a gentle glow, before applying a layer of auburn on top! I went with Incandescent Light from Hourglass's Ambient Lighting Pallet, and smudged the product across the high points of my face with an emphasis on my cheekbones, and down the bridge of my nose (Mac 132 Brush). For the freckles, I kept consistent with my regular eye brow color since a, freckles are reddish, and b, red tones look amazing on my skin! Be sure to have handy a sturdy, and medium sized stippling brush, I chose the E.L.F. Cosmetics Studio Stipple. Dipping into my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, numerous times, I began slightly PRICKING with optimal pressure the brush bristles across my left cheek, up the hill to the bridge of my nose and back down to the top of my right cheek. Continue this process until the freckles are noticeable  IF the pigment seems too intense, stipple your foundation brush on top of any freckle spots. As weird as it might seem, excess product always lingers along, and dense brushes tend to buff things out well. For a pop of color on my lips I applied Lime Crime's Cupid with my fingers (gentle pats), then with a cleaned paper towel softly blotted the rosy shade to yield a faded, almost "BLOOMING" flower effect, any mid-toned rose shall do! Ahhh, finally the last two steps. Usually I'd apply a setting powder, but I felt the final outcome was so flawless, only a bit of setting spray was needed to secure everything in! As you might of guessed, Mac's Prep+Prime Fix+ in four spritzes was applied generously to my skin, I like to rock my head around this way every angle touches the Fix+. You might be wondering what the last step is since only a certain amount of products were used, but luckily it's a simple one! Pulling out two butterfly pin's (embellishments) from Ashland's Mini Butterfly Pack, I placed two into my hair, one surfacing near the head of my braid, and another as a barrette of sorts. These are exclusive to all Michaels Art's and Crafts stores, so get em' while they're HOT! 

 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Morphe Brushes - Single Eyeshadow Pan: Tokyo Tea (center of lid, lower lash line);  Pretty in Pink (transitional shade); Magical Magenta (crease)
Makeup Geek Cosmetics - Eyeshadow Pan/ Foiled Eyeshadow Pan, Curfew (softly brushed into crease)
Mac Cosmetics - Eye Kohl, Smolder 
Huda Beauty - Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

                 Originally I wanted this to be a sleek cut crease, then I realized a soft and delicate woman isn't wearing sharp makeup, she's wearing something elegant, and something that resembles a fairy's kingdom, hence me taking the approach of very gradient, and almost halo eyeish shadow blending.  Anyhow, enough of my gibber gabber, let's get into the full details! To start off the whole shebang, I defined my brows by using Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade, in the shade Auburn, naturally.  From there I popped out, and swirled into Pretty in Pink by Morphe Brushes, then with a #31 Sephora Brush softly blended the transitional color into my crease with a series of side to side blending motions, and tiny circular blends! Before adding a hint of green, I sealed the deal with a wash of Magical Magenta all throughout my crease followed by Curfew by Makeup Geek to yield extra definition and build up drama. Be sure to carefully swish both colors towards the outer third, and inner third of your lids while building up pigment for a vibrant effect! Speaking of vibrant effects, with a Sephora #18, I brushed Tokyo Tea by Morphe Brushes across my entire lower lash line, then popped it onto the center of both lids.  If you wish to have a contrast of hues, add Humid by Mac Cosmetics towards the outer third of your lower lash line! Not only will this make your eyes seem larger, it is quite pleasing to one's senses. I chose to leave this step out because it is EXTREMELY optional. 

              It's funny how when it's Winter I pop out the Summer tutorials, and when it's Fall I pop out the Spring tutorials...go figure! In the terms of finalizing steps, Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder was glided along my waterline, with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara coated onto my natural lashes, sealed with Huda Beauty's Scarlett. Again, this tutorial is the MOST simple out of the other Nymphs, so hopefully beginners out there you can tag along! Enjoy my cuties, and thank you for reading, XOXO, your Lilz.
SaveSave