Sunday, October 30, 2016

Soft Golden Goddess Halloween Makeup Tutorial | Morphe Brushes 35OS Pallet

                   After all these makeup tutorials, there is one look I've chosen to channel in full force this October 31, that being a golden goddess! A classic, really, but everyone has their different spin on the look, some being more wearable than others. Since I wanted to yield ethereal vibes, I kept things VERY golden, yet extremely light in tone, thus making it an out of this world look without a lot to be done! Ahem, calling all beauties who still need makeup ideas, look no further than this one.  All you shall need is the Morphe 35OS pallet, or a bunch of light gold shadows of different hues...even the glow is eyeshadow! Hope you cuties enjoy, and ONCE AGAIN, stay safe tomorrow night.

                        Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly! 

Time to complete this tutorial: 17 Minutes (professionals/myself)
                                                   28 Minutes (beginners/ intermediate)

Marc Jacobs Beauty - Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  
Mac Cosmetics - Mineralized Blush, Uplifting (Limited Edition, 14')
Morphe Brushes - 35OS Color Shimmer Nature Glow Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 1, Column 1 (glow)
L'Oreal Paris - Colour Riche Lipstick, Golden Splendor
Mac Cosmetics - Prep + Prime Fix+

                Before bronzing fanatics get excited, I'm here to say all you'll need is a strong coral blush, and an intensive pale gold highlight, or a highlight corresponding best to your skin tone! Again, this tutorial is a walk in the park in comparison to my other Halloween looks, so treat it as such. To begin, I created a concentration between my Marc Jacobs Beauty Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, to the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, in my shade 14 Ivory Medium. Simply said, one pump of each was plopped directly onto my Morphe M439 bristles, and from there I softly swirled the brush against my skin, which not only mixed the 1:1 ratio, it began covering all imperfections. Especially with a concept of ethereal beauty, one must ensure their skin tone is even, and flawless! With that being said, work in light layers, and DO NOT cake on the product, if anything conceal what's needed later on with a powder, or with a thickened foundation adequate enough to be used as concealer. Blush is probably my most favorite thing about makeup, which is interesting because for the longest time I despised ANY pop of color. Today however I really got to pile on the glow with Mac's Uplifting Mineralized Blush! This happens to be a limited edition, but any coral with gold veins shall do -- the product was dusted directly onto the apples of my cheeks and up towards my hairline with a Mac 159 brush.  Uplifting has tiny, yet noticeable reflective glitter specimens, thus making it perfect for Halloween makeup (similar to Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Powders)!

                  While I could of used a pale gold highlighter, actually labeled "highlighter", I thought it would be interesting to get more usage out of my 35OS pallet by smudging Row 1, Column 1 shadow onto all high points of my face! Anyone who owns the 35OS, knows the creaminess these shadows hold, so applying with my fingers was not an issue at all.  In fact, I smeared excess onto my lips, then coated left over product with my L'Oreal Golden Splendor Lipstick. Golden Splendor probably was my most coveted purchase of the end of 2016, I use it more than I should since golds can be taken for frosts, but in all honesty, the pigment is incredible, and the staying power is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Speaking of staying power, to ensure my makeup would remain in place all day, I sprayed on a bit of Mac's Prep + Prime Fix+.  While applying the setting spray, I like to move my head around, and rock it side to side this way ALL angles would reach the product!
Morphe Brushes - 35OS Color Shimmer Nature Glow Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 1, Column 1 (inner corners) Row 2, Column 1 (lids, lower lash line); Row 5, Column 2 (crease)
Revlon Cosmetics - ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, Black Out
Mac Cosmetics - Lip Pencil/Liner, Spice (waterline)

            Brows, they're SOOOOOOOOOO mainstream! Okay, that was a joke...ha-ha?! My main purpose for keeping the brows bare was to keep all focus on my eyes, and the glow. Harsh brows would simply remove the ethereal aspect of this tutorial, and not make matters unique! As you love bunnies can see from above, and to the left side of this paragraph, the eye makeup is EXTREMELY wearable. Perhaps an everyday Fall-Winter transition look? Wearability, with an ease my friends, because only 3 eyeshadows were used, and even a lipliner I believe many own was thrown in there. Anyhow, let's get into the full details, this shouldn't consume too much time! Swirling into Row 1, Column 1 with a Sephora #18 brush, I carefully placed the frosty eyeshadow towards my inner corners, then quickly switched shadows to Row 2, Column 1. This pure gold was dusted upon my lids in two firm strokes (fix+ was applied on the second application for a metallic effect), then was taken into my crease, and towards my lower lash line to soften up the remaining product! To finish up the eyeshadow, Row 5, Column 2 was taken into my crease. As you might of guessed, I concentrated the pigment towards my inner v, but ultimatlety blended the color out, and up towards my brows. 

               Some of you cuties might opt in for using dark brown eyeliner, instead of pitch black, but I personally think black defines the eyes better and creates a wider, plus larger, look to em'. Emphasizing that larger eye effect, once I applied on L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, and plopped KoKo's Lashes in 502 across both upper lash lines, I went over the false eyelash band with Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner, and created a half Arabic eye, without the flick. Obviously, you can create heavy wings, but once again, as I've drilled in your pretty little skulls (yes, very Halloweeny of me), ETHEREAL IS THE GOAL! Without being too harsh of a color, I finished up the entire look by gliding on Spice liner across both my waterlines. Think soft brown with gold, rather instant brown, or black! Please know lip liners are not necessarily eye safe, so use at your own risk, I'd hate for you loves to have twitchy eyeballs...been there, done that! Hope you loves enjoyed, stay tuned for my full blown Halloween blog post which will have a list of my so far completed theatrical tutorials, this way things will be easier for you guys to navigate. Love you all, XOXO, your Lilz!