Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fluorescent Fluorite Inspired Halloween Alien Makeup Tutorial


             Have you ever seen calcite, or perhaps fluorite lit by fluorescent lighting? If not, take a peak to the image provided to your right (www.causewayminerals.com).  Gorgeous, isn't it? Between you and I, these past few days grasping for inspiration has been quite the tricky, however after stumbling upon several physics pages via Instagram, I became instantly mesmerized by the variety of neon hues offset by the properties of light, and of course, physics on different minerals! While the colors I chose to use for the final fluorite alien esc makeup tutorial ranged lighter in tones, in comparison to my inspired photo, I do feel some concepts held such as the illumined factor of bright and dark neon shades contrasting between each other. I truly hope you beauties enjoy, and I do hope I made this simple, and concise enough that even beginners can tear into this bad boy! All photos taken ARE filtered, to the extent of a flare filter added to yield that extra terrestrial effect. Colors are NOT, however enhanced. Let's get into the details, XOXO, your Lilz.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 54 Minutes 
Notes: Unusual Skin Effects, Halloween, Inspired, Unique

Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
*Stila Watercolor BlushWater Blossom
*Jesse's Girl Cosmetics 2016 Masquerade Pallet: Row 1, Column 3 (highlight)
*Cover Fx Cream Foundation, N0 (accent marks)
*Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art, Cobalt Crystal 

               Like any other dramatic tutorial, please make sure you thoroughly wash your skin prior to applying any makeup, and allow an adequate amount of time for all moisturizers to sink deep into your pores! Believe it or not, by doing these preventative measures, you actually save yourself a break out fest (my sensitive skin beauties understand). Being I took a shower 6 (six) hours before doing this look, further wait time was not needed :), I jumped right into the face makeup beginning with my Marc Jacobs Coconut Face Primer! Forget wear time, with the addition of glitter added to one's skin, you NEED a protective barrier between the skin layer, and makeup layer.  Opting out of a primer potion...is NOT an option! Squeezing out one pump of the product straight down my forehead (yeah, it felt a bit odd having the cold substance pour down the center of my face, but c'est la vie), I quickly put the sturdy container down, and proceeded to softly massaging the primer in using tiny circular motions.  Be sure to NOT neglect your hairline! To even my skin tone out, I blended, and applied, a quarter sized amount of Nars's Sheer Glow Foundation in the shade Gobi onto my skin with a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush. Everyone applies foundation differently, just like everyone does their eyebrows differently, I'll leave this step up to your own perception, and preference love bunnies!


                I knew Stila's Watercolor Blush in Water Blossom would come in handy, some day! Try aiming for VERY customizable textures that sheer out to invisible finishes, but are noticeable in certain lightings. Since Water Blossom has a violet sheen, it paired PERFECTLY with the iridescent blue highlight I gave myself! Bouncing my finger into the netted pot, I tapped into some product, then softly stippled it across my cheeks beginning from the apples moving in a slanted line towards my temples.  Speaking of blue glows, I decided using a creamy shadow was my best bet, as opposed to using the infamous Anastasia Moonchild Glow Kit! Not everyone, such as myself, owns this pallet, and sometimes being resourceful is the best route to take. Dipping Morphe's E22 Pointed Blender into Row 1, Column 3 from Jesse's Girl Cosmetics 2016 Masquerade Pallet (available in drugstores), I lightly dusted the shimmering blue onto all 4 high points of my face with the exception of my forehead, I kept this area blue free ;).  Before adding glitter, or accent marks, I took care of my lips by applying Maybelline's Midnight Blue, paired with Revlons Eye Art duo in Cobalt Crystal positioned towards the center of my lips for an ombre like effect (cream side used ONLY)! You could opt in for purple lips, or even pink lips, but I felt a unique hue of blue would be the best fitting since my under eyes have accents of blue, and my highlight is blue. Moving back above, I created special markings onto two main highlighting zones: under my brows, and on top of my cheekbones! Rather a harsh white, try choosing cream colors (Cover Fx Cream Foundation in N0 works for my G20 skin) 5 (five) shades LIGHTER than your natural skin tone, it'll tie the look together without an overly dramatic effect, pulling away from the eye makeup, and such! As many of you know, I LOVE glitter. So, I gently patted N3 glitter by Make Up For Ever on top of each accent mark with my Mac 242 Shader Brush. Excess product was taken onto the center of my lips! IF you're planning on wearing this makeup out, PLEASE include a setting spray. It will ensure all glitter, shadows, and face wear stay in place through the night!

*Jesse's Girl Cosmetics 2016 Masquerade Pallet: Row 1, Column 3 (inner corners); Row 6, Column 1 (wash of color); Row 6, Column 3 (definition shade)
*Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art, Cobalt Crystal (lower lash line, lower lashes)
*Cover Fx Cream Foundation, N0 (accent marks, cut crease line)
*Colourpop Creme Gel Liner, Prance
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn

              Believe it or not, in 6 (six) simple steps, you'll be DONE with the eye makeup! Cut creases plague many, but not your Lilz. First off, brows are a must, since they define one's face! Alien or no alien, you MUST have brows, haha. I went with my typical Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Auburn, and softly brushed the product across my brows to yield a sense of color.  The idea here is NOT to have painted, nor drawn on brows.  Just a hint of color to define, and fill in sparse areas! This should be rather simple for the majority of beauties out there, since we already have an accent line guiding where any brow product should go. In all honesty, primer is not necessary, however I do know some have oily lids thus making it important, you do you boo! To start up the shadow, I swirled into Row 6, Column 1 and dusted the shimmering pink across my lids up into the creasing of my eye socket, with side to side blending motions using a Morphe E22 blender. For a bit of definition I took Row 6, Column 3 and brushed the color primarily towards the outer third of my lid with concentrated patting and circular motions! Keep in mind that when the cut crease line is added, all the shadows will appear to be disbursed outwards, thus at this point just keep to the wide blending motions. Shifting focus down below, I pulled out my Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art duo, once more, and smudged the creamy shadow side straight across my lower lash line with a few pats to set the formula in! Flipping the eye art duo over, I coated my natural lower lashes with the glitter side by brushing the provided applicator across several times. Before setting all products down, I quickly smudged Row 1, Column 3 onto the inner corners of my eyes with a Mac 231 brush, then filled my waterlines out with Prance by ColourPop. With this type of eye makeup, deep waterline colors will NOT bring out the best of each shade incorporated in the final look.  Aim in the light spectrum, or stick with pastels!

           Dipping into N0 by Cover Fx, I drew a typical cut crease line 1 1/2 inches above the natural creasing of my eye socket, then topped it off with a bit of N3 glitter, similarly to the style all accent lines were handled with in prior minutes. Liner wise, Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out was brushed across my upper lash line in identical winged liner styles. As a tip, keep the line more straight than usual, this way the cut crease remains prominent, and all lines don't intersect! Topping off the eye makeup completely, I plopped on Marilyn falsies by Koko, anddddd voila was set. I truly hope you cuties enjoyed, and could perhaps even pull this tutorial off! Thank you all for reading, XOXO. 

SaveSaveSaveSave