Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Feminine Pink & Royal Purple Glitter Eyeliner Makeup Tutorial

                        Gahh, I am so pleased to see the positive reaction yielded from my Mythology series! Who knew you love bunnies were into such matters?! With all the vibrant colors I've been using, I felt I needed a break, and my idea of a break is PINK eyeshadow.  The thing here is the eyeshadow was blush! Many women out there simply cannot afford another pallet, nor another cosmetic item, so your frugal Lilz created a super sweet and princess like smokey paired with a strip of glitter eyeliner contrasting the pinkish tones! Moreover, the makeup presented down below is meant to uplift the face (especially if pinks work well on your complexion, blush shades are meant to be dimesnional), and create sweet notes in a womanly way (some associate pink with youth, but it can be dolled up).  Enjoy love bunnies, XOXO, your Lilz. 

                 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, sharpness enhancement or a saturation enhancement. These factors DO NOT physically change the construct of each photo, they make it so you loves can see em' clearly!

*Dress is vintage; Flowers are from FAUX flower stems (Michaels Craft Store)*

Time to complete this tutorial: 23 Minutes (professionals/myself)

Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
Nars Cosmetics - Blush, Orgasm
Hourglass Cosmetics - Ambient Lighting Pallet, Incandescent Light 
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Liquid Lipstick, Lovely
Buxom Cosmetics - Full-On Lip Polish, Kayla

                         Please take note at my new way of listing products! Rather the bulletin points, and confusion comma's, I made it simple, and to the point with the brand listed first, the product coming in second, and then shade as the last text item. With this change also comes an official Theyeballqueen website by the beginning of next year, be sure to stay tuned cuties! Anyhow, onto the makeup we go. To begin I mixed one pump of my Marc Jacobs Beauty Coconut Primer with one pump of my Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation. The Ultra HD can become thick and unable to use overtime, especially during the cooler months, so I find it best to liquify the consistency with a hydrating primer! Once I had an even ratio between foundation and primer, I picked up Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer, and swirled into the product, thus creating a mixture. With an ample amount of product clinging to the M439 bristles, I began softly stippling the foundation/primer mixture across my face starting from the center, moving out towards my hairline! Constantly beating your skin isn't necessarily a good thing, so I changed up my blending motions with a few disbursing circular blends, these cover larger planes (cheeks) quicker anyway. For a slight flush of color, I swished Orgasm blush by Nars Cosmetics across my cheeks, starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline with a Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush. Try to stick within the range of shimmering pinks, hinting gold tones as these'll compliment the pink blush as eyeshadows well!


                   A look consisting of feminine natures does not include frosted flake glows! Think soft, and flattering sheens of color. One of my favorite natural glows to use is Incandescent Light from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Pallet! With that being said, stroking my Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush into the product pan a few times until visible pigment showed on the bristles, I blended the glowing product across the high points of my face with an emphasis on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. One thing to keep in mind is girly looks don't necessarily mean one must fully coat and mask their face -- I let my imperfections and scabs SHOW, while using very little amounts of product! Confidence is key. Lovely by Anastasia Beverly Hills unfortunately was only a Spring promo, however I do think at times they bring the color back! The liquid lipstick was paired with one coating of Kayla Full-On Lip Polish by Buxom Cosmetics to achieve a glossy yet flirty appearance. With such aesthetically pleasing makeup, one should insure their face...literally with either a setting powder, setting spray...or BOTH! Instead of pulling out my big guns, I lightly dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across the 4 (four) main planes of my face, keeping the product mainly on my under eye area. A setting spray would only be suiting IF I intended to wear the makeup more than 5 hours!
 Anastasia Beverly Hills - Dipbrow Pomade, Auburn
Tarte Cosmetics - Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Pallet: Dollface (wash of color); Fetching (definition, lower lash line)
Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Cosmetics - Dessin Du Regard Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil, Shimmering Burgundy
Urban Decay Cosmetics - Heavy Metal Glitter, ACDC (eyeliner base)
 Violet Voss Cosmetics - Glitter, Paige Glitter (eyeliner, lower lash line outer third)
KoKo Lashes - Marilyn Lashes


            I would like to regard the fact this eye makeup look is not flattering for everyone, however it can be if one changes the tones to fit their complexion! For example, these light pink blushes are too bright for someone with deep chocolate skin.  The fix? Opt in for berry tones, and perhaps a plum glitter, if the royal purple is too vibrant for you. As you all can see from the products list above, the eye makeup is extremely simple, so expect this portion to go by quickly! Starting off with bare eyeballs, I began creating drama in the most defining way possible, coloring in my brows. Interestingly, the one mistake of a too high arch, or too thick brow can instantly change your whole face! The goal here is soft, and sweet, hence me very lightly filling in each brow with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn. While applying foundation I tend to brush over my eyelids, thus these area's are already primed -- be my guest on adding an extra sticky base if you desire extreme vibrancy. Tarte happens to formulate their Amazonian Clay Blushes with EXTRA staying power, so once again here is another reason to NOT pack on the products! Enough of my gibber gabber, let's get to the actual shadows. Swirling into Dollface with my M433 Morphe Brush, I lightly swished the color across my lids, and up into my crease a few times until an extremely blended appearance surfaced. Blushes are made to have dimension, thus it's not necessary to pop out a full blown smokey eye, all you need are two shades! Speaking of two shades, my second, and last color to be used is Fetching.  Fetching is slightly more red toned, this means one must work carefully to not give the appearance of swollen eyes! I personally just took the shade into my crease with a few concentrated blends, then dusted excess CLOSLY to the outer third of my lower lash line.


                    By this point the basis for all glitter has been completed, it's now time to actually apply and dramatize! First off, one should always have handy a burgundy eyeliner. You think browns are important? Burgundy's support an array of eye colors, and ensure a spunky outlook each time. Black waterliner would actually take away from the glitter eyeliner up above, thus the burgundy supports attraction, yet hinders behind! I smudged the Yves Saint Laurent Shimmering Burgundy Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil across both my waterlines, then switched products to Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Glitter in ACDC, and lined my upper lash line with thick wings. While the product was still wet, and drying, I quickly patted Paige Glitter by Violet Voss Cosmetics on top of the ACDC line with a Mac 231 Brush, and dragged excess down to the outer third of my lower lash line. I though of dragging Paige straight across my lower lash, until I came to the realization by ONLY building up the outer third you widen the eyes! Being I had the intent of applying falsies straight along, I wanted to make sure my natural lashes would blend in and create a thickening effect against the faux lashes, so I applied L'Oreal's Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then plopped the KoKo Lashes in Marilyn across both upper lash lines. Sometimes fun, and playful glitter can be quite elegant and darling! Thank you for tuning in my cuties, XOXO.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave