Friday, October 14, 2016

Cool Toned Glittering Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial | Smashbox Full Exposure Pallet

                      Happy Friday love bunnies! As per request, I put together an all cool toned makeup tutorial, with the exception of my foundation shade. I tend to gravitate towards warm tones most, so this was a fun change up, and it made me realize how forgotten fairer skinned women are nowadays! All colors of the spectrum are beautiful, and none should be treated any different from one another, let's just make that clear before the wolves unleash. Anyhow I truly hope all of you enjoy, and take a little bit of information out of my writing as below I explain why Smashbox's Full Exposure Pallet is THE BEST! Stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial, XOXO, your Lilz.
Time to Complete This Tutorial: 
14 Minutes (I work quick, for most this'll take 45 minutes)

Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; Two (2) Pumps of Primer
*Mac Powder Blush, Well Dressed


               Despite popular belief, cool tones can mold onto numerous skin tones, you just have to choose the correct depth of color! For example, light shades of taupe might wash out a chocolaty skin tone, and form a sense of ashiness. However, a deep brown with lots of dimension could create a quite sensual, and smoked out effect! With this being the case, stick to your natural foundation shade, but opt in for commentary blush, lipstick, shadow, and glow colors. Instead of golds, pale golds. Instead of powerful magentas, aim for baby pinks. I think ya' loves get the idea. My skin is SUPER dehydrated as we speak, and I can't point to the culprit just yet, so rather one pump of my Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Face Primer, I used two! After thoroughly disbursing the product across all planes of my face with soothing massaging motions, I pulled out Anastasia's Stick Foundation in the shade Ivory, and began smudging it across my cheeks, forehead, chin, and down the bridge of my nose. For areas of concern, I smudged the stick a tad harsher, this way extra product would gather around, thus everything would be covered, and look as natural as possible. Once I was satisfied with the appearance of foundation placement, I took my Morphe M439 brush and began buffing the product gently in with soft swirling motions! Referencing back to areas of concern, I alternated between the soft circles to firm stipples -- dry skin, buh bye. 


              Now that my complexion has been taken care of, it's time to amp things up a bit! If you range between Mac NC15-NC25, aim for immaculate shades such as Well Dressed by Mac Cosmetics. The girly pink was dusted across my cheeks starting from the apples, swishing up towards my hairline with a Sephora Collection #74 brush! For those with light to medium skin tones, aim for Nars Gaeity, and from those with medium to deep skin tones, try Clinique Plum Pop. It's saddening to me that Anastasia stopped producing their original illuminators, these were the only glows that yielded lovely finishes, without irritating my sensitive skin! One could only hope they'd reintroduce them again.  Anyhow, since Well Dressed has a pretty strong sheen to it already, I only applied two coatings of Starlight Illuminator to the high points of my face with a main emphasis down the bridge of my nose, and on my cheekbones. Again, just like with my blush recommendations, fair skin tones stick with light golds (pinks if you have strong undertones), medium skin tones stick with pale golds, and dark skin tones to stick with medium golds leaning more white than gold. Lip wise, I actually was aiming for something a bit more grey, but Bh Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Muse paired with Smooch Matte Liquid Lipcolor by Bare Minerals really did it for me! It made the entire look not only wearable, but sexy, if you will. To set my skin I dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across my under eyes (mainly) with a Hakuho-Do + Sephora Pro Large Teardrop Pointed Powder Brush! The usage of translucent powders that contain talc and such will form a whiteish cast to anyone's skin tone, thus lightening and create cooler effects.

*Smashbox Full Exposure Pallet: M5 (lids, lower lash); M6 (crease); M7 (inner v, lower lash); S5 (lids); S4 (inner corners)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn

                  It didn't occur to me how well a midtone taupe would appear next to my eye color, until I actually applied it on my lids today! Thannnkkkkk yooooou @chanynnicole_. Now, if you're seeking a wide array of neutral and wearable shades in 2 different finishes, look no further then the Smashbox Full Exposure Pallet. This pallet might have a few reviews stating pigment isn't present, and what not, but you can't go by this simply because even in my video, one swipe pigment was achieved, I even stated that especially with the the darker colors I had to work in light layers. Neutral toned beauties, meet Smashbox! To begin the eye makeup I first defined my brows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, then smudged on Pots & Pans Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics to form an ample shimmering base. In all honesty, with the exception of glitter the smokey shadow effect shouldn't take ANYONE more than 4 minutes to complete, and blend out throughly! Why? Taupe's are forgiving, while warm browns are more prominent and harder to work with. Swirling into M5, a midtoned matte taupe, I smudged the color across both my lids using a Morphe E22 blender, then dragged excess product up towards my crease and down below my lower lash line! This can be seen not only as a transitional hue, but as the groundwork for darker shades to come. Speaking of darker shades, M6 which is precisely an ashy brown, was taken straight into my crease! I prefer using the method of side to side blends, to work the given product in, then circular blends to disburse the darker hue outwards, thus yielding a gradience most call "smokey eyes". For just a bit more of definition, M7 was smudged throughout the inner v of my eye socket, and under my lower lash line with a Morphe M433 brush! Being I had the intent of glittering up the entire look, S5 was softly patted across my lids, followed by S4 towards the inner corners to create an eye opening effect. 

                By this point, you beauties can choose to read on and find out what glitter was used, and how it was used, or to skip along to the lashes and mascara portion! Revlon's PhotoReady Eye Art Lid + Line + Lash pen is a godsend, especially for people such as myself who desire pops of color in strategic mannerisms. Instead of a typical cut crease, I aimed for a glittery crease, that wasn't quite neat, just smoked out and all over the place, thus created an eye catching effect, especially from afar! Going in with the liquid glitter side in Black Brilliance, I shaped the way I wanted my cut crease line to appear, then topped it off with Silver glitter by Bh Cosmetics to mattify down the liquid product (it dries down slowly). As far as tedious steps go, Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder was taken upon my waterline in a few side smokes, then Revlon's ColorStay Skinny Liquid Liner in Black Out was applied to my upper lash line for a dramatic winged effect. Before coating my lashes with L'oreal's Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, I gently patted excess glitter from my Mac 212 definer brush across my lower lash line. Not only does this form a melody of hues between the upper eye makeup, and lower eye makeup, it enhances the eye catching effect previously created by the free form cut crease! To finish up the entire look I applied KoKo's lashes in Marilyn, just because these were more widespread band wise than my other falsies and created the perfect drama all around. 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave