Sunday, October 16, 2016

Classic Pin Up Winged Liner & Vintage Deep Red Lipstick Makeup Tutorial

                       Two blog posts, one day!  Pretty typical in Lillee nature, but I felt this one was a necessity to post since I already teased you loves on Instagram with details. Hope you all enjoy, please take the time to view my other Vintage inspired looks, this way you can choose your favorite, and get a grasp of different styles to complete. As a comparison, this look is a bit more pinup style than my previous posts since women of that era had creamy skin, bold lips, and lightly defined eyes/brows! Love you all, XOXO, your Lilz!

Matte Pin-Up Inspired Makeup Tutorial (orange red lips, falsies)
Pin-Up Makeup (glossy vibrant red lips, falsies, shadow)

 Do be noted, as a disclaimer, ALL products were purchased with my own money, anything stated below is MY opinion, and all photos are raw, with minor touch ups of a lighting change, or saturation enhancement. 


Time to Complete This Tutorial: 12 Minutes 

*Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  


                 Quick, to the point glam, that's my style! If you love the timeless looks of the early 1900's as I do, you will most certainly appreciate this blog post and makeup tutorial. While a touch of modernization is added, the main concepts hold! Anyhow, to begin the face makeup I created a creamy combination between my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer, and my Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation. Being my skin was generally clear, besides a few minor cuts from grooming, only a pump of each product was needed! From that mixture, I swirled Morphe's M439 into the product, which gradually mixed each formula together, then began lightly buffing it across my skin with small yet widespread circular motions. If there was a need to add coverage, let's say on the cuts (I preferred to keep them visible, this way no makeup coated over them and infected em'), I allowed my MJ foundation to thicken for 1 (one) minutes, then applied it as I would a spot concealer! Now, blush was popular in this era, but I was aiming for a clear and ivory like complexion. Be my guest if you want to pop an immaculate pink onto the tops of your cheeks! Speaking of popping immaculate shades onto the skin, however, I did brush Starlight by Anastasia Beverly Hills across the 4 (four) main high points of my face with a Mac 132 brush. The goal was to achieve a light hint of glimmer, nothing more and certainly nothing less! 


                    Funny enough, for quite some time I was looking to purchase a deep red, and all along I had one hidden in my makeup station! Besame's Blood Red is not only a soulful color, it's extremely opaque and long lasting, just take a peak at the photo provided to your left, ogling that finish, are ya?! Besame is the best selling vintage inspired brand currently, so I decided using their Vanilla Face Setting Powder was in great taste. Taking my Morphe M143, I softly brushed into the grated container, tapped off excess on the side, then dusted all remaining powder onto my skin starting from my under eye area, moving inwards towards my nose and forehead. A bit of setting powder was applied to my lips this way a fully matte yet clearly radiant finish could be yielded! Do be noted setting sprays are optional, makeup this matte tends to stay on hours without caking if applied correctly. 
Morphe G11 Brush 


         Call me cliche, but EVERYONE of all age levels knows a little somethin' somethin' about winged eyeliner! What makes todays eye makeup unique is the simplicity behind it, and the application method taken to applying all eye makeup. For example, although not indefinitely neat, the slightly smudged winged liner, with a darker to light gradience, flatters the eye well without an extremely harsh bold line across that would compete with the bold lips. Starting off, I slightly brushed through my brows with Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn with my Morphe G11 brush just to create slight color, and definition! Historically, this brow style is not accurate, but it is the most flattering for my face shape. Shadow was not used, in fact I dusted a bit of Besame's Vanilla Powder across my lids to make a point of prominent wings and creaseless finishes. For sharp, yet slightly smudged eyeliner I used a customizable gel, Bobbi Brown's Black Ink, and glided across both lids with Abh's #12 brush! Once I had my idea shape, I went back in and with my index finger slightly smudged the liner with side to side blends until a softer touch was created.  Lash wise, I ONLY coated my upper lashes with Miss Manga Mascara by L'Oreal Paris, and kept my eyes falsie free! Although, once again historically these women did wear lashes (Lucille Ball), their lower lashes were kept clean, and they wore no waterline liner -- think of mine as a rumination rather exact duplicate. Hope you loves enjoyed, XOXO!
SaveSaveSaveSave