Sunday, September 18, 2016

Wearable Soft & Colorful Pastel Makeup Tutorial

                   If you recall, pink eyeshadow used to be a color I steered clear of. Before judgement passes,  I had my reasons whether it be I felt the shadow looked horrendous against my skin tone, or I just wasn't fully equipped to deal with the shade of love! Isn't it ironic how most of my tutorials today encompass some sort of pink!?  At least I chuckled a tad.  Speaking of "today", I manipulated my Sugarpill Sparkle Baby Pallet, and made the then vibrant pastels, into a wearable yet colorful eye makeup look. Pastels are much easier to handle as opposed to straight up neons since they allow the user to sheer out any shade completely, or build up the shade to an opaque finish! Let's get to it, hope you love bunnies enjoy, XOXO, your Lilz.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 19 Minutes
Notes: Colorful yet Demure, Wearable, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Drugstore & High End

 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 Pump of Primer; 1 1/2 Pumps of Foundation
*Make Up For Ever Pro Sculpting Duo, Pink Beige (GLOW SHADE ONLY)

                      Is it me or does the drugstore lately carry spectacular products? In all honestly, I wasn't expecting L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Foundation to be outstanding in quality...guess what? This product is stellar, and is quite on par with high end brands.  Being I wasn't sure at first if I'd like the formula or not, I opted in for applying my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer FIRST, this way ample hydration would be sent to the epidermis level! Using exactly a pump plopped onto the center of my right palm, I clenched my hands together, then went ahead and just like applying a moisturizer smoothed the fragrant silky formula onto my skin starting from the center massaging out towards my hairline. A common mistake many beauties make is neglecting their hairlines, or for lack of better terms the outer parts of their face-- these show much more wear time than the center of one's face simply because the scalp sweats, don't forget it! As for the foundation, I squeezed out a pump and a half straight onto my Morphe M439 bristles, then went ahead and swirled the foundation onto my face with a few marking streaks, then concentrated stipples. Although many skip ahead nowadays and don't apply marking streaks (can be dots, or slashes), I personally prefer em', because you can be assured an even disbursement of product will be blended out in the final outcomes. A nice warm nude with a hint of pink is honestly, a beautiful accent towards ANY range of pastel hues! Not too dramatic, not too sheer. With that being said, swirling into Baby Love by Too Faced Cosmetics with a Sephora #74 Pro Small Blush Brush, I swished the satiny blush across the apples of my cheeks and blended right up towards my hairline to create the illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones. 

                The face makeup took me literally 8 (eight) minutes, that my friends is the way I like it.  Not a 10 (ten) minute face beat, that in reality looks nothing like me in the long run...some of you will catch my drift.  With blush, comes a glow. Taking Cover Fx's Enhance Click Illuminator in the shade Bubbly, I smudged it across ALL high points of my face, those being down the bridge of my nose, onto my cheekbones, and onto the center of my chin/forehead.  Blending is generally not needed since this stick self blends in with bit of finger pats, but if it tis' bothersome, be my guest in blending the cream illuminator in! To set Bubbly I dusted the pink shade provided in Make Up For Ever's Pro Sculpting Duo across any zones Bub's originally hit using a Mac Duo-Fibre 159 Brush. Lip wise, I applied Everything Nice by Gerard Cosmetics paired with a pretty lighting gloss by Sephora named 'Natural Look'! In my opinion, keeping the lips a beautiful cinnamon like shade will enable a more "wearable" overall effect, as opposed to an eye catching magenta, per-say. It's Fall, no need to pack on 10 pounds of powder...unless of course your skin needs it (oily beauties, hehe)! For setting purposes, I firmly patted Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in my shade 1 Warm Ivory under any highlighting zones using a dampened Beauty Blender Pro-- for your common knowledge, the highlight zones are really just the under eye area, and perhaps a tad on one's forehead and chin.  To lock everything in place, I sprayed on a hearty amount of Mac's Fix+, thennnnnnnnnn got ready to selfie!
*Sugarpill Sparkle Baby Pallet: Hotsy Totsy (all over lid, crease); Candy Crush (lower lash); Kitten Parade (lid, test ducts); Frostine (lower lash)
*L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Pallet, Neon: Shade 9 (crease), Shade 10 (inner V)
*Glitter Injections Pressed Glitter, Poison Berry (lid)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn
                   Onto the eye makeup we go! Another perk of wearing pastel eyeshadow: primer, what's that?! Yup, that's correct love bunnies, primer is absolutely optional today since the goal is to achieve soft yet colorful vibes.  One thing you must do, however, is define your brows! It's common knowledge that eyebrows shape the face, thus forth, I filled both my brows in using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in the shade Auburn using a Sephora #20 brush. Time to get down to business! After doing some research it became apparent to me Sugarpill NO LONGER SELLS their Sparkle Baby Pallet-- fear not, they do however sell the single shadow pans on their website for $10.00 each.  Anyhow, swirling into Hotsy Totsy using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I firmly dusted the magenta'ed pink across my lids irking up towards my crease with side to side blending motions! For a bit of added dimension, and color, I then swapped out my eyeshadow and brush, for Shade 9 from LA Girl's Beauty Brick Pallet and for Morphe's M433 Brush. Shade 9 is a stunning deep purple with magenta notes to it, one must make sure to build up adequate pigment with this bad boy, this way it tis' noticeable against the already magenta'ed Hotsy Totsy. I personally fancy swirling my brush foolhardily into any given pigment, then from that stand point, go into blending the shade in with tiny yet pressurized circular motions, as opposed to starting small and building up pigment, it's truly preference-- Shade 9 was followed by Shade 10, and Deep Plum by Anastasia Beverly Hills into the inner V of my eye socket to add dimension and depth.  Finishing up the given shades in Sugarpill's Sparkle Baby Pallet, I smudged Frostine across my lower lash line, with a touch of Candy Crush towards the inner corners of my eyes, and a smidge of Kitten Parade onto my lids and tear ducts!

                    Glitter is always optional, but I felt Poison Berry by Glitter Injections added a certain "Fall" touch to the overall appearance the eye makeup exuded.  With that being the case, I douched my previously sanitized ring finger into the pressed glitter, then went ahead and patted/smudged it across both my lids! Pigment build up was done twice over this way an extra glittery outcome was yielded. Liner wise, I created medium-thick wings using Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black Out, then smoked out my waterline using Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder! If you want, you can go back into Deep Plum, or your dark shadow of choice, and drag it across your lower lash line, this time closer to the waterline to create an extra bruiting effect.  The eye makeup on it's own is stunning, but frankly, without lashes, it's not as eye catching! Sooooooooo I coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara then applied my favorite KoKo Lashes in Marilyn! Hope all of you enjoyed, stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial, it's currently processing, XOXO, Lilz.