Saturday, September 3, 2016

Sultry Dark Silver and Gradient Purple Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                          Sadly my love bunnies the Transition Into Autumn series has come to an end for THIS SEASON! In case you're unsure, the final look completed on August 30th, 2016 was my Rusted Mahogany Metallic Makeup Tutorial, I felt like it encompassed the season well and brought a lot of warm vibes center. With an ending of one series, uproots another, so fret not you can expect one that'll blow your mind, in a positive manner quite soon. It kills me to begin blog posts with depressing information, but going along the lines of what was mentioned above, if you infer that is, this series shall live on NEXT YEAR during the months of late July-August, once you enter September territory the fall season unconventionally begins! Anyhow, today I have for you cuties a SUPER smokey and sultry eye makeup look in leu of the season.  Fall always has reminded me of deep berry and shimmering purple hues, so this was a fun look for me as I NEVER executed this makeup idea! Hope all of you enjoy, let's get into the details. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 27 Minutes
Notes: Metallic, Sultry, Cool and Warm Tones, Lit Within Glowing Finish, Smokey 

*NYX Cream Blush, Boho Chic
 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 Pump of Primer
*Nars Multiple, Copacabana
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid LipstickTrust Issues

              Good hygiene like anything else, SHOWS. With that being said prior to apply any makeup, including primer to my skin, I invested 10 minutes washing and moisturizing the uppermost layer to ensure a smooth canvas awaited! For those interested I used my Perfectly Posh Pore-fect big face bar cleanser paired with the BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream, this duo not only promotes SERIOUS hydration it elevates the pores of pore clogging makeup and other gunk filling substances. After around 1-2 minutes of visibly watching the moisturizer sink into my epidermis layer, I moved along to priming my skin using the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! A pump should suffice, especially if you have dry skin and are opting in for a combination to oily skin foundation, thus being a bit out of us beauties realms, but doable with the right primer. Speaking of combination oily skinned foundations, I went for my Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in the shade Porcelain! I began by stroking the product in even smudges across the four main zones my face withholds; cheeks, chin, forehead, and a tiny smudging on the nose! For blending purposes I whipped out my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer and softly buffed the product into my skin starting from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead with slight stipples to gain coverage in a smooth looking mannerism. Being ahead of time I knew I wanted to use a cream blush, I didn't set my M439 down, I simply transitioned smoothly into Nyx's Cream Blush in Boho Chic and stippled the product onto my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline just barley hitting the high points of my cheekbones!

                You probably haven't heard the terms "lit from within" from me in quite some time! Well guess what? That's the effect I aimed for today, and certainly is the effect I yielded by using a combination of Nars's Multiple in Copacabana and Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated.  As always I dusted both products across the high points of my face using Mac's Duo-Fibre 159 Brush, with main concentrations on the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones! As far as the lips go, I coated em' using Trust Issues Liquid Lipstick by Anastasia Beverly Hills, then glossed them up with Jane Lip Polish by Buxom, the deep purplish hue Jane contains truly brings the makeup together. Setting wise all I needed was to firmly apply Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in my shade 1 Warm Ivory across the highlighting zones of my face using a semi-dampened Beauty Blender Pro! Unlike my typical self who used to apply pounds of setting powder, and setting spray, I felt the makeup held on well itself and didn't need and extra oomph, if you catch my drift :).
Morphe G11 Brush 
*Urban Decay Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Pallet: Voodoo (lower lash outer third), Flashback (lower lash center), Omen (lower lash inner third) , Flatline (inner corners)
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow: Copperplate (transition shade); Handwritten (crease); Carbon (inner v); Idol Eyes (layered on Mirror)
*KoKo Lashes, Bella

       Aaaalright, you caught me. I really just wanted to try out my new Urban Spectrum pallet by Urban Decay, hence why a few shades were incorporated, but is that sooooooo baaaad? Yeah, don't answer that.  To being the eye makeup I first defined my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn using my Morphe G11 brush, then went ahead and prepped my lids with Bare Study Paint Pot by Mac Cosmetics, be noted, the shimmerier the better! It took me a good 15 minutes until I decided on one shade to use lid wise from Urban Decay's Alice Through the Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet, luckily I didn't pass 15 and settled on the shade named 'Mirror'. Mirror was evenly blended across both my lids using a freshly cleaned Mac 239 brush, pigment build up is optional with this color, however recommended! The way you blend your crease out with this shadow look is VERY important because you don't want something overly dramatic pigment wise to the point you cannot disburse it evenly, but by the same token you want something visible.  Fixing this dilemma quite easily, I first swished Copperplate by Mac Cosmetics into my crease as a transitional shade using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush, then morphed right into Handwritten shadow to only smudge it throughout my crease with tightly blended side to side motions, Morphe's M433 was used for this process. Adding a bit of depth from here while encompassing the purple spectrum, I blended Gone Mad into the inner v of my eye socket using very quaint circular motions leaning inwards highlighting above the natural creasing of my eye socket, this shade was followed by Carbon to yield a bit of extra drama and dimension in a CONTROLLABLE way!

           As far as the lower lash line goes, in an ordered manner I smudged Voodoo, Flashback, Omen, and Flatline straight across using Mac's 230 brush without stopping! The last color applied is Idol Eyes by Mac. This shade in particular was changed up with the simple spraying of Mac Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ to add a metallic pigment, as you might of guessed it was later tapped center of my lids right onto Mirror for an eye catching effect. Before moving forward I took my Sephora #27 Brush and quickly blended throughout my crease this way I could ensure a perfectly disbursed finish was achieved!  Liner wise I smudged Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in Black Ink straight across my upper lash line with the Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush, then went ahead and smudged HEAVILY excess across my waterline.  If needed, you can go back into Carbon and smudge it EXTREMELY close to your lower lash line this way a smokier and more defined appearance appears! Ohhh did I have a lash catastrophe!! Right in the middle of applying L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, I slipped, and cabooom, I had a huge black slash down my cheek.  Clean up was not an issue, it just added a bit of steam to my boiling pot, eye roll.  For falsies I applied KoKo Lashes Bella, and voilà was set for the evening! As always love you all, XOXXO, your Lilz. 
SaveSaveSaveSave