Thursday, September 8, 2016

Princess Pink Glittery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                             I believe this is the quickest, highest skill leveled makeup tutorial I have created yet! The best part is many of the products used have been on the market for quite some time, thus it's safe too say most of you beauties encompass the beauty products mentioned below.  What makes this tutorial high up in skill level, surpassing beginner and intermediate stance points? Simply said, while mimicking a soft cut crease WITHOUT the guide lines of concealer, one is sculpting their eye shape out with soft hues of baby pink and mauve and accenting their overall appearance with rosy colors, essentially everything done is free formed WITHOUT a book of rules to abide by. Do be noted although it took me a total time of 20 minutes and 35 seconds to complete this makeup look, for some it might be much longer in terms of duration.  I just happen to blend quickly, with that being said, DO NOT get discouraged, as long as you end up at the same spot as me, that's all that matters :).  Hope you loves enjoy, please stay tuned for the YouTube video tutorial along with TWO other promised videos, there has been quite a delay, apologies as always, XOXO!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 20 Minutes
Notes: Princess Pink, Glittery, Glowing Finish, Long Lasting, Melt Proof, Smokey Cut Crease

*Laura Mercier Luminous Foundation: Candleglow Soft, Ivory
 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 Pump of Primer
*Tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Pallet, Dollface

                 Makeup is NO JOKE! You must be aware of the type of products you're handling, HOW they were handled, WHERE they're produced, WHAT the ingredients are, and most importantly, WHERE/HOW to apply em'. Knowing the basics of blending foundation and what not is great, but when you reach the point of manipulation such as what I'll explain in a few seconds, you'll see a greater divide between beginner knowledge and professional quality skills! Primer is the basis for ALL makeup to come, so you must choose one of adequate qualities that tend to YOUR needs.  I myself have dry skin, and know I'll be working with a tough to blend out foundation-- naturally I went with the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Coconut Face Primer since it has build-able coverage and offers spot hydration! With exactly a pump of the primer plopped center of my right palm, I clenched my hands together this way a product transfer occurred, then went ahead and evenly disbursed the formula onto my skin beginning from the center of my face massaging out towards my hairline. The dewier your skin is, the easier applying creamy foundations becomes! Pumping out exactly ONE drop full of Laura Mercier's Luminous Candleglow Soft Foundation in my shade Ivory onto EACH ZONE of my face, one pump for each part, I picked up my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer and put 1/2 pumps of my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer onto the center of the buffer's bristles, then proceeded to softly blending the luminous foundation in with a series of circular and stippling motions. Here is manipulation my friends, primer fused with foundation twice over. This trick softens up the thick highly concentrated foundation, and forms a lighter covering YET BUILD-ABLE texture!

              Oooh! Did I make you blush? If not, now I shall, bring out your pinkest and girliest blush yet, it's go time, girl! I myself chose Dollface Amazonian Clay Blush by Tarte and with my Pro Small Blush and Contour Brush from the Sephora Collection lightly yet firmly gazed the product across my cheeks started from the apples moving up towards my hairline.  Please be aware the foundation will NEVER dry down, thus you must transform powders to creams! To do so, begin by stippling your blush on, then work from there it transforms any formula at hand, instantly.  Glow wise I wanted something demure yet noticeable! Switching brushes to an E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush, I swirled into the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, then patted the vegan product across the high points of my face with stippling motions.  As being one with sensitive skin, I know HOW ANNOYING completely unset skin can feel-- while mattifying down the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer AND enhancing the glow a bit more, I dusted Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Highlighting Powder across any areas Living Lum' originally hit with two main focus points on the bridge of my nose and the tops of my cheekbones. As far as the lips go, I applied Pink Paws Covergirl lipstick (aim for medium baby pink tones, nothing too rosy) in two light coatings across both my upper and lower lip areas, then moved right along to setting my skin. I brushed the Bare Mineral Mineral Veil powder under my eyes, and on the center of my forehead/chin using a #74 Sephora Collection brush, then sprayed on Mac's Fix+ to ensure set coverage yielded me all day long WITHOUT a powdery or oil slick like appearance!
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, Strawberry Milk
*Urban Decay Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Pallet: Bordello (lids); Backlash (lower lash line)
*Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet: Cashew Chew (transitional shade); Almond Truffle (crease definition); Bordeaux (crease outline/definition, lower lash line); Malted ("inner v"); Dark Truffle ("inner v"); Sprinkles (tear ducts)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn
             While an overwhelming amount of eye shadows were used, I felt the best way to approach something of this nature was to condense each color into ONE eyeshadow pallet, thus you beauties wouldn't have to search high and low for specifics! Before going into detail on the shadows, the smartest way to finish up the eye makeup in a time efficient manner is by getting tedious steps out of the way-- that includes defining your brows, and priming your eyelids.  I chose my typical Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn, and Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk, pencils are the BEST when you need on the spot color and pigment correction! Nooooowww we can discuss color ;). First up is Bordello from Urban Decay's Urban Spectrum Pallet! Bordello was patted across both my lids using a Mac 239 Shader Brush. I build up decent pigment on this shade, because it gave me a guideline as to where I wanted my "cut crease" smokey eye to take place. Speaking of the cut crease portion which truly is just a free form blending style WITHOUT sharp edges, I switched brushed to my Morphe M433 and swirled right into Cashew Chew from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eye Shadow Pallet! Using a series of side to side blends that followed an up and over pattern, sorta' like eyeliner in a way, I dusted the color 1 inch above my natural crease line and blended out towards my hairline.  Mimicking the SAME blending motions and holding onto the same fluffy blender, I began deepening the crease up in tone by brushing Almond Truffle underneath Cashew Chew with tiny circular blends.  As you aim for darker colors, your goals obviously become to MAINTAIN a certain amount of pigment, but to hold a blended effect, stick within the circular range if you're afraid to expend windshield wiper motions! 

                 Pausing for a quick second in time Backlash was smudged across my lower lash line followed by Sprinkles blended towards my tear ducts, this way I got the bulky Spectrum Pallet out of my working space! Moving back above I put the peddle to the metal and from the get go began creating drama by gently smudging Bordeaux onto the smokey cut crease line as an outliner, any excess was smudged across my lower lash line too form a contrast. The last two colors that'll concern you is a combination of Malted and Dark Truffle, these are the two deepest shades provided in the Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet, mashing them together forms a DARK brown toned plum!  As you might of guessed the dark brown toned plum was brushed ever so slightly under the cut crease line and dragged more-so towards the outer third of my lids too tie things up. Glitter is COMPLETELY optional, I just was in the mood for some PAZAZZ! Dipping Mac's 239 Shade Brush into the Bh Cosmetics Baby Pink Glitter, I firmly patted it across my entire lash line in three light layers, then took remaining product onto my lids-- no glitter glue was needed as I wanted a faint glittery appearance, not a full pigmented collection of particles.  A huge mistake people make when it comes to cut creases, although the final outcome in this tutorial was smokey enough to be classified a smokey eye, is making their eyeliner too angled, or too flat-- you must find a balance! I tend to flick out from the outer corner of my eyes and just work inwards from there, it never fails (Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper). Keeping up with the smoldering effect, I smudged Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across my waterline, coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal Paris's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara, thennnnn applied my favorite KoKo Lashes in Marilyn! Hope all of you enjoyed, kisses :*!