Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Glittering Purple Mermaid Halloween Makeup Tutorial | Drugstore and High End Brands

                  Vampires, genies, princesses, and mesmerizing mermaids, reckoned mainly as the classics of Halloween. Being I've already tackled the genie and princess portions of this widely celebrated holiday, today I've decided too morph into a mermaid! Typically many use netting's of sorts to replicate a scaled effect on one's face, but for me, I see a mermaid as a beautiful half women (or man), half sea creature, thus the scales only go on the tail, the face is the gem at heart. In reality this makeup look in particular is SUPER easy to complete, you just have to put your mind to it and allow all other factors in your life to vanish, and enable the relaxation factor of blending to seep in! Please DO stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial, I felt including it would make processes much easier and clear up confusion as I am aware some of you are visual learners as opposed to kinesthetic (learn by feeling/experience), scribble (learn by writing), and auditory learners (learn by sound). Anyhow, let's get into the full details, as always I hope all of you enjoy, and thank you for reading, XOXO!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 32 Minutes
Notes: Halloween, Vibrant, Cool and Warm Tones, VERY Glittery, Dramatic 
THREE PARTS: BASE, EYE MAKEUP, COLOR

1. White as base
2. Purple for depth
3. Black + Purple = shadows
4. Purple + Orange = vibrancy (magenta)
*Wet N' Wild Glitter Pallet, Mesmerizing Mermaid
Sticky bases / highlight;  E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush
*Mac Cosmetics Blush, Well Dressed

PART ONE
                Despite there being a heavy influence of thickly pigmented paint products, it tis' still a necessity to achieve a blank, or clear canvas prior to mermaidafiying your skin this way an immaculate complexion is achieved! I  personally opted in for first priming my skin with the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer, since this product promotes hydrated and healthy looking skin, as well as ensures one's makeup stays "in place" until removal is yielded. With that being said, squeezing a pump of the  product out onto the center of my palm, I smoothed my hands together, this way the product would transfer evenly to both hands, then proportionally disbursed the milky texture onto my face beginning from the center softly massaging out towards my hairline.  Drying time is NOT necessary, this primer absorbs quickly! Whenever I get into my creative modes, the last thing I want to worry about is measuring foundation and comparing it to nickels, pennies, and dimes-- instead, I smudged the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in my shade, Ivory, across all zones of my face (a few slashes on your cheeks, and on the center of your forehead/chin shall do), then with an Oval Brush (b handle) from the My Makeup Brush Set I went forth in blending the creamy foundation in with a series of wide circular and slight stippling motions!  Although most of my face is concealed by the paint products, I still felt, and feel, adding a bit of blush and a striking glow is worth your while. Using a tinier oval brush (d handle) I swirled into Well Dressed blush by Mac Cosmetics, then began blending it onto my cheeks starting from the apples stippling straight up towards my hairline! Glow wise, I truly was frugal and applied most of Urban Decays' Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Aura down the bridge of my nose to attract light center of my face. Please keep in mind the cheekbones and a bit of the chin are COVERED, thus there is no need to waste expensive product in such a mannerism.

PART TWO 
*Morphe Brushes Singular Eyeshadow Pan(s): Sassy (lid); Pretty in Pink ES57 (crease)
*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 3. Column 1 (center of lid); Row 3. Column 2 (inner v); Row 6. Column 6 (lower lash line); Row 1. Column 1 (inner v)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pans/ Foiled Shadows: Day Dreamer (tear ducts); Curfew (inner v)
*Violet Voss Cosmetics Glitter, Teresa
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 

               I probably WILL drive most of you crazy since I flip flop between steps, butttt if you read closely it kinda makes sense....no I am not trying to shed too much light on the situation...okay maybe a little. Once I was satisfied with the way my skin turned out, I transitioned smoothly into defining my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn! Going back to the concept of mermaids being absolutely beautiful, stick with brow arches that suit your face shape BEST, there is no right nor any wrong in your preference.  With such an abundance of eye shadows, you will need an eyeshadow primer! I went for Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk simply because this eyeliner pencil is heavy duty and will ensure your shadows remain pigmented throughout the night-- when blending the product in be sure to disburse up towards your brow bones and under your lower lash lines, these are areas often neglected, and frankly the most important. Blue probably pops into your head when you think of mermaids, but dearest of them all, when you're a purple mermaid, a light pinked purple tinging blue is the best way to go! Sadly, Morphe NO LONGER produces Sassy eyeshadow pan, but if I come across any known dupes I shall let all of you beauties know.  Anyhow, with my Mac 239 Eye Shader Brush, I firmly patted Sassy across both of my eyelids followed by Row 3. Coloum 1 from the Morphe 35U pallet brushed onto the centers of my lids, as well! To begin building up the crease I switched brushes to a Morphe E22, and shadows to Morphe's Pretty in Pink, then began softly blending the muted pink into my crease with side to side widely disbursed blends, this is the transitional shade, so don't stress adding too much pigment. 

         The right tools TRULY matter! It's impossible to create a halo formation without a fluffy blender, and a slim long haired blender.  Rather choosing the E22 once more, I swapped the brush out for an M433 as this brush in particular works well with tight spaces such as the inner v! Ooooh, speak of the devil, the inner v.  Swirling right into Row 3. Column 2, a beautiful deep blue, I gently smudged the enhancing color into the inner v of my eye socket with slight side to side and circular blending motions. Before setting my M433 down, I took care of my lower lash line by smudging Row 6. Column 6 across with two fluent streaks, THEN went back above to only saturate my bristles with a mixture of Curfew shadow by Makeup Geek, and Row 1. Column 1 from the 35 U pallet, which is a deep charcoaled black! Both colors as you might of guessed were taken into the inner v once more, but this time blended in with the concept at hand of yielded dramatic definition and dimension. Getting all shadows and glitters out of the way, concisely said, I smeared Day Dreamer Foiled Eyeshadow by MUG onto the inner corners of my eyes, better known as the tear ducts to some, then with a Mac 239 patted Teresa Glitter by Violet Voss FIRMLY onto the center of my lids! By this point I actually STOPPED in the tutorial and picked up on the face makeup, but for the sake of patience I shall finish up the final four (4) steps.  After applying a considerable amount of Violet Voss's Teresa, I moved along to lining my upper lash line with Stila's Waterproof Stay All Day Liner in Black, as well as lining my waterline with Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder-- your usage of black is extremely important since it'll help make your eyes REALLY POP against all the bruiting shades! As far as the lashes go, I coated my natural follicles with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Mascara, emphasizing on the lower lashes mainly, then applied Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Scarlett for a dramatic and sensual effect.

PART THREE
                     Many of you would think Wet N' Wild's new Halloween collection would be utter garbage, but that my friends is where you'd be wrong! In general Wet N' Wild Beauty produces stellar products for amazingly affordable prices, thus I was expected the "Fantasy Makers" collection to be of professional quality. No, this IS NOT one of those classic Lillee scenarios where I fall in love with a product then slowly dislike it, instead it is a scenario where I'm taken back by the pigment, and splendidly surprised by the overall product execution! Enough of my hero worship-- if you take a peak at the products list, you'll find for the painter's pallet and glittering gels in specific I listed out there purposes and HOW to use em' properly for those wanting "on the go" knowledge. With alllll that being said, dipping handle d into the white paint provided in Wet N' Wild's Egyptian Queen Painter's Pallet, I began firmly stippling the pure color onto any zones you'd TYPICALLY contour, basically around the forehead and slightly fading out onto the cheekbones, this gives a guide as to where the others shades shall go. Smudging into the purple then back once into the white, I started packing on the light lavender hue to yield depth and a sense of color! When you have four shades out in front of you, mixing becomes second nature, so do excuse me if I am
going too fast. After disbursing out a satisfactory amount of purple, I changed the tone a bit and added vibrancy to the overall skin effect by mixing in a bit of orange. The orange and purple forms a BRIGHT magenta, in which should be used scarcely, I pricked the orange and purple mixture gently against my skin, then mixed in a bit of black and proceeded to shadowing the outer parts of my forehead! Once again, in the actual tutorial I saved the chest coloring for the ending portions of my video, that doesn't mean, however, you must do the same.  In fact, it would of been smarter of me to take care of my chest during the base stage since all the techniques used for my face, were taken down below!

                            Rather reminiscing in the past, let's move forward. Oh, glitter seems to be in your future, would ya' look at that! Glitter bases are just as important as the actual glitter itself, since those bad boys ensure your glitter stays in place, and continues shimmering on for the time being. I myself went with a mixture of Wet N' Wild's Glitter Pallet in Mesmerizing Mermaid, and Wet N' Wild's Glitter Gel! The Glitter Pallet was used to achieve a tacky base, in reality all I did was pat the pink pressed gel onto my cheekbones, then with an E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush created an even ratio of Glitter Gel: Bh Cosmetics Silver Glitter and happily pricked the reflective particles against the upper c of my face with fluent stippling motions. BEFORE overloading my face with glitter, I took care of my lips by applying ColourPop's Wifey with a touch of Lilac Flush by Maybelline towards the center, annnnnd went to sprinkle heaven by loading up my face and chest with pounds of shimmer, don't forget applying a bit of glitter onto the center of your lips! We have FINALLY reached the end, how does it feel? With a look of this extent, NEVER forget spritzing on a setting spray, heavy duty or not, it'll come in handy to prevent shifting throughout the day.  I went with Mac's Fix+ just because it's gentle on my skin and has proven it's worth throughout the months! Hope you loves enjoyed, click THIS LINK to be redirected to my Pricness Ariel/ The Little Mermaid tutorial; kisses, XOXO, your Lilz.
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave