Monday, September 5, 2016

Glamorous Earthy Green Glittery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

              Ahh Labor Day weekend, one of the busiest holidays of the season, primarily because more people are outdoors rather inside, thus sneaking a few texts and Instagram likes in are out of the question! In leu of this, I must admit, I took it as an advantage point for a few days resting as what many of you are unaware of, I have a bit of a cold that's been brewing for a week now.  Fortunately symptoms are fading, so your top love bunnie Lilz shall be in full gear this week to come! For today however I put together an eye catching earthy green smokey eye with hints of vibrancy and notes of seductiveness. Whenever you're working with smokey eyes, ALWAYS keep in mind blending is your best friend, and ironically so is packing up the pigment! Especially if you're a beginner and would love enduring this tutorial, take your time and work with layers, it'll serve you well!  In advance I would like to tell you cuties many products exhibited were Too Faced based, or Urban Decay-- these two brands contain many dupes cheaper brands produce, so if I happen to know of one it shall be listed below coherently with the following paragraphs. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 24 Minutes
Notes: Earthy, Sultry, Glamorous, Glowing Finish, Long Lasting, Hydrating, Melt Proof

 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 1/2 Pumps of Primer
*Too Faced Le Grand Palais: Skyline, Flush

                 Whenever you're running low on your foundation, try creating a higher concentration of primer potion to the formula at hand this way it'll create a workable yet sheer coveraged texture easy to build up! I myself had this issue early in the morning and compensated by taking exactly one and a half pumps of primer, Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and as much of the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation as I could salvage on the back of my hand, as an estimate 3/4's of a quarter sized amount plopped out. There is no need for mixing the two substances together because as you pick up product the bristles of your brush, or pores of your sponge, will gradually move things together! Speaking of bristles and blending, once I had my desired ratio set, I picked up Morphe M439 Delxue Buffer and began softly swirling the mixture across all zones of my face beginning from areas needing the most coverage such as my forehead and sheering out towards the sides of my nose with slight stipples. I personally prefer dewy foundation that never dries down, so as you mighta' guessed I moved straight along too the blushing process after I achieved well off coverage! 

                  To my knowledge Too Faced STILL sells their Le Grand Palais pallet, but in limited quantities.  With that being said, two dupes to the products I used are as follows: Mac's Well Dressed (cooler, lighter), Tarte's Dollface (darker in tone), and Becca's Moonstone glowing wise although Moonstone is a bit darker, information is courtesy of Temptalia's review and swatch base. Anyhow, Skyline was swirled across my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline using a Sephora Collection #74 brush, and Flush which is apart of the larger Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo, was smudged in layers across all high points of my face with main focuses on the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones, all was completed with my Mac Duo-Fibre 159 Brush! I must say choosing a lipstick was QUITE the ordeal as I was unsure whether to lean bright orange, or deep purple.  Luckily I was satisfied with Urban Decay's Vice Lipstick in Uptight, it really pulled the final look together :)! Once I had my eye makeup fully completed I went ahead and dusted Besame's Brightening Vanilla Face Powder across all highlighting zone of my face with E.L.F. Cosmetics' Studio Stipple Brush-- the long hairs make for quick application.  The finishing step includes a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to ensure all makeup would stand still throughout the night without budging one bit!
Morphe G11 Brush 
*Urban Decay Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Pallet: Protest (lid); Junkie (lower lash line)
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow (Pro Pallet Refill Pan): Sour Lemon (transitional shade), Bottle Green (crease, lower lash line)
*Glitter Injections Glitter, Mermaid Lips (tear ducts)
*Colourpop Creme Gel Liner, Teaspoon
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn

            One tutorial, finally with less than 10 eye shadows used, what a relief, haha! Just as always the first step was to define my brows using Anastasia's Dipbrow Pomade in Auburn with Morphe's G11 eyeliner brush.  For those curious, yes the eyebrow breakouts have gone away since I've discontinued usage of the ABH Brow Definer, glad I opened my eyes about that one, no pun intended! No primer was needed since each eyeshadow is EXTREMELY pigmented on it's own. Alrighty, shadow's here we come!! Dipping into Protest shadow from Urban Decay's Urban Spectrum Eyeshadow Pallet with my Mac 239 brush, I proceeded to softly brushing the olive like green across my lids with firm patting motions. Being this is just the beginning stages, I wasn't too concerned with building up pigment, in fact I went right along to switching brushes to a Morphe E22, and shadows to Sour Lemon by Mac Cosmetics! This vibrant yellow toned green was taken into my crease as a transitional hue with side to side blending motions, don't fear the color, just continue building up until you achieve a pigmented effect, you shall see with the crease shade coming up all will disburse out evenly. Bottle Green is a tricky shade to manipulate because you don't want drastic drama from the get go, the idea is to build up as you go thus creating the illusion of TWO deep greens being used, when in reality only one was applied! A simple way to achieve this illusion without maximum effort is by using a fluffy blender such as Morphe's M433, and LIGHTLY tapping into the product until the bristles are fully saturated, then going ahead and softly working it into your crease with small circular blends.  A quick trick is blending from your crease too your lower lash line, this'll help along the building up process! 

               Since we've already moved downtown, don't be shy on smudging a buttload of Bottle Green across your lower lash line, this'll only form more depth and dimension. Although the shadows used are primarily in the mildew spectrum, I did add a pop of teal by blending Junkie shadow on my lower lash line close to the tear ducts, though not completely visible, it makes a difference in the final outcome! It's highly upsetting that Glitter Injections no longer makes Mermaid Lips pressed glitter, but I did provide a link to their last standing gel and loose pigment selection.  The shade was popped right onto the tear ducts of my eye for a bit of mermaid magic ;)! As far as eyeliner goes I lined my upper lash line and waterline using ColourPop's Creme Gel Liner in Teaspoon, then going back into Bottle Green with my Mac 239 Brush smudged it close to my upper lash line this way a darker and smokier effect was yielded. Lash wise I coated my natural follicles with L'Oreal's Feline Noir Waterproof Mascara, then topped everything off with KoKo Lashes in Marilyn! I hope you love bunnies enjoyed, XOXOX your Lilz. 
SaveSave