Thursday, September 1, 2016

Eye Widening Cool Toned Lilac Pastel Glittery Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial

                         Aside from all the dramatic makeup tutorials I have been posting, here is one exuding a different message, one of softer intent!  Your Lilz can be an Ice Queen, a Fire Queen, as well as a soft and sweet cotton candy lady who takes no poo poo from any man! Okay, I slightly was on a streak there, oops, hehe.  Anyhow, happy September love bunnies! With a new month comes a few assured reviews and a bit of eccentric makeup looks correlating with the warm tones Autumn brings.  Pausing here for a second, not ALL my tutorials shall be bronzy, coppery, nor orange toned! You gotta' live a little. Hence, why today I took a huge break from darker and intensive hues and switched, completely, to the other side of the spectrum! Pastel's are such lovely colors.  When paired correctly with certain skin tones this spectrum can yield eye widening and face brightening effects, just view the cover photo presented below! Let's get into the details, I hope you loves enjoy-- PLEASE stay tuned for the YouTube upload, this shall be done at a later date tomorrow night, XOXO.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 27 Minutes
Notes: Glittery, Pastel Color Scheme, High GLITTERY Glowing Finish

 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 Pump of Primer, 1 1/2 Pumps of Foundation

                 As many of you know skin care is my number one priority, but so is my sanity, no pun intended! Rather spending 6 minutes rigorously washing my face to only have it dirtied up and my pores clogged by makeup, I opted in for an alternative method which essentially includes using a hydrating and refreshing priming base, this way my skin LOOKS refreshed and FEELS refreshed.  My pick? The Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! While it sounds great skipping skin care and jumping right into the tutorial, do be noted the one pump of priming potion disbursed evenly across all zones of my face (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, hairline) was left to set for 3 minutes before I visibly saw it sinking into my pores and acting as a primer should, a barrier.  For foundation I chose the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in my shade 117 Marble, and using exactly one and a half pumps of product placed on the back of my hand (1 1/2 pumps), I picked up the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush and started evenly coating my skin beginning from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead with slight stipples, then counter clockwise twice to my chin with large circular motions, this method was continued until I received a desirable coverage. As far as blush goes I wanted something VERY subtle, yet complaint with the pastel concept at hand, SOOOO, I went with Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal! Taking my E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush, I pricked gently into the product then proceeded to softly bouncing the rosy hue across the apples of my cheeks blending up towards my hairline!


              As a pre-warning you MIGHT not fancy the glow achieved as it is VERY shimmery, but c'est la vie. Kicking things off with Cover Fx's Enhance Click Illuminator, I smudged Bubbly firmly across all high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, Cupid's bow), then using my ring finger softly blended the product in with downward strokes! This was set using Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Aura with Mac's Duo-Fibre 159 Brush-- Aura has pink and redish shifts, it's quite the contrast with the feminine purple shadow, which is why I chose it. Lippie wise I coated my lips using Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick in Georgie Girl, then glossed em' over with Saint Germain Mac Cosmetics Lipglass! Try to stick within the range of cool toned pinks and light lilac glosses, anything deeper in tone will distract away from the eyes and defeat the purpose of an eye widening effect. Setting wise I really was aiming to clear up any visible blemishes or noticeable dark circles, so I firmly patted my Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory across all highlighting zones of my face (mainly under eye area) using a DRY Beauty Blender Pro. In my personal studies, when the Beauty Blender is wet, my powder application looks caked and rather disgusting, do what works best for you, not all professional tips work! To really seal the deal I spritz on Mac's Fix+ and was ready to slay the world ;).
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pan, Silly (transitional shade)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Shore Thing (cut crease toner); Carnival (cut crease definition) 
*Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Pan(s): Porcelain ES40 (cut crease divider); Breakfast At Tiffaneez (cut crease toner); Marry Her (lower lash line)
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Singles, Touch of Lilac (lid, inner corners)
*Colourpop Gel Eyeliner, Cry Baby Liner
*Violet Voss Glitter, Pixie Pink Glitter
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn
                In all of your defenses, the product list is quite lengthy, thus making it a bit on the confusing side! Hopefully this experience can be pain free and EXTREMELY understandable as I will be a bit more descriptive and concise than usual. First off, taking care of my brows as a primary step was probably the smartest idea I have had yet-- if you view my blog post from last night you'd see I did EVERYTHING backwards! Essentially, using my Morphe G11 brush I quickly defined my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in my shade Auburn, then moved along to cleaning up WHILE priming by smudging Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk right across both my lids, and proceeding too blending the product up towards my brow bones using a cleaned ring finger and smudging excess across my lower lash line.  When working with pastels, you want a SMOOTH canvas! Now it tis' shadow time.  Swirling into Silly shadow pan by Mac Cosmetics with my Morphe M433 Blender, I softly brushed the mid toned blue pink 1 1/2 inches ABOVE my natural crease line and blended the hue in a wing shaped manner (a hump extending upwards)! Being I had all my pallets out, this made for easy and quick blending application since I could easily switch between colors instantly.  With that being the case using the same M433 I dipped into mixture of Breakfast At Tiffaneez by Morphe Brushes and Shore Thing by Makeup Geek and concentrated the teal like blue towards the inner third of my cut crease line with very slight side to side blends, this acts as a toner as it softens Silly up! Taking a tad of Carnival shadow I smudged the shade UNDER my cut crease line as a definition creator, and focused the hue towards the outer third this way a depth of blue-purple is visibly seen. 
                        Check point, almost done loves! Before moving ANY further, I took my Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush and smudging a hefty amount of Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics across the quant bristles, I firmly stroked the pigmented product UNDER my cut crease line as a divider, this will give the glitter to come a nice base to stick too. Speaking of glitter, using that exact #12 brush, I created a ratio between Violet Voss's Pixie Pink Glitter and the Bh Cosmetics Platinum Glitter in a tiny cap, then began firmly PUSHING the product mixture onto the white dividing line, don't be shy on building up pigment! I happen to be a messy worker, so to clean up fly-aways I took my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, swirled into Porcelain shadow and just lightly dusted it across my cut crease line, this brushed away A TON of fallout and yielded a clean space for Touch of Lilac to be applied too (on my lids and inner corners patted on using a Mac 239 Shader Brush). With an upper lash line, comes a lower lash line, before you groan be noted the work ahead is much simpler than the work presented above! I began by first smudging Marry Her shadow by Moprhe Brushes across my lower lash line, then filling in my waterline using Cry Baby Liner by Colourpop.  Unfortunately some products being explained are either sold out, or were discontinued recently, I will try listing dupes if I find any on my Instagram page! Using a pea-sized squeezed amount of Melted Villain Melted Liquid Lipstick by Too Faced, I picked up my Morphe G11 and created a medium thick, rather straight, winged line across my upper lash with tiny flicks towards the outer corners, then using Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper filled in any gaps and formed a gradience between the deep purple lipstick and carbon black liner. Lash wise I coated my natural follicles using the L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Feline Noir Waterproof Mascara, then applied my FAVORITE falsies, KoKo Lashes in Marilyn! Hope you cuties enjoyed this tutorial as much as I enjoyed typing it with love, XOXO, your Lilz :).
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave