Friday, September 16, 2016

Eye Catching Vibrant Pink and Orange Sunset Makeup Tutorial

                           After a certain point, viewing makeup looks of identical appearances becomes rather boring, and quite irritating especially if you're craving some sort of inspiration! While I acknowledge the fact many of you beauties are seasonal when it comes to tutorial trends, I personally am not.  I create looks based on my feeling, and based off of what surrounds me.  For example, today I was in a chipper mood, thus the vibrancy of colors.  A few days ago, however, with my Glamorous Matte & Metallic Smokey Eye, I was highly influenced by the changing of weather, specifically from the aspects of variating leaf colors and brisk air temperatures!  Going off of the same topic of WEATHER conditions...secretly said, sunsets are NOT only for Summer, my friends.  Hope all of you enjoy, XOXO, your Lilz.
Time to Complete This Tutorial: 25 Minutes
Notes: Eye Catching, Vibrant, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 Pump of Primer
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick, Madison
                 Ever hear a beauty blogger say, "it's fine to layer on the powder during the Winter"? If so, please disregard this statement...COMPLETELY. A season should never justify the amount of product you use, preference and overall knowledge of both makeup and your skin itself should influence the amount used in a single sitting! It always has made me cringe hearing false information of that extreme being spread out amongst 100,000+ beauty lovers on the daily. Anyhow, since my skin craved a bit of hydration, and I desired a wearable feel foundation wise, I mixed my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer with Tarte's Water Foundation in the shade Fair Light Neutral in a quant quarter sized amount onto the back of my hand, then with my Morphe M439 went to blending heaven-- large circular motions were used for the majority of my face, with stipples leading behind for areas containing dry patches or slight redness.  Not only is this power duo PERFECT for people wanting quick glam on a specific time frame, it enables the user to control the amount of coverage they want whether it be sheer, or full! Orange blush is NOT everyone's favorite, but it does hold a special place in my heart.  With that being said, using the same M439 brush as used priorly, I stippled gently into Nyx's Cream Blush in Orange, then went ahead and patted the color across my cheeks beginning from the apples pricking up towards my hairline.  Don't fear the color, allow the color to embrace who you are!


             I'm one of those "one brush, full face" sorta' people. Especially if you have handy a dense bristled brush such as the infamous M439 Deluxe Buffer, it can double as a highlighter diffuser, foundation applicator, and EVEN a setting powder deluxe brush! Being we've already applied foundation, and blush, all that's left is the glow, lips, and setting.  First off, orange blush can pose as an issue in the terms of, "what glow do I wear?" Yes, it can be confusing, but a sure pick is anything peachy in tone such as Bubbly by Cover Fx paired with the Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder highlighter in Grace for a lightened effect.  Both gleaming colors were gazed upon the high points of my face, with two (2) major emphasizes on the bridge of my nose and my cheekbones! The lip color truly steals the show, I personally believe no otha' shade then Madison by ABH could tie this look together better than Madi did. I actually had a bit of redness under my eyes from eyeshadow fallout, so rather a typical setting powder, I used my Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in the shade 1 Warm Ivory and firmly patted the warm powder across all highlighting zones of my face using a dampened Beauty Blender Pro! This trick helps keep the makeup in place, but yields a natural finish.  For my powder foundation beauties- sure to use a setting spray, this'll rejuvenate your complexion and remove powdery finishes! My pick? Mac Fix+, since in my studies it makes my makeup last the longest, and look the best.

*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): 
Poppy (lid, crease); In the Spotlight (inner corners); Curfew (crease)
*Morphe Brushes Standard Individual Eye Shadow Pan(s): 
Brick (crease); Rosewood (inner v)
 Paradisco (lower lash line); Sketch (inner v)
*ABH Creme Colors, Coral Reef 
*KoKo Lashes, Bella
             Color is often times looked over, or dreaded in full! This doesn't have to be that way, however, in fact color can be easier to blend out then actual neutrals, hear me out. Before doing anything, brows are an absolute MUST! A little definition here, a little defining there.  That's all you need. In retrospect to the common thought brows should be very "natural" nowadays, brows should define your face and accent your features...and of course look groomed! For vibrant makeup looks, everything is noticeable, even an out of place brow hair.  Be sure to have your tiny mustaches above your eyes prim and proper! I have a habit of brushing foundation across my eyelids during the face stage, thus primer is typically never needed-- if you have oily eyelids, or need extra coverage, be my guest on applying primer :). Now onto the actual shadows we go! Swirling heavily into Poppy by Makeup Geek Cosmetics using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I swished the shade across my lids up into my crease with fluent side to side blending motions, this shall act as a base color and transitional shade of sorts.  Switching brushes to a more defining M433 by Morphe, I grabbed Brick, which is a soft red also by the brand Morphe Brushes, and smudged the color into my crease using slight circular blends-- Brick was followed by Curfew, as Curfew purple's up the eyeshadow spectrum and forms that "sunset" appearance. I promise you, this is the last brush switch! Going into Rosewood with Sephora's #27 blending brush, I quickly outlined the inner v of my eye socket with short side to side blends, tracing the natural creasing my eyeball yields. Rosewood, although more magenta in tone is actually deeper than Curfew-- don't get the two confused! Speaking of depth, for a bit of extra dimension, I swept Sketch by Mac Cosmetics into my inner V as a finalizing definition color. 


                Lower lash lines from the beginning of time have been a staple dolling up site for women! From exotic eyeliner styles, to everyday pops of color, let's face it, what would we do without this important part of our body? Alright, please don't answer that. Totally was a Lillee moment, opps! With my pinky finger I applied Paradisco across my lower lash line with a pop of In the Spotlight shadow towards my tear ducts.  These peachy hues, JUST like with the orange blush mentioned earlier, bring out the magenta tones beautifully! Eyeliner is a key concept in the eye makeup presented here today.  Although you might not see much of Coral Reef by Anastasia Beverly Hills when my eyes are opened, closed, the magic begins! The idea is to have an ACCENTING color, not definite pigment.  How does one achieve this? Simply said, add a bit of facial oil to your creme color, then using an eyeliner brush, OR the back of a brush, line away.  You COULD apply excess to your waterline, but I wanted to emphasize a sultry aspect the overall look brings, so I smudged Demolition Glide-On Eye Pencil by Urban Decay riiiight across my waterlines! For full and voluminous lashes I coated my natural follicles with L'Oreal's Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then applied Bella falsies by KoKo lashes-- make sure you choose FULL lashes, nothing wispy, and nothing that screams "everyday".

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave