Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Enchanted Princess Giselle Inspired Halloween Makeup Tutorial

                          Enchanted the movie, taking the mold much of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as well as the classic stories of Cinderella and Princess Ariel with the Little Mermaid, happens to be one of my ALL TIME favorite princess inspired movies produced by Walt Disney! Call me cliche, but the perfect true love's scenario is a concept I live for...what can I said, I'm pretty much a romantic. Giselle, portrayed by Amy Adams, is of classic Disney princess structure with a delicate heart like face, paired with huge eyes, and she has fairy like clothing too boot! Though it would of been ideal having her purple flowers and flowing dress, things just didn't work out this way for me.  Instead, I created my own makeshift dress, and flowers out of old clothing! Cosplay can be ANYTHING you want it to be, especially Halloween inspired ideas, hence why I took my own spin on the Enchanted protagonist.  Do be noted this is the LAST all pink makeup look I will be posted for this, and next week! I realize an over posting of one shade can become boring some-- fear not...green awaits. Hope you love bunnies enjoy, XOXO!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 24 Minutes Total
Notes: Glowy Skin, Everyday Appropriate, Beginner Friendly , Halloween, Long-Lasting

Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) Pump of Primer
*Mac Powder Blush, Well Dressed
               There is nothing more dreadful then waking up with reddened skin.  A princess cannot be seen in such a way! With that being said, prior to apply any makeup, primer included, I took the liberty of cleansing my skin using a mild cleanser (Cetaphil Skin Cleanser).  Mild cleansers tend to even out a variety of skin conditions without the harsh chemicals, just as a reference point, my loves! Once I had thoroughly washed away dead skin and soothed my epidermis layer, I set my skin using a lightweight moisturizerspecifically the BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream, since this bad boy absorbs within minutes. Like any Disney Princess, Giselle has a clear complexion! To yield a similar, almost natural clear radiance, I paired my Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in my shade Ivory-- stick foundations blend more naturally as opposed to liquids, and can provide optimal coverage if used correctly without a cakey effect left behind. Beginning with exactly ONE PUMP of primer squirted center of my right palm, I smoothed my hands together this way product transfer would occur, then began massaging the milky substance across all zones of my face starting from the center, by my nose, extending out towards my hairline for even coverage and wear time! Picking up my ABH Skin Stick, I smudged tiny hearts across the 4 planes of my face, then with my Morphe M439 began softly buffing the perfectly matching shade into my skin with a variety of wide circular motions and slight stipples.

                     Natural, does not mean rosy red cheeks! Natural, also does not correlate to a peachy or nude toned blush. In the world of princesses, the goal is to look inviting, hence a subtle immaculate pink such as Mac's Powder Blush in Well Dressed shall do! I prefer swirling heavily into the product with a rounded blender, Sephora's #74, tapping off excess on the side of the compact, then going ahead and applying the sheer yet visible blush onto the apples of my cheeks blended up towards my hairline with dainty swishes. As far as glowing goes, to maintain a pink spectrum, I applied Benefit's High Beam onto the high points of my face, blended the shimmering champagne in with my ring finger, then topped over the glow with a few light coatings of Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated using my Mac 159 Duo-Fibre brush :). Choosing the perfect lip shade was quite difficult, because it mustn't be too peachy, nor too pastel! Maybelline's Color Sensational in Blushing Bud PERFECTLY matches Giselle's lipstick color...it only took 4 tries. For my Halloween beauties, I highly suggest applying a setting powder, AND a setting spray! Although this is the least dramatic of Halloween tutorials, better safe than sorry, besides the fact firmly packing on setting powder directly under the eyes creates an uplifted effect and can aid "larger eyes".  I personally applied Mac's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing powder across my T-Zone and under eye area, mainly, with a Beauty Blender Pro, then applied Mac's Fix+! IF you follow through with these two products, I can promise you 6 hours of long wearing finishes.

*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan, Pink Venus (inner corners)
*Stila Eyes Are the Window Shadow Pallet: Spirit -- Jezebel (crease); Barefoot (inner v); Pigalle (lower lash line)
*Makeup Geek Gel Liner, Immortal
Morphe G11 Brush 

            Now this, is the type of eye makeup I dig! Quick, yet elegant. Before applying any eyeshadow, I quickly spruced up my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in my shade Auburn using a Morphe G11 brush! Personally, define your brows the way you fancy em'.  This is where I draw a fine line between mimicking a character completely, and just dressing up, for fun! Eye primer is suggested only for those intending more than 2 hours wear time, being while applying foundation, I ALWAYS brush over my lids, primer truly is not needed. The first color applied to my lids is Benefit's Dandelion Blush! Though finding a mellow pink eyeshadow, probably would of been easier as blushes require pigment build up...I wasn't thinking in the moment...cut me some slack, love bunnies. Using a Morphe E22, I softly disbursed the color across my lids up into my crease with a series of side to side motions! For a bit of definition, I smoked out the shade Jezebel into the creasing of my eye socket with a defining M433 Morphe Brush, followed by Barefoot for a shade darker of pigment. When it comes to the crease, especially areas such as the inner v, I prefer following the natural creasing my eye socket makes when my eyes are wide open, sorta like the first, and third image on my eyeball collage pictured to the left of this paragraph.  Before setting my Stila Eyes Are the Window Shadow Pallet down, I swiftly smudged Pigalle across my lower lash line, and buffed Pink Venus by Mac Cosmetics onto the inner thirds of my eyes, leaning more so towards the tear ducts! Dazzling finishes, anyone?

                  Typically my eyeliner stems DIRECTLY from the outer corners of my eyes shooting up towards the tail end of my brows, today however, I made sure the flicks created with Makeup Geek's Gel Liner in Immortal were upturned, this way a softer appeal was formed! In all honesty, for as long as your flicks are at 60 degree angles, all should fall into place. Speaking of softer appeals, I kept my waterline a dark brown (Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil, Demolition), rather the shade of Immortal, to continue that soft and approachable vibe. Obviously, using a black is TOTALLY up too you, but I just feel it adds to Giselle's witty personality! For the lashes I coated my natural folicles with L'Oreal Paris's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then went forth in applying Ardell's Wispies in Black.  Wispies are a popular drugstore false lash product, so many of you know the band inside and out! Instead of applying them as directed, low volume to high volume, I reversed the lashes and made the highest volume towards the inner thirds of my eyes with the least volume towards the outer parts of my eyes. This forms an eye awakening effect, and in my opinion holds the lashes on MUCH better as opposed to trickily placing a tiny band close to your lash line! Stay tuned, vibrancy awaits cuties.