Monday, September 12, 2016

Dramatic Deep Navy & Glittery Pink Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                      The day after 9/11 is JUST as important and impactful as the exact horror date in history.  To pay my own respects to those who saved countless lives, and lost theirs as well, I withheld this tutorial a few days, though I don't believe you love bunnies mind! Creating the same sort of makeup looks can become quite boring, vibrant or not. Instead of another color theme, such as what I've been doing with all green, all blue, ect. tutorials, today I have in store a dramatic deep navy smokey eye with pops of glittery lilac, purple, pink, and sapphire blue! Not only does a look of this nature stand out during the night hours, if worn correctly and modeled elegantly it could pass for a wedding look, for those daring enough, that is.  Between you and I, it's been a few days coming for me to use the Bare Mineral Gen Nude Liquid Lipstick in Smooch, a mini review will be weaved in to the following paragraphs below! Enjoy as always, and thank you for reading, kisses XOXO. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 13 Minutes Face Makeup; 14 Minutes Eye Makeup; 27 Total
Notes: Unique Glowy Skin, Classic Smokey Eye, Glittery, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Dramatic

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One (1) BEAKER Full of Foundation; One (1) Pump of Primer
               The only thing I ask of you beauties before applying any makeup, primer included, is to splash water against your skin of different temperatures for AT LEAST 2 minutes! This method opens the pores up, de-clogges em', and makes one's skin look extremely refreshed and supple enough too skip any rigorous skin care methods. Speaking of primer, for today I wanted a quick and easy face routine, so I created a combination of my Marc Jacobs Coconut Face Primer (1 pump), with 1 beaker full of Tarte's Water Foundation SPF 15 in my shade Fair Light Neutral, and positioned both products on the center of my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Bristles. As you blend the product out, you shall see a prior blending together is unnecessary because once the bristles brush against your skin, the two products already are being mixed!  I personally prefer using wide circular motions in clock wise mannerisms fixed with tiny stipples for areas needing extra coverage, and extra care ;).  Keep in mind dewy foundations tend to NEVER set and always remain shiftable, if you desire a matte finish by this point I'd suggest powdering your face, OR continue to the next step and allow the blusher to mattify down some areas! As far as a natural yet visible flush goes, I opted in for Candy Glow by Too Facedand dusted the shimmering baked powder blush across my cheeks beginning from the apples swirling up towards my hairline using a Sephora Collection #74 Pro Small Blush and Contour Brush!

               Oddly, I have never used Aura by Urban Decay in quantity, in terms of layers on the skin, so I was rather shocked on the pink shift yielded after application! Prior to applying Aura however, I smudged Bubbly Enhance Click Illuminator by Cover Fix across all high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of chin and forehead), blended the product in using a Beauty Blender Pro, then went ahead and PATTED Aura Shimmering Powder by Urban Decay onto my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose using the slimmer side of the BBP-- I prefer a highly pigmented finish with visible shimmer, thus why I PATTED, rather blended. In all honesty, I was expecting the Bare Minerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor to be matte...not silky and movable on the lips. It's a cross between Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream and Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lip Color, both products have movable textures but maintain a decent staying power! Anyhow, I applied Smooch onto my lips with TWO COATINGS, then set my skin by patting the Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory under all highlighting zones of my face (mainly under my eyes, and on the sides of my nose), and spraying on a decent amount of Mac's Fix+ to ensure my skin would remain in place until I removed it later in the day.

*Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow PalletMetamorphosis (lower lash line); Bandersnatch (lid, crease, lower lash line); Royal Flush (inner corners); Time (inner V)
*Makeup Geek Gel Liner, Immortal
*Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow, Blew
*Glitter Injections, Babrie (any pink shifting blue glitter shall do)
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
          Dark smokey eyes, although needing the most expertise, in reality are the simplest eye makeup look to cook up simply because all you need is a total of three shadows and the rest follows behind! Just as always I began by defining my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in my shade Auburn with a Morphe G11 brush, then I transitioned into prepping my LIDS with Nyx's Black Eyeshadow Base too intensify the deep navy hues to come. Speaking of deep navy hues, the first color up is Bandersnatch from Urban Decay's Alice Through the Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet! I personally did NOT want a ton of brushes surrounding me especially with such a need of concentration and myself being easily irked, instead I worked around two blenders, the Morphe M433 for definition and all over color, and the Morphe E22 for disbursed blending effects. With that being said, Banderstach was evenly blended across my lids using the M433 brush-- smokey eyes in general are quick, so please DO NOT get overwhelmed. I switched brushes to a E22 and softly blended the deep matte color up towards my crease and down under my lower lash line with fluent motions in this EXACT order: side, circular up, circular down, smudging side to side. For a bit of extra dimension I swapped colors, and with Time, a shimmering deep navy hue, I very gently smudged the shade throughout the inner v of my eye socket with slight side and curved blending motions! Before setting the pallet down I quickly dusted Metamorphosis across my lower lash line this way a tonal effect occurred, then with my pinky finger popped 'Royal Flush' right onto the tear ducts of my eye, better known as the inner corners, for lack of better terms.

             Liner wise I went ahead and defined my upper lash line with Makeup Geek's Gel Liner in Immortal using that same G11 as used prior, then with a bit of Blew Cream Shadow by Morphe flicked it RIGHT UNDER Immortal's winged liner flick-- when you close your eyes the metallic cream looks stunning! I have a feeling Glitter Injections might of discontinued their 'Barbie' pressed glitter, fear not ANY pink with a shifting blue finish shall do.  Barbie was applied towards the inner third of my lid, pigment packing up is NOT optional, you want this bad boy to be visible! With such a dramatic makeup look, you must have dramatic lashes handy.  Rather applying lower lash line falsies, which HURT removing, I coated my natural lashes with L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara, then moved on and applied Huda Beauty's Classic False Eyelashes in Scarlett! As always, stay tuned I have a few other tutorials AND REVIEWS in the can just waiting to be posted, love you all XOXOX, your Lilz. 
SaveSave