Thursday, August 11, 2016

Transition Into Autumn: Vibrant Mulberry & Muted Citrus Makeup Tutorial

                          Vibrancy is typically shunned upon during the cooler months, though I never quite understood why! Many go for the warmer copper tones, and cooler taupe's, however, for the forgotten spectrum of hues, there are many ways to rock considerably vibrant shades, you just have to ensure the TYPE of undertone you choose leans warm to accent the month correctly, and to have a rather smokey eye style wise.  Below is my take on a transitioning makeup tutorial falling into the category late Summer, early Fall! If you take a closer look you shall see the colors used are rather muted and dark, yet still hold an electric vibe.  For example, too resemble the factor of leaves changing I opted in for a mustard like yellow and mildew like green, though some might argue a bright pink is STILL present, I say this can correlate to the sunset yielded during those later dates ;)! Be sure to have a few blending brushes handy along with clean tools in general, lots of buffing, blending, swirling, and even smudging will take place today. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 32 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Eye Makeup Takes 12 Minutes, Natural Dewy Finish, Unique Color Scheme 

*MAC X Chris Chang Cream Colour Base, Peony Pavilion

                         This makeup tutorial definitely will take one special woman to pull it off completely as the color choice is not every one's favorite, but don't be discouraged yet, the final outcome is well worth it! First off, before applying any makeup to my skin I made sure a well sought out moisturizing regime took place which included the ASDM Beverly Hills 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and my favorite BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream. Once both products had adequate time to fully absorb into my pores I swiftly moved along to priming my skin using the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! I prefer using two pumps of product squeezed right onto the center of my palm as it yields a more hydrated and refreshened appearance to one's skin. Smoothing my hands together and transferring the primer onto my other hand, I softly began blending it across all zones of my face starting from the center moving out towards my hairline, even coverage is a must, even with clear formula's! Speaking of even coverage, taking an estimated quarter-sized amount of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in my shade Gobi, I picked up the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush and softly began swirling it against my left cheek moving up towards my forehead in clockwise motions. Be sure to work in light layers as you might need extra coverage, if anything its best to build up then apply a flat layer and look like The Mask, I should know I am Miss. Impatient, whoops! Although Fall screams coral and nude, I couldn't resist using my new Mac X Chris Chang Cream Colour Base in Peony Pavilion.  This vibrant hot pink is truly unique and applied beautiful to an array of skin textures! With that being said, picking up my E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush, I firmly pricked into the product, then began transferring it onto my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline-- this application method creates definition and a sculpted effect to ANY ONES face. 

                              As far as glowing goes, I went for my all time favorite RMS Beauty Living Luminizer since it creates a very soft focus and natural looking sheen! Using the Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush, I gazed against the shimmering product then applied it in FIRM stipples to the high points of my face starting from my cheekbones working up towards the center of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, and slightly on my cupid's bow. To set this sheen and mattify it down slightly for a long lasting finish, I softly dusted Starlight by Anastasia Beverly Hills straight on top of any areas Living Luminizer originally touched! The lips for today were iffy, I must admit.  Although I originally paired this look with Saint Germain by Mac Cosmetics (view photo above), I felt Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo was MUCH more suiting and accented the eye makeup well! I truly wasn't up for a full photo-finished appearance, so I packed the Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in my shade 1 Warm Ivory across all highlight zones of my face (under eyes, sides of nose mainly) using a Beauty Blender Pro for precise application. To set my skin completely I sprayed on Fix+ by Mac cosmetics, and wah-lah, set for a full humid day ahead :)!
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s)/ Eyeshadow: Royal Woo (inner third); Pale Pipa (center); Pink Venus (lower lash line); Steamy (center); Passionate (crease); Mu Mu Bloom (lower lash line, transitional shade); Forgery (inner corners, brow bone); Sketch (inner v, lower lash line)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                       Before you beauties freak out at the amount of eye shadows used, hear me out! Tedious steps are the best too complete first as it gets the bulk out of the way.   These include eyebrow prepping, defining, along with primer application!  Just as always I used my Anastasia Brow Definer in Auburn sculpting out medium arched frames, and my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to prep for bight colors. I do recommend sticking within the range of either a VERY tacky primer, or a pure snow white shadow base/eyeliner stick to form desired pigment without the extra muscle power needed, and pigment that'll last hours on end! The first color applied to my lids is Royal Woo.  This pastel banana colored shade is PERFECT in representation of browning leaves! With that being said using a Mac 231 Brush I softly smudged the color across the inner third of my lids, followed by Pale Pipa towards the center (pastel turquoise) with a pinch of Steamy eyeshadow by Mac brightened with Fix+ on top, you will see the turquoise hue lean a bit green by this point. Since I had the tiny Mac brush accessible I decided to get the lower lash line done with by smudging Pink Venus across my ENTIRE lower lash line with the drama adding shade of Mu Mu Bloom and Sketch smudging behind leaning up near my actual eyelash line. Moving back above I picked up a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush and went right into Mu Mu Bloom once more! I made sure to blend the shade directly into my crease starting from the outer third of my lid moving inwards with soft side to side evenly disbursing motions, this is the transitional color. 

                           Smokey eyes just as I explained in my previous blog post require at-least 4 shades that blend into each other! One that is a transitional, one that is vibrant, and two that amp things up pigment wise.  The two colors I chose do the such is Passionate and Sketch by Mac Cosmetics! Both colors were blended into the inner V of my eye using a Morphe M433 brush with side smudging motions-- I made sure to REALLY follow my natural eye socket creasing for the most natural blend. Switching back to a Mac 231 Brush I sprayed Fix+ onto the bristles, dipped into Forgery eyeshadow and applied it to the inner corners of my eye and slightly on my brow bone, this'll form a beautiful eye catching highlighted effect!  The glitter addition is COMPLETELY optional, I just felt it added a special sparking touch to the overall look so I patted the Bh Cosmetics Glitter in Pink firmly across my lower lash line, mainly onto Pink Venus!  Brown mascara, especially with purple tones is not quite popular, but Beets Me by Mac is def a keeper as it forms LENGTHY (almost false eyelash length) lashes that can be taken as false. The real star of the show is Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder! This bad boy was not only smudged across my waterline, but also above my upper lash line in firm smudges to achieve a standard smokey flick-- this method takes practice, please take your time. To really seal the deal I applied my KoKo Lashes in Amore using Revlon's Lash Glue, any shall do just make sure the lash glue you choose is long lasting and transparent/black!  That's it for today love bunnies, hope you enjoyed, thank you once again for all the continued support XOXOX.