Saturday, August 6, 2016

Transition Into Autumn: Tangy Rose Metallic Halo Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

              Before you go insane on my blog title, might I begin with, "gahh, I know." Autumn already, seriously Lilz? Just be glad I'm not popping out the Halloween tutorials...YET, hehe!  Being the first week of August is over and we're getting closer to September, I felt today had the PERFECT timing of introducing a "Transition Into Autumn" series.  It'll feature a full spectrum of makeup looks AND makeup product recommendations correlating to the months of mid-August-late September.  From rose gold hues to intensive coppers, all shall be seen here my loves...I might even throw in an electric look wearable enough for the transition! Anyhow, the first tutorial up shall be a delicate warm toned rose inspired look, to cancel out concerns, the colors present flatter an array of skin tones, can't go wrong with neutral orange and metallic hues. Do be noted I am NOT FOND of contouring, nor bronzing too much lately, so if you'd prefer swapping these makeup steps in, be my guest! Stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial, it will be posted by either tomorrow morning OR tomorrow night, subscribe to get an instant notification :); If you look at the right side bar on my blog, and scroll down, you shall see a "YouTube: Subscribers" count button, click it for instant subscription, your support means the WORLD to me XOXO. Ooo by the way, as for the "Fruit Series" I began a week ago, I intend on updating it soon with a citrus inspired look, for those just viewing my blog now, I have created Watermelon and Fig inspired makeup looks so far, any suggestions?! Comment below!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 18 Minutes
Notes: Reflective, Long Wearing, Natural Dewy Finish, Wearable, Warm Toned

*Stila Watercolor BlushWater Blossom
*Mac Cosmetics Lipstick, Lip Blossom


               While the total time to complete this makeup look might seem unbelievable, you must realize I work rather quick than most and use less product than most as well! After eliminating certain trends out of my routine such as the ones mentioned in my introductory paragraph, I've noticed a MAJOR improvement in my skin, sans hormonal acne from lady issues ahah. I am almost certain the constant layers of primer>foundation>concealer>bronzer>contour caused a back up in my pores, yielding terrible stubborn acne clusters! I am not one to have terrible skin, so I had to do somethin' about it even if it meant giving up a trend I used to love. The funny part is I get MORE compliments on my makeup with the simple usage of primer>foundation>blush>glow, the most common being, "oh gosh, your skin looks so clear and luminous, what are you using?!" While I could sit here in my glory for an hour, let's move along to the actual makeup love bunnies :)! Prior to any makeup application I splashed my skin a few times with cold water for awakening purposes, then applied my all time favorite moisturizing cream to all zones of my face, the BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream. I have NEVER owned a moisturizer that absorbed quicker into my pores than this one, organics are truly miracle workers my friends!  With that being said, I formally scurried along to the first stage which included Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base. Using a mini disposable spatula, I scooped up a tiny amount of product then smeared the chosen up against my cheek, this is just a starting point! Once I threw the spatula out, I began softly massaging the primer into my skin starting from the center working out towards my hairline, be sure everything is covered completely, especially with Summer heat, you don't want uneven wear time.  As far as foundation goes, choose something that has flexible coverage and a high definition radiance, this will form natural dimension to your skin without a flat canvas appearance! My pick? The Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Foundation in my shade 117=Y225, Marble. Using exactly a pump of the product centered on the back of my hand, I picked up my Morphe M439 foundation brush, dipped gently into the vulnerable texture, and moved forth in buffing it across all zones of my face with large circular blending motions. As a quick tip, if you have blemishes wait for the foundation to thicken, then dot it onto those problematic areas, it works JUST AS GOOD as a concealer, if not better!

                The blush I chose, I admit is not a flexible choice at hand as the violet pearls will reflect poorly on those with pink tones to their skin! Fear not however, the next best option would be a LIGHT ROSE hued color, nothing red, nor coral.  Using my E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush, I gently pricked into Stila's Watercolor Blush netting in Water Blossom, then began stippling it across my cheeks beginning at the apples moving up towards my hairline! For a glow quite fitting I smudged Cover Fx's Enhance Stick in Bubbly across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of chin/forehead, Cupid's bow), then set it with a shimmering highly reflective powder, Natasha Denona's All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer using Mac's Duo-Fibre 132 Brush. For a pretty color matching lip shade to my eye makeup, I chose my previous love, Mac's Lip Blossom! This is such a beautiful highly reflective shade, it's a shame not many purchase it a year, or even know if it. Keep in mind August heats drags through the WHOLE month of September, even through a bit of October at that-- to ensure your makeup stays in place all day long you can either do as I do using a powder foundation on highlighting zones (under eyes, chin, forehead), the Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory, or using a translucent setting powder for silky model like finishes topped of with a setting spray, the Urban Decay All Nighter. Either or works, just make sure you're ahead of the heat! Enjoy my botched image LOL, I thought it'd be a clever idea of putting the eyeball closed and eyeball open together!!
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, Strawberry Milk
*Morphe Brushes Individual Eyeshadow Pan: Pretty in Pink ES57 (transitional shade)
Morphe E22 Pointed Blender; first crease shade
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow, Kitten Parade (lid)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Mango Tango; Razzleberry (halo eye crease effect)
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow: Orange, Paradisco 
second/third crease shade; lower lash line
*Colourpop Creme Gel Liners: Puppy
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                   
              The positive reaction is much appreciated towards my new blog layout, thank you cuties, and yes I check ALL of your comments, I know what's up ;)! This in total took me 11 minutes to complete, not much work is ahead, but enough to get your wrist hurting from blendin'. First off, defined brows are much needed! I chose the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn since it's a beautiful hair match and yields perfectly sculpted brows. Speaking of perfect matches, since this look is generally pink toned I went for the Nyx Cosmetics Strawberry Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil, surprisingly this bad boy blended into a well equipped metallic hued pink shade (blended up towards brow bones, under lower lash line). Rather working from the lid up, I decided for today the reverse would be in every one's best interest specifically because it forms a guide for the shades to come! With that being the case, swirling into Pretty in Pink eyeshadow by Morphe Brushes using the Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I softly swished the color across my crease with fluffy side to side blending motions, to disburse evenly outwards I alternated too tiny circular blends. By this point I paused, added Kitten Parade across my entire lid using a standard concealer brush (works best to add a large portion of pigment), then picked up the pace by blending Mango Tango eyeshadow by Makeup Geek to the inner corners of my eye and outer corners with a more defining M433 Morphe blending brush, this is where the halo eye effect begins. If needed, don't fear using the E22, or large blender of your choice once more to add a gradience of colors together, halo eyes can be quite difficult! Now using Orange eyeshadow by Mac, which I believe is no longer sold, though any vibrant orange shall do such as Rule by Mac Cosmetics as well(more red toned) or Flamepoint by sugarpill-- I began packing the color specifically onto the outer third of my lid with soft swishes inwards, stopping, then swishing the color inwards to the inner corners, be sure to build up pigment here. For just a bit of extra depth and dimension I finally took Razzleberry and with an Urban Decay Electric Brush (any flat fluffy all over eyeshadow brush will do) smudged the raspberry shade into those specific halo areas, a final brushing through was completed for a smooth blend!

                               Just when you think you're done with an eyeshadow, another pops up, oops! Going back into Orange by Mac Cosmetics, I picked up the Mac 231 brush and smudged it HALFWAY across my lower lash line followed by the color Paradisco which is a pretty close dupe to Kitten Parade by Sugarpill, however it is deeper in tone, thus yielding the drama desired. The real money maker here is Touch In Sol's Metallist Liquid Foil & Glitter Eyeshadow Duo product! This product is absolutely stellar.  I currently have a sample of Margaret, which as you might of guessed I used today, and so far I am impressed with the unique foiled pigment! Anyhoo, dipping into the glitter eyeshadow pot (sample version) with my Mac 231, I smudged it across the center of my lid and the inner corners of my eye, this'll really bring the look together (pssst, try the foil WET). For a vibrant pop of commentary hues, I smudged Colourpop's Creme Gel Liner in Puppy across my waterline; softly lined my upper lash line with Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Pen Liner in Black to make my eyes more pronounced, then coated my lashes with the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara sealed with KoKo's Lashes in Amore! The falsies are completely optional, I just felt they added a special touch to the final product. Till next time my loves <3!