Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Transition Into Autumn: Shimmering Rust With A Pop of Navy Makeup Tutorial

                         Told you loves I'd thrown in a few powerful colors and make them wearable for the Transition Into Autumn series! Navy is a color many look over upon and tend too steer clear of, though I could never figure out why since it happens to be a beautiful accenting shade for hues of copper and bronze.  If you give something a chance, and take time to see the beauty in it, you'd be surprised in how many hue's you'd actually fall in love with! Anyhow, this tutorial for me took less than 16 minutes (very much so of a quicky) as the face makeup was kept extremely simple yet effective, and the eye makeup was dressed up with motions of smudging and blending which are extremely easy to work with, especially in the morning hours. Do be noted effectiveness is key in any Summer-Autumn tutorial! This means a long-wearing SPF foundation, a handy setting spray, and a long wearing lip color-- take your skin seriously, you can get just as much damage in the brisk wind as with sunny Summer skies.  This my friends, is what you have a Lilz for! Next week I will be describing a few products I fancy for the transition to make your lives MUCH easier.  Products will range from affordable, to high priced, yet alll worth it! Enough of my blabbing, let's get to the meat of this tutorial :).

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 16 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Natural Finish, Long Lasting, Easy to Complete

*Inglot Cosmetics - Face & Body AMC Cream Blush, 88
*Nars Multiple, Copacabana 
*Lime Crime Velvetine Matte Lipstick, Saint

                      Girrrrrllllllll, that skin peel I did yesterday live on YouTube really made my skin baby butt smooth! In fact, today all I had to do was apply a sheer coating of my favorite BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream, no further cleansing required.  In case you cuties are unaware, I began a giveaway yesterday as well that includes the ASDM Beverly Hills 100% Hyaluronic Acid Serum, Vitamin C Serum, and 25% Lactic Acid Skin Peel Kit! By entering you COULD win the chance of receiving either one of these products which range from 20-30 dollars flat. The giveaway ends in just a few weeks, click this link for details on how to enter: ASDM Beverly Hills X Thaeyeballqueen. Aside from that self promotion, woohoo, once my facial cream fully absorbed into my pores, I took TWO PUMPS of the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Coconut Face Primer plopped onto the center of my palms, then one pump of Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau Foundation in my shade 31 Ambre Pale, and using a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer gently swirled into the product to eventually begin blending the foundation/primer mix onto my skin starting from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead! I prefer using large circular motions to ensure the product evenly disbursed in without a cakey effect as light layers will be yielded. Though many prefer allowing their foundation to dry prior to moving along in further steps, I'd be sitting here all day especially with an SPF ridden product.  Instead, I chose a fitting cream blush, specifically Inglot's Face & Body AMC Cream Blush in 88, and stippled it across my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline using an E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush! Cream blushes have a tendency to wear off faster, however when equipped with a setting spray, migration NEVER occurs, you just have to have proper application skills. 

                Just because the weather might become crisper in temperature, doesn't mean your glow has to fade into a frosty sheen as well, or look unnatural rather! One of my favorite duo's to work with is the Nars Multiple Stick in Copacabana and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the shade Moonstone.  The goal here is to NOT appear like you have tons of powder on your skin, nor a frosted flake stepping into the disco era.  The goal is to have a natural dewiness to your skin that'll last all day long! With that being said, smudging the Multiple Stick onto the high points of my face, these include the cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and center of my forehead/chin, I took my ring finger and softly blended the shimmering product in.  To ensure a long lasting finish I applied Moonstone right on top using a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush simply because it diffuses product beautifully! As far as the lips go, try stick with muted yet vibrant berry shades, it's the most flattering during transitions between these particular seasons.  I went with Saint by Lime Crime because it is VERY long wearing and has the perfect cranberry hue I desire! For skin setting purposes, I picked up my dampened beauty blender, smudged into Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory and stippled it mainly under my eyes and near the sides of my nose.  The whole shebang was set using Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray-- if needed you can ALWAYS go back and dust a setting powder over your skin, I just feel it might weigh your face down as the beginning of September through mid October is ALWAYS hot, especially here in New York! Plan smartly. 
*Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow, Slick
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow, Copperplate (transition shade)
Morphe E22 Pointed Blender; first crease shade
*Morphe Brushes Single Eyeshadow Pan, Trouble (inner v)
*Colourpop Cosmetics: Etiquette (lower lash line); Mooning (lid)
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                                 Brows are a walk in the park.  From dramatic arches, to smooth texturized appearances, everyone has their own style, thus forth why I shall only tell you beauties the product I used today which is my all time favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in the shade Auburn.  Do be noted the Brow Definer in my findings has LONGER wear time than other Anastasia products, no setting gel was needed, however its up to your better judgement wether you feel you need one or not! For a priming base I used Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow in Slick, though no longer sold as they had a liquidation sale, any taupey deep gold shall do. Using a cleaned ring finger I smudged the shadow onto my lids and blended upwards toward my crease switching to "molded" curved blending motions! To clean up any harsh edges I picked up a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender and with Copperplate by Mac Cosmetics, softly dusted the shade into my crease as a transitional hue, be sure to stick with side to side motions for the quickest and most disbursed application.  For a pinch of depth and dimension I switched eye shadows to Trouble by Morphe Brushes, and using a more defining blender, the Morphe M433, firmly SMUDGED the deep blackened brown into the inner v of my eye following the natural creasing of my eye socket for the most gradient blend!  By this point forth things will get a bit messy, so if you prefer using brushes whip em' out.  Putting the upper eye on hold, I took Etiquette by Colourpop and smudged it heavily on my lower lash line.  With a Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipe handy, I removed the deep blue pigment from my finger, then went into Mooning, a beautiful shimmering blackened bronze, to only smudge it across my ENTIRE lid, pigment build up might be needed for a beautiful sparkling finish! The last eyeshadow shade you will need is a light rustic color, my choice was Nyx's Rust Pearl Loose Eyeshadow Pigment.  Being this has a VERY tiny opening, I found it best to use my pinky and just lightly pat the color onto the inner third of lids. 

                     The morning hours can be either breezy, or absolutely treacherous! Rather stressing you beauties with intensive winged eyeliner, I decided a smoked effect was the better of two evils.  Using my Mac 242 Shader Brush, I dipped into Mac's Creme Liner (freshly wet to activate the product) and softly applied it to my upper lash line with even side to side strokes! Excess product was HEAVILY smudged onto my lower lash line, and on my waterline, this'll bring attention to your eyes and make them appear more "open". For a false eyelash effect mascara style, I coated my bare lashes using the new Tarte Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara, with a main focus on my lower lashes, then applied my favorite KoKo Lashes in Amore! Obviously speaking, false lashes are COMPLETELY optional, I just felt it brought the total look together and gave it a glam aspect you cannot find elsewhere.  Hope you cuties enjoyed, can't wait for you to try these tutorials out and send me photos of your finished work! Good luck on those that have entered the giveaway so far by the way XOXO.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave