Sunday, August 14, 2016

Transition Into Autumn: Elegant Glittery Coral and Pastel Green Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                       It tis' always SO delightful waking up to all your beautiful comments left behind, especially on my newest series "Transition Into Autumn", I'm quite surprised how well you beauties are taking too this collection of tutorials! Let's not forget the transition of Summer to Autumn weather does NOT mean your spectrum must be plain, bland, and 100 shades of bronze or taupe, instead it encourages the usage of two pallets in a melding of one.  For example, coral is normally associated with late Spring early Summer, and pastel green is associated with Spring weather, however when you put the two together, especially a coral with gold reflects and a terra-cotta lip, it forms a "warmth" to the makeup in total, and forms the story of green leaves turning to golden, get it ;)? The best part about this series, and funnest may I add, is ANYTHING goes, you just have to ensure the colors are medium in depth, or if pastel mellowed out, and encompass some sort of fall like lip color! Anyhow, let's get to the full details, hope you all enjoy, do be noted I work EXTREMELY fast and I do not use a considerable amount of face products, thus forth my finish time mighhhhttt be a bit off compared too the length it might take you, but PLEASE do not be discouraged, practice and patience is everything XOXO. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 22 Minutes
Notes: Glowy Finish, Universal, Elegant, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Glamorous, Glittery, Colorful, Special Event 

*NYX Cream Blush, Boho Chic
*ColourPop Cosmetics Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick, Bumble (2015 batch= darker)

                              Skin care, skin care, skin care, NEVER forget it!  Even for those days you might feel "bleh" about cleaning your skin due to sheer tiredness, at least amp up the primer amount used and choose one with multi-action benefits.  Being I have VERY sensitive skin, and wake up generally dry on the face, I chose my all time favorite Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer! Using exactly two pumps of the product squeezed out onto the center of my palms, I massaged my hands together then proceeded to softly blending it across all zones of my face starting from the center by my nose, extending out towards my hairline for even, flawless coverage!  This primer in particular in infused with all kinds of coconut ingredients, thus forming a VERY hydrated and youthful looking base without prior washing, amazing isn't it? I was in a Marc Jacobs mood, I must admit, so right after I allowed the priming base to settle finely into my pores, I took one pump of his' Genius Gel Foundation in the shade 14 Ivory Medium, and using my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer began softly disbursing the product across my skin starting with areas needing the most coverage FIRST, that being my left cheek, working my way out towards sheer coverage zones. As a quick tip, if you need spot correction, wait for the formula of choice to thicken (1-2 minutes) on the back of your hand, then apply like concealer, works EVERY TIME! Since I had my Deluxe Buffer present, I decided too swirl into Nyx's Cream Blush in Boho Chic and apply it to the apples of my cheeks stippling up towards my hairline, pigment build up was applied as desired, go to town. 

                              For a natural yet eye catching sheen I smudged Cover Fx's Enhance Click Highlighter in Bubbly across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of forehead and chin), then smudged the pink highlighting she from Make Up For Ever's Pro Sculpting Duo in Pink Beige across those same areas with a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush, this'll set the glow and prevent shifting throughout the day! Coral lipstick looked VERY dashing with this makeup look, view the photo presented to the right of this paragraph (Creamsicle by Buxom), but I felt ColourPop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bumble created a better contrast between hues, please be aware I used the 2015 batch, this one is DARKER than the present.  For setting skin purposes I PUSHED Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder onto all highlighting zones of my face, mainly the under eyes and sides of my nose using a Beauty Blender Pro, then sprayed on Mac's Prep+Prime Fix+ to ensure lasting coverage AND a prevention of glitter fall out! Always be sure to have a setting spray handy, even if the powder doesn't follow through, it'll help especially with humid weather caused by such a shifting in the seasons. 
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, Cashmere 
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan, Shore Thing (transitional); Shimma Shimma (brow bone)
*Morphe Brushes Single Eyeshadow Pan: Nature's Calling (crease, lower lash); Tokyo Tea (lower lash) 
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pro Refill Pan, Plumage (inner v)
*Violet Voss Cosmetics Glitter: Gabriella (inner corners), Electric Caroline (lid)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
               At first I was apprehensive on whether a coral would fit an emerald green or not, luckily I just went for it as the go-getter I am, and honestly speaking this is one of my FAVORITE tutorials yet! Though I view this as a few sprinkles of glitter and just a tad of blending, I am aware of the fact intermediate beauty lovers MIGHT have difficulties completing this in full.  Just as I said during the introductory paragraph, as long as you take your time and really focus on the words I say, I am POSITIVE all will go well, if anything you might form your own interpretation off of the eye makeup above, which in my opinion is grand! Anyhoo, to begin make sure your eyebrows are fully groomed as this is the groundwork for the makeup too come, and pair it with a beautiful shimmering primer, the two products I chose was my "go to" Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn, and the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere, both adequately blended to perfection before moving forward. Putting aside the lid, I actually worked backwards today! For example, the first color blended is Shore Thing by Makeup Geek. This pastel blue/green softly was applied as a transitional shade using my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender to the creasing of my eye socket, followed up by Nature's Calling by Morphe added to the crease for dimension and drama with a more defining Morphe M433 Brush, then finally Plumage to create depth and a certain contrast as the peacocky blue brings a certain aspect to the overall look!  

                  As far as the lower lash line goes, I smudged Nature's Calling onto the outer third of my lower lash line using a tiny Mac 231 Brush, then created a gradience by applying Tokyo Tea closer to the inner corners of my eyes. Using this same brush and a pea-sized amount of my Too Faced Glitter Bonding Glue, I FIRMLY patted the sticky texture onto my lids, and especially to the inner corners of my eyes this way fall out and migration would be outta' the picture.  From there I began applying Electric Coraline to my lids using a ring finger (applies the product fast), then applied a dash of Gabriella glitter to the innards using my pinky finger, build pigment until a desired and opaque finish is achieved!  For a soft focus glow, I smudged Shimma Shimma by Makeup Geek onto my brow bones using a Mac 224 Tapered Bending Brush, while blending this shimmering beige in I also disbursed some of Shore Thing out a tad more for an uber blended appearance! Using my Mac Kohl Liner in Smolder, I made sure to not only heavily line my waterline using the thick smoldering black, haha get the pun? No...alrighty then!? I also smudged it VERY firmly across my upper lash lime to achieve a dark and defining aesthetic. For the lashes I coated them several times using the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, then applied KoKo Lashes in Amore! Try to stick with EXTREMELY volumous lashes yielding spikey finishes, this will not only enhance the glittery particles and draw attention to the center of your face, but it'll balance out the glitter:liner and lash ratio, this look is not fit for tiny baby lashes my friends, sorrryyyy. That's it for today, hope all of you have a wonderful start to your week, kisses XOXO THAEYEBALLQUEEN, LILLEE JEAN TRUEMAN! 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave