Tuesday, August 16, 2016

"NEW" Bohemian Hippie Lilac & Red Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial

                             Morning love bunnies! Today I have in store a super chic, yet vibrant "NEW" Bohemian Hippie sorta tutorial.  Generally hippie, and bohemian are associated with hues of bronze, gold, and very minimalistic makeup styles, however this is where the "NEW" aspect comes into play.  Natural is beautiful, but color can be just as striking and expressive! Think about it-- purples melding with neutral reds, lilac infused magenta's.  These combinations not only evoke the sensibilities of a strong, passionate, and free minded women, it hinders the notes of a classy Barbie esc. rumination of simple glam that takes the mold of one's persona! While it might seem odd the concept of makeup taking on a persona, it truly is a major factor into why some looks appear better on others than most. For example, using the lilac and red combination in the limelight once more, one who is feeling sad or depressive inside might not rock this look as well as one who is happy and vibrant personality wise, it's almost a contradiction at that (pssst. secret to a good photo is the thoughts you withhold inside)! Discouragement is NOT my goal here, however I wanted to clarify my interpretation of the resurfacing concept of bohemian ways as it tis' not of the usual. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 22 Minutes
Notes: Glowy Finish, Free Spirited, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Glamorous, Unique Concept, "Happy", Natural Lash Style

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Contour & Highlight Duo, LIGHT
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; Half (1/2) A BEAKER Full of Foundation; One in a Half (1 1/2) Pumps of Primer
*Tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Pallet, Beaming
*ABH Illuminator, Starlight
*Dose Of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Berry Me 2
*Buxom Full-On Lip Cream, Lavender Cosmo

                       Being I ALWAYS start with skin care, I would like to remind you beauties about the ASDM Beverly Hills Lactic Acid Skin Peel, 100% Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin C Serum giveaway I am hosting! There is absolutely NO fee's for entering, in fact it can be as simple as shooting me over an email with the subject reading "ASDM GIVEAWAY ENTRY: ___ (name)". Be sure to click this link for full details, there is a joining linkage to the YouTube demonstration featuring EACH product mentioned above: ASDM Beverly Hills X Thaeyeballqueen Giveaway! Alrighty, aside from that, prior to any makeup application I applied a thin layer of my BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream too all zones of my face, hairline included. This cream in particular plumps the epidermis layer and improves elasticity of one's skin within hours while hydrating dry areas with a soothing lavender scent, how cool is that?! The best part is that little coconut dries within minutes, thus with ease I moved straight along to priming my skin.  Rather two separate steps, I conjoined the foundation and priming stages together by doing the following: pushed out half (1/2) a beaker full of Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation SPF 15 in my shade Fair Light Neutral onto the back of my hand, then I squeezed out one and a half (1 1/2) pumps of my Marc Jacobs Coconut Face Primer right on-top of the previously poured foundation.  For those curious, mixing was done gradually between the bristles of my Morphe M439 pricking into the product and buffing onto my skin in light even coated layers! I personally HATE with a burning passion heavy makeup, so for me to take kinship to this foundation (Tarte Rainforest of the Sea: Water Foundation SPF 15 Review and Swatches) you can bet your bippy it's worth the hype. For added coverage I smudged on Revlon's PhotoReady Insta-Fix Contour Stick in Nude across all highlighting zones of my face (under eyes, and forehead mainly) then softly blended the creamy product in using my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer once more! Since I had the Revlon PhotoReady duo handy in the labelling "light", I decided to go ahead and smudge Pink Light, better known as the highlighting shade across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, forehead, chin, Cupid's bow) for a dazzling glow, the product was softly smoothed in with finger tapping motions. 

                             Hardly will you loves EVER see me using a powder blush, but today was an exception, I was in my vegan mode ;)! With that being said, taking the shade Beaming from Tarte's Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Pallet (limited edition, click here for my review) I firmly brushed it along my cheeks specifically from the apples up towards my hairline using the Sephora Collection #74 Pro Small Blush and Contour Brush.  With that same brush I swirled heavily into my Anastasia Beverly Hills Starlight Illuminator and blended it across all high points of my face SANS near forehead and chin areas, I was aiming for an awakening less dewy appearance! As far as the lips go, I applied the Dose Of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Berry Me 2, a universally flattering shade, two points of DOC, and then glided on Buxom's Lilac Cosmo Full-On Lip Cream-- the lip cream does as much of adding a plumping glossy effect, it in no way shape or form makes the liquid lipstick lilac, avoiding confusion here, hehe. To set my skin I dusted on Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder under my eyes, scarcely, and by the sides of my nose to ensure a brightened effect would carry on all day long with a Sephora Collection #73 Pro Precision Blush Brush, I'm more on the dry side thus I use less setting powder! I must say, Mac's Prep + Prime Fix+ has become a staple product in my everyday routine, forever wondering WHY I never indulged on this goodie, grrr.  Anyhoo, once my setting powder was applied in full, I sprayed on a few spritzes of Fix+ and was ready to slay the day!
*Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s): Curfew (lid); Carnival (transitional); Day Dreamer (inner third); In The Spotlight (inner corners)
*Morphe Brushes Singular Eyeshadow Pan, Sassy (inner v)
*Lime Crime Venus Pallet: Muse (inner v, lower lash line); Icon (inner v)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*Posh False Eyelashes, #107
                    Sometimes, I scroll down to preview my blog post and get freaked out by the random eyeball.  Isn't it bizarre how I KNOW for a fact the close up shot was inserted specifically towards the end, yet when scrolling I go blank and forget? Okay apparently I am a lone soldier on this, sorrow exuded.  First off, I would like to say almost any intermediate makeup lover, or artist can complete the shadow look presented above, you just have to work on constant blends, at most your patience shall be tested, mwahaha! First things first, before applying any eyeshadow or applying and lashes, I combed through my eyebrows thoroughly, then filled them in using my all star favorite brow product, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in MY shade Auburn. Once I had my desired arch and fill achieved, I went ahead and smudged on Yogurt Jumbo Eye Pencil by Nyx Cosmetics across my lids! While doing this I made sure to LINE under my eyebrows as a highlighting shade and cleanup tool for excess brow product, as well drag blended product under my lower lash line too prevent fading/shifting! Now to tha' good stuff.  Picking up my Morphe M433 Pro Firm Blending Brush, I softly swirled into Curfew eyeshadow by Makeup Geek Cosmetics and applied it gradually to my lids with soft side to side swishing motions! Switching too a more disbursing blending brush, in specific the Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush, I went into Carnival which is a few shades LIGHTER than Curfew and buffed the pinkish purple hue into the creasing of my eye with light circular motions, this shall be the transitional shade, be sure to blend until the color fades into an abyss! For a little extra dimension I went back to the Morphe M433 brush and smudged Sassy eye shadow by Morphe Brushes right into the inner v of my eye with very faint side blending motions, this shade was FOLLOWED by Muse and Icon as these two shades brought the heat and the red ;). Both colors were also dusted across my lower lash line yielding an uber smoked out effect!

                 When you don't have a tool, what do you use? A regular paint brush? A spoon perhaps? Or just simply your fingers! WHY DO I SOUND LIKE AN EDUCATED EINSTEIN ARIEL, AHHH.  Jokes aside, mmyyyyy goodness, I can't believe how out of hand these contouring trends with OBJECTS have become!! Anyhow, using my ring finger, properly washed prior of course, I tapped into Day Dreamer eyeshadow and SMUDGED it across both my lids in two constant smears, this will deliver the highest impact of pigment in comparison to the effects of brush bristles. Excess product left on my finger was smudged onto my lower lash line specifically near the inner third! For a beautiful highlight I finally dipped into In The Spotlight and with my pinky finger applied it to the inner corners of my eyes, and too my brow bones.  Before moving forth in any other actions towards my eye makeup, I quickly blended through my crease ONCE using a Mac 224 Tapered Blending Brush, this'll form a beautiful gradience of hues! Yeah, I admit, I made the eyeliner trickier than it had to be, oh well.  Essentially, with Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder, I first heavily lined my waterline, then with a Mac 242 Shader Brush picked up product from the ballpoint of the eyeliner and formed medium thick flicks above my upper lash line...could of just used a pen liner ;), I know. For the lashes I coated my natural fibers using Tarte's Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara, and created a soft glamorous volume with Posh's False Eyelashes in #107, weirdly enough they were BRAND NEW, never opened in my draw, glad I took a second glance over because these $1.00 babies are spectacular! Hope you loves enjoyed, kisses XOXO. 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave