Saturday, August 20, 2016

Magical Glittery Genie Halloween Makeup Tutorial

                       Ohhhh end of August, do I love you! The flood gates of all things Halloween have been unleashed, and with it flows too you beauties a magical glittery genie tutorial, Lillee style.  For those that have been long time subscribers, you'd know I created a genie tutorial last year, however after reviewing the makeup in full, it became apparent to me the look appealed more as "prom" makeup than a powerful, alluring, wish granter! The interesting part is genies, known as Jinn/Djinn in Arabian folklore, is almost 4.5 thousand years ago they were referred to as DEMONS...not these fancy blue men popping out of bottles hopelessly trapped, yes Aladdin, eyes towards at you on this one. Despite this, I took into account my OWN personal view of Genies by melding together certain known characters such as Esmeralda and Princess Jasmine through the final outcome too hold inspiration from whimsical characters and their color schemes! Before going any further, I would like to specially THANK all of you whom left beautiful comments on my progression posting last night, it truly means to world to me.  Let's get into the deets XOXO! 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 13 Minutes Face Makeup; 15 Minutes Eye Makeup; 28 Total
Notes: Glowy Skin, Arabian, Glittery, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Halloween, Inspired, Colorful 

Quarter Sized Amount;  Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer
*Nars Blush, Gouloue
*ColourPop Lippie Stix, Skimpy 



                  Barbara Eden in I dream of Jeannie was absolutely beautiful, very dreamy at that! Do you think under the heavy contours and shimmers she let her skin clench dry prior to any makeup application? NOOOOO! Especially for TV shows as constant filming is done, one's makeup must be perfect and long lasting. Going along with that same concept, before applying any primer, or foundation to my skin, I massaged a sheer layer of the BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream too all zones of my face, no further washing was needed since this cream offers extreme moistureization and refreshing properties, it must have at least 4-5 minutes sinking time however! Once I visibly saw the cream matifying down, I yielded a pump of my Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer onto the center of my palms, scrubbed my hands together as if I was washing my hands with soap, then proceeded to veiling my skin around the potion with inward to outward blending motions, I personally prefer starting from the center of my face since it creates a perfected canvas instantly without any areas forgotten.  For quick yet meaningful coverage I poured out a quarter sized amount of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in my shade Gobi onto the back of my hand, then taking the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer began softly stippling the product across my skin beginning from my left cheek (needing most coverage), moving clockwise up towards my forehead! Don't be shy on coverage my loves, Halloween makeup is meant to LAST and look out of this world, the only thing I will say is since I do not use concealer nor contour creams I had to build up pigment in two sheer coatings, the second coating was left to thicken for a minute then applied as spot correction. For an enhancing flush, I picked up Sephora's #73 Pro Precision Blush Brush along with Nars's Blush in Gouloue and swished the berry shade across my cheeks starting from the apples blending up towards my hairline! Do be noted the way you apply blush matters. For example, if you're seeking an innocent genie effect, light pink blush stroked in a horizontal line across your cheeks would be the most suiting, however by using the style of application as mentioned above you create an uplifted effect of a more mature, and sensual woman!

                   Enough with flushes, let's talk glow.  How could ya' be a genie without a dazzling eye catching sheen to your skin?! HOWWW? The fact is, none of Lillee's little genies will be roaming free without a little sparkle to their face, NONE! With that being said taking Benefit's High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter, I lightly brushed the pearlescent pink across the high points of my face (mainly cheekbones and bridge of nose), blended the product in using my Mac 159 Brush, then set the glow using Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance powder in Highlight 1.  At first I thought, "why not do a deep red lip?"...but then I tested it out and it simply took away from the beauty of the intricate eye makeup! Instead, I opted in for a grayish mauve, in specific Bh Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in Muse, and topped it off with ColourPop's Lippie Stix in Skimpy for a glossy finish. A HUGE mistake Halloween goers make is nor setting their skin properly! Glitter can get messy, let's face it, glitter bonding glue or not, overtime the pigments migrate and shift.  To help prevent this, I first dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face (under eyes, between cheek and jaw) using my Sephora Teardrop Highlighter Brush, then sprayed on a hardy amount of the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray, this stuff is meant for LONG wearing, HEAVY makeup looks, unlike Fix+, meant for on the go, daily tutorials!

*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow(s): Soft Brown (transitional shade); Electric Eel (inner v); Coppering (lower lash line)
*Morphe Brushes Individual Eyeshadow Pan, Spice (crease, lower lash line)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan, Corrupt (inner v)
*Violet Voss Cosmetics Glitter: Rayne Glitter (center); Paige Glitter (outer third, inner third)
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow(s): Countess (inner third); Magpie (outer third)
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
              Glitter can be quite intimidating as much as all us woman love to use it! Rather starting from the lid working my way out to the crease, I did the reverse, it makes the overall process much less overwhelming :). All eye makeup stems from the groundwork of brow definition, and primer application! Just as always I began by filling my eyebrows in using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn, and priming my eyelids using Nyx's Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil-- try to stick within the range of HEAVY DUTY thick creamy white formulas, anything thin will not adhere to the vivid colors to come well. Speaking of vivid colors to come, the first eyeshadow blended is Soft Brown by Mac Cosmetics! This transitional shade was brushed softly above my crease and slightly onto the outer third of my lid with fluent side to side motions using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender Brush. To create a deep bottle green color, I switched brushes to my Morphe M433 and swished 'Electric Eel eyeshadow throughout my crease with tiny circular blends, the shade was followed by 'Spice' eyeshadow this way a mellowed out effect would occur! For added dimension and drama, I completed the crease with a light swirling of Corrupt into the inner v of my eye socket, be sure to build up pigment until you achieve a heavy black hue, if needed blend through the crease once using a tapered blender such as Mac's 224 without any shadow, always aim for disbursed effects. As far as the lower lash line goes, I smudged Coppering eyeshadow across using a Mac 231 brush ensuring a flicked out affect was left behind, then starting working up above once more! 


                 Prior to glitter application, I created a thick color base underneath with Countess and Magpie loose eyeshadows by Sugarpill this way once the glitter was applied gaps would be scarce, a small amount was used.  Did you know using lash glue works just as good as glitter glue? If not, now ya' do! Please NEVER be discouraged if you don't encompass a certain product, many cosmetic items double as two ;). Anyhow, taking a pea-sized amount of the Too Faced Glitter Glue, I gently patted it across my lids the began packing on Rayne Glitter and Paige Glitter by Violet Voss using a combination of my ring finger and Mac 231 Brush to yield precision glitter application, and an abundant amount of glitter + color! If given a closer look, Rayne, the deep royal blue was strategically placed center of my lid followed by Paige glittering towards the outskirts, think of this as a glittered halo eye! For eyeliner I streaked on Mac's Creme Liner in Black with a Mac 242 Shader Brush both heavily across my upper lash line, and on the waterline (slight smoked out effect created since this eyeliner is water activated, it bleeds before drying), thennnnn trasntioned smoothly into dolling up my lashes by coated my natural follicles with Tarte's Lash Paint Mascara, and applying KoKo Amore Lashes-- the spikier, the better. For my short and natural lash lovers, please be aware the eye makeup presented above is meant for EXTREMELY dramatic falsies, there will be an imbalance of drama created if you leave the falsies out, or use an inadequate volume.  Hope you all enjoyed, stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial along with a few other Halloween tutorials, kisses XOXO.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave