Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Jessica Rabbit Inspired Halloween Makeup Tutorial

                        Jessica Rabbit appears to be trending on Instagram yet another year, so I decided, why not do a Lillee rumination of the sexy character's look?! Now, I am not saying in any way, shape or form that I resemble this fictional character, nor am I promoting others to conform by means of surgery OR complete alternation by makeup, rather influencing a human like version by human like standards.  For example, rather the cartoony raised eyebrows, mine are extremely defined and arched! Rather huge circular eyelids, mine are adjacent to what a person would look like wearing smokey purple eyeshadow. This plays back to my Barbie series in which raised a lot of controversy between people who frankly dug deeper than was needed and myself who was just embracing a positive character in history-- for those that are offended by simple artwork, bug off before I get the BUNNY (commence sound effects), DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN! Let's get into it, and most of all, enjoy yourself darlings, it tis' never a fun look without a bit of attitude!!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 29 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Natural Finish, Long Lasting, Easy to Complete

*Nars Multiple, Copacabana 
*Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Merlot
*Mac Cosmetics Dazzleglass Lipgloss, Love Alert


                    As you loves know I take skin care EXTREMELY serious, more so than ever. Ironically, since this tutorial requires a bit of muscle power product wise, I figured washing my skin vigorously twice would be ridiculous, especially with doing a skin peel two days prior (click here for details, I have a giveaway running as we speak), thus forth making the skin VERY vulnerable and sensitive! Instead, I compensated with one extra pump of primer as this hydrates and plumps the top layer of skin just as well as a prior washing set with a moisturizer.  Being my foundation of choice is rather light texture wise, I mixed two pumps of the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer with one pump of the Make Up Forever HD Invisible Foundation in my shade 117, Marble! Taking a freshly cleaned Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush, I softly swirled the product against my face starting from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead, areas craving extra coverage were manipulated with the thickening of foundation.  Essentially, I dotted MUFE'S Invisible Foundation onto blemishes, then waited for the formula to settle into a creamy texture too only pat firmly the spot correction in, this in my opinion works MUCH better than a typical concealer formula as cakey effects are NOT yielded! Jessica Rabbit in particular to other characters holds a VERY flushed appearance, not contoured nor bronzed, which I believe many get confused with.  If you want an EXACT replica of the character contouring would be ideal, especially for the jawline, however the goal is to create a VERSION of this animation! With that being said, picking up my Mac 168 Angled Contour Brush, I HEAVILY dusted across the Too Faced Love Flush Long-Lasting Blush in Your Love Is King then proceeded to blending it across my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline.  Do keep in mind blush let alone can form a more angular appearance WITHOUT the handy work of taupe and bronze powders!

                                For a natural yet gleaming glow I smudged the Nars Multiple stick in Copacabana across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow), then blended in the shimmering cream-powder formula with my ring finger using gentle off surface smudges. To amp things up juuuusssstt a smidge, I switched tools to a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush and dusted my Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight across any zones Copacabana originally gazed upon!  The lipstick is very simple, all you beauties need is a cool toned red such as the Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Merlot topped with a beautiful sheen, I chose Mac Cosmetics Dazzleglass in Love Alert-- the shinier the better. If you're going to an event where you're POSITIVE photos will be taken, please choose a setting powder that does NOT contain Mica or reflective minerals! Why? Well, you don't want a white caste thanks to flash photography, do ya? No! Albeit, I did go for the Make Up Forever HD Micro-finish Setting Powder brushed along the highlighting points of my face simply because I wore this makeup for 2 hours flat, in broad daylight. I do recommend tagging along a setting spray, especially one that can be applied periodically such as the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray-- it'll keep your makeup refreshed ALL night long until you desire a removal!
*Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow, Wino
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow, Copperplate (transition shade)
Morphe E22 Pointed Blender; first crease shade
*Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s): Curfew (crease); Corrupt (inner v) 
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Pan, Deep Plum (inner v, lower lash line)
*Morphe Brushes Single Eyeshadow Pan, Glamorous ES9 (lid)
Applied wet w/ finger
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                         Before you freak out and believe the eye makeup is the most difficult part, CHILL GIRL! The eye makeup is actually quite glamorous and simple if you put your mind to it.  Just as said in the introductory paragraph, all the eye make is, is a metallic purple smokey eye, simple enuf'?! First off, being I changed my hair back to the natural hues I was born, my Anastasia Brow color is Auburn.  This color is NOT a vibrant red which leans unnatural, instead it is a deep reddish brown for natural red heads, if for any reason you desire another appearance i'd recommend using a liquid lipstick through your brows OR a powdered eyeshadow with high pigment power! Now that the brows are sealed and out of the way, for a priming base I used the Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow in Wino.  This deep plum is perfect for people who love shimmering effects as it clings to product well. Using a cleaned ring finger I softly smudged the eyeshadow across both my lids leaning slightly up to my crease.  By this point I paused, picked up the Morphe E22 Pointed Blender and dusted Copperplate by Mac Cosmetics into my crease as a transitional shade, this will help blend Wino up in a light diffusing manner! The trick to a beautiful smokey eye is having a few fading colors present. In other words, a light shade, a vibrant shade, and two smokey colors! With that being said, after Copperplate was applied, I swirled into my vibrant shade which happened to be Curfew by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, and with a M433 Morphe Brush firmly smudged it into my crease with side to side and circular motions. Now taking Deep Plum by Anastasia Beverly Hills, I very gently traced the natural creasing of my eye socket and began blending with delicate swirling motions, Corrupt by Makeup Geek was later added for extra drama and dimension! Any excess product you might withhold on your brush feel free to dust below your lower lash line, this will form a sensuality about the overall eye makeup. 

                      See, not that hard, haha! The perfect purple shade in my opinion that corresponds with Jessica's eyeshadow hue is Glamorous by Morphe Brushes.  Though described an icy bright pink, it clearly transcends as a light lavender, making it perfect for today's look! Digging into the shadow with my finger pre-wet I began patting it across my lid starting from the inner third working half way to the center of my lid, build up pigment as needed. If taken closely into consideration, Jessica also rocks a bangin' winged eyeliner style! Too yield the same effects with a controllable amount, I opted in for my Mac Cosmetics Creme Liner in the standard shade black.  As you can see from the photos above I made sure to HEAVILY smudge the product across my waterline using a Mac 242 Shader Brush, and heavily across my upper lash line with sharp flicks. As far as the lashes go, I used my new favorite Tarte Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara paired with the Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes in Scarlett, this really amps things up and creates a glorious drama never seen before! Hope you cuties enjoyed, please be expecting more of these "POP" Halloween tutorials I throw out at you randomly, Halloween is only two months away, START PLANNIN' ;).
SaveSave
SaveSave