Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fig Inspired Deep Purple & Vivid Red Makeup Tutorial | Fruit Series

 

                    Fig's are extraordinary fruits! From a deep eggplant purple shell, too a tropical escape of vivid oranges, reds, and yellows, this baby is number one on my inspiration list.  As you loves know a few days ago I began my "Fruit Series", the first look being Watermelon inspired due to watermelons being my absolute favorite! You will see as the list of tutorials roll out each will be somewhat wearable to the general public, yet daring for the non-typical color ridden chick. Many are afraid of color, which is ironic because IF you choose the correct contrasting colorful shade of your NATURAL eye color, it'll do a better job at "brightening" than most natural shades! However, I do understand the hardship of blending with vivid colors as well as melding different hues together that happen to be vibrant-- it calls for an artists eye as primaries, secondary, and tertiary shades are mixed. For today please relax, take your time, and understand no-one is a beauty queen over night! Even myself love bunnies ahah (themakeupbloggers.blogspot.com, created this blog when I was around seven, ended at 10). Let's get into it, and of course if you have a fruit request comment it below! Oooh also I am having Adobe Premier Pro issues, thus there will be a delay on my recent YouTube video, apologies and love as always :( XOXO. 

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 32 Minutes
Notes: Vibrant, Long Lasting, Natural Glowy Finish, Colorful, Intermediate Skill Level Required 


Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

             With such a dramatic look, eye makeup wise, you really want to keep the facial makeup simple, youthful, and glowy!  These three key factors will help accent the colorful hues best as opposed to flashy blush and a bronzy complexion, trruuuuusttt me. Anyhow, prior to any application of makeup products I massaged Neutrogena's Ultra Light Cleansing Oil across all zones of my face with super light pressurized blends, this helps remove excess makeup and oils from the day before! Once I had thoroughly worked the cleanser into my skin, I washed the product off with lukewarm water, then for extra hydration smoothed BodhiTreeNaturals Dry Skin Cream Coconut Oil infused moisturizer onto my skin starting from the center moving out towards my hairline.  The same premise fits for my priming base as it has a creamy like texture, do be noted the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base absorbs VERY quickly into one's pores, so be sure to evenly disburse product across your skin for the best results to be yielded! Recently I have been getting a TON of you beauties asking questions on what foundation I use.  Sadly I cannot answer this straight as it depends on my skin condition that day! For example, today my skin was particularly radiant and clear SO I used the L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation as it has subtle coverage and a luminous finish (I personally prefer using the powder puff it comes with to bounce the product against my skin rather a brush). Being I had some breakouts on my skin, specifically the cheek area, I took a pea-sized amount of the Make Up Forever Ultra HD Concealer onto the back of my hand, let it thicken for 2 minutes, then with my ring finger gently yet firmly patted it against the blemishes until my perfect spot coverage was achieved! Noowww to the glowing part, you loves have been so good listening to me rambling onnn and onn, tear :,). Dipping into the RMS Beauty Living Luminizer product, I softly patted it against the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of one's nose, center of one's forehead and chin) using my ring and index finger pinned together in repeated motions.  To set the glow completely and enhance my features just a BIT more, I brushed Becca's Champagne Pop on top of any areas RMS Beauty's Living Luminizer originally touched with my Mac Duo-Fibre 132 brush.

                         With all this glowing it's best to have your blush subdue yet luminous! My pick? Benefit's Dandelion Blush. This beautiful subtle pink fits an array of complexions, AND lasts all night long, how could ya' go wrong with that? With that being the case, taking my Makeup Geek Stippling Foundation Brush I lightly dusted the powdered blush from the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline in a few open ended sweeps.  Since the MUG Stippling Foundation Brush has  a rounded top, I swirled into Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory to set my skin and brushed it against all highlighting zones of my face! This yielded extra coverage, and a brightening effect.  As you can see from the photos above and to the right, the Fig makeup look fits with an array of lip colors! From metallic pink (Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color, Pink Wink 105), to subtle nude (Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lip Color, Darling Nude), there are endless options to choose from my loves. As a finishing touch I quickly sprayed the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray all over my face and was set for life...literally haha!
*Sugarpill's Burning Heart Pallet: Flamepoint (crease, lower lash line), Love+ (lid)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Unexpected (transitional shade); Drama Queen (inner v)
*Morphe Brushes Individual Eyeshadow Pan, Glamorous (inner third of lower lash line)
*Colourpop Gel Eyeliner, Maybe
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                             Red contrasts green, purple contrasts red, and green contrasts black...it's a whole style my friends, but fear not Lilz is here to save the day! Before reading the details, please take a peak at my step-by-step pictorials featured above this paragraph, it'll give you insight on the shadows used as well as HOW they were blended and WHERE they were applied.  I personally find pictorials too be the best for beginners and intermediate beauties as it makes complicated looks seem not so difficult after all!  Alrighty, let's get to business.  The first step includes defining your brows with an accurate hair match to your natural color, trust me this will impact the eye shadows drastically if the hair match is not exact, and to apply a milky white priming base this way the eye shadows appear vivid as opposed to with a nude base! I went for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn, and Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, both work beautifully together and are pretty self explanatory application wise (eyeshadow base blended across both lids, brow definer stroked softly against my brows).  Pulling out Sugarpill's Burning Heart Pallet, and taking mMorphe E22 Pointed Blender for a go, I brushed into Flamepoint (matte orange) and proceeded to softly easing it onto the outer third of my lid blending through my crease and finally smudging into the inner third of my lid, almost like a halo eye! For added dimension and a smooth transition into darker purple hues, I dug into Unexpected by Makeup Geek and once further blended it into my crease with side to side motions, this shade DID NOT take on the halo'ed effect. Be extremely careful when it comes to blending Drama Queen into the inner v of your eye, this shade is not a joke and can literally cause your whole eye to encompass purple...been there, done that! Switching to a precise blender, the M433 Morphe Brush, I VERY lighting tapped into Drama Queen, then proceeded to gently smudging it onto the inner V of my eye starting from the outer third of my lid blending up into my crease, as a guide I suggest following the natural creasing of your eye socket. In all honesty the hard part is over my loves, you survived the storm! From this point forth all that your pretty little heads will have to be concerned with is the lower lash line, lid shade, lashes, and eyeliner. Speaking of lower lash line, picking up my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender once more, I smudged Flamepoint across STOPPING at the inner third, picked up Glamorous eyeshadow by Morphe and smudged that right into the inner corners of my eye, makes for a beautiful hint of color! As far as the lid goes, with my ring finger I firmly smudged into Love+, then with downward stroked moving towards my upper lash line I dragged the shade across my lid-- pigment is key.

                                          Though eyeliner can seem tricky at times, as long as you have your style, rhythm, and beat, FOLLOW IT, simply use my steps and technique as a guide! For a defined upper lash line I took Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Pen Liner in Black and formed medium thick cat style winged lines extending out towards my hairline.  To achieve an "exotic" effect I sharply flicked the liner inwards toward my nose (triangle shapes) on the inner corners, this is better known as an "Egyptian Eye"! If perhaps you make a mistake, you can always pick up cream foundation, or concealer and with an angled brush clean harsh lines up, sorta like how people highlight their eyebrows nowadays :)!!! Fig's like any other fruit have hints of green from either their inside shell/outside shell, or their stems, naturally I had to incorporate this hue in my look. Whipping out Colourpop's Gel Eyeliner in Maybe, a vivid grassy green, I smudged it across my waterlines with a cleaned Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22, pigment build up was NOT necessary nor was a setting eyeshadow on-top!  Now onto the lashes.  I coated them several times using my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, mainly my lower lashes, then applied Huda Beauty's Classic Falsies in Scarlett, these have become my absolute faves! Hope you cuties enjoyed, I will be updated you ALL when the YouTube tutorial for my Matte Pin-Up tutorial goes up, kisses.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave