Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Doll Series: BARBIE'S Midge Hadley Fresh Faced Pink & Dark Brown Makeup Tutorial

                            I should've gone back to my natural hair color ages ago, it truly stunted my creativity and left options of interpretation minimal!  As being a lover of Barbie, yes I can watch EACH movie dating back to 06' numerous times over ( psst, Princess & the Pauper), and taking into consideration the hair change, I've decided to retire the "Barbie Series" I had running for quite few months and explore the many characters her universe withholds, as well as other doll types such as one of my fave's THE BRATZ.  These characters can spring as far from Skipper, too Jade and of course, MIDGE, Barbie's best friend! As a little back story, Midge was created to simmer down controversy as many felt Barbie was a sex symbol when she first debuted. Creators made her face sweeter, less angular, and toned down makeup wise, despite the body shape being identical too Babrie thus one could share clothes between the two toy dolls. It's only now they finally revamped her character and truly showed her stunning routes in a classy manner, not one that hinders beauty nor makes the doll frankly look like a burnt cheesenip! It's becoming highly annoying to me seeing all these Instagram photos essentially bashing the doll due to the unnatural proportions, yes, it's a doll, a fantasy, but did you EVER stop and wonder what the message is? Barbie can be a pilot, a veterinarian, EVEN a chef.  Correlating back too the Bratz dolls, they had their OWN fashion magazine, and their OWN business. IF you ask me, spend a little less worrying about the appearance my friends and more on the morals...isn't that what you please in the real world?

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 25 Minutes
Notes: Glowy Finish, Inspired, Classy, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Glamorous, Natural Lash Style

*NYX Cream Blush, Boho Chic
Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; One and a Half (1 1/2) Pump of Foundation; One and a Half (1 1/2) Pump of Primer
*Nars Multiple, Copacabana
*ABH Illuminator, Starlight
*KVD Shade+Light Pallet, Shadowplay (nose ONLY)
*Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream, Buenos Aries +  Antwerp

                             Life as Midge Hadley more than likely involves a fit for a princess skin care routine, and a lengthy hair care technique lasting grueling hours, but as they say, BEAUTY IS PAIN! The irony behind this is I actually skipped washing my skin during the early hours...instead I applied a sheer layer of my BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream to all zones of my face for a lifting surge of awareness, I find the lavender too be best for me in the morning hours. After give or take 3 minutes of allowing the light moisturizing cream to sink thoroughly into my pores, I created an even mixture ratio of one and a half (1 1/2) pumps of the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer, to one and a half pumps (1 1/2) of the Benefit Cosmetics Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Liquid Foundation in I'm Pure 4 Sure Ivory on the back of my hand. There truly is NO NEED to go the extra mile and blend the product together because as you gradually swoop the product off your hand it'll self meld, bristles do all the work! I personally prefer using a wide and fluffied based brush such as Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer simply because it gets the job done in less than a minute with even, and radiant coverage left behind that YOU control. Being I had the brush handy, I decided as a last minute call to swirl into Nyx's Cream Blush in Boho Chic and softly stipple it across my cheeks starting from the apples extending STRAIGHT out towards my hairline, and uplifted effect was NOT used here as per usual since the character's focus is a healthy glow! 


                           Speaking of healthy glows, once I had my blush fully blended, I smudged Nars's Copacabana Multiple Stick across the high points of my face, mainly on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose, then with my Mac 159 Duo-Fibre Blush Brush softly blended the shimmering pearl hue in with side to side motions. Too set this glow I dusted the Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight across the exact area's Copacabana originally touched! When recreating a doll, it's common sense some features must be smaller, this being my nose.  For a slight contoured effect I blended "Shadowplay" from the Kat Von D Shade and Light Pallet straight across the sides of my nose, THEN using my Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder I dusted from my under eye area inwards using a Sephora #74 brush too mellow out any harsh brown effects!  As far as the lips go, I first applied Antwerp across my lips as a pink base, and then for a coral toned hue applied Buenos Aries right on top, I think I got the lip colors almost identical to Midges'. Since a setting powder was already applied, I proceeded to spritzing on Mac's Prep + Prime Fix+ serum to not only prevent melting in the coming hours, but too brighten up my canvas, powders can dull complexions love bunnies!
*Morphe Brushes Singular Eyeshadow Pan(s):  Pretty in Pink ES57 (lid); Trouble (inner v)
*Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan(s): Unexpected (transitional); Corrupt (inner v, lower lash)
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Eyeshadow Pan, Touch of Lilac (inner corners)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
                      Pink and brown is a timeless combination that even I, Thaeyeballqueen, am taking on! Isn't it odd how in all the years I've done freelance makeup, none consisted of these colors? Anyhow, before applying any eye shadows I made sure to define my brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn, and I ensured to prime my lids using one of my favorite Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pots in Bare Study, please make sure when blended the product goes up towards your brow bones and under your lower lash lines this way pigment will be intensive from the start :). Finding the correct salmon like pink is quite the task but, that's why you loves have me! Taking Pretty in Pink eyeshadow by Morphe Brushes, I picked up my Mac 231 Brush and began patting the shade across my lids with soft yet firm motions. If you take a closer look at Midges eyeshadow, the black fades into a soft plumish grey, thus here is where Unexpected eyeshadow by Makeup Geek comes in handy (inside joke for people who've been following me for a year hehe)! Switching brushes to a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I lightly dabbed into Unexpected and proceeded to smoking it out into the creasing of my eye socket with side to side blending motions, this is the transitional shade so be sure to disburse OUTWARDS.  For added dimension and drama I took Trouble by Morphe and smudged it into the inner v of my eye using a M433 Morphe Brush, and brushed excess under my lower lash line! Try to stick with side to side motions that work softly into the inner v while following the NATURAL creasing of your eyes when you look up, naturally. The last crease shade added is Corrupt, how can ya' have a dark smokey eye WITHOUT the black?! Corrupt JUST like Trouble was smoked gently into my crease and softly across my lower lash line. If needed, brush through your crease once without any shadows to ensure an even blend is yielded!

                           About a year ago, I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Eyeshadow in Touch of Lilac.  It tis' a stunning light pink with purple reflects, but for MONTHS I kept calling it "Touch of Li"...whatever that means?! Thankfully I corrected myself overtime, but whew, could have told me lovies! Anyhow, the shade was applied on the inner corners of my eye to bring a brightened highlighted effect center of my face. For eyeliner I lined my upper lash line using my favorite Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Pen Liner in Black, then heavily smoked Mac Cosmetics Kohl Liner in Smolder across my waterline! Midge has some KILLER lashes, so to exemplify this I not only coated em' with Tarte's Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara in Black, but also enhanced em' with Kiss's Looks So Natural Lash Collection Falsies in Flirty, try to steer clear of spiked lashes, natural flares is your best bet. Hope you beauties enjoyed this tutorial, it surly was fun creating hehe XOXO! Till' next time my loves! Ooh, almost forgot-- IF you have any requests please let me know, I am happy to recreate your wildest of ideas, as long as it isn't evil, or doesn't have evil connotations. Also, as a reminder the giveaway will be ending in a few weeks, enter now: ASDM Beverly Hills X Thaeyeballqueen Giveaway!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave