Sunday, August 28, 2016

Disney's Princess Ariel Inspired Glittery Halloween Makeup Tutorial

                         Before typing out this blog post, I want to PERSONALLY thank each and every one of you who has come forth on your skin issues and left comments on the various ways you'd like me to help.  Besides the glorious praise and sweet doll like comments, the very fact you love bunnies feel comfortable enough to converse in fluent conversations with me is the cherry on my cake! Once again, THANK YOU, and guess what?! We've made it too 5K, woohoo!! Anyhow, if you recall a few months back I began a princess series that featured Princess Adora, and Rapunzel, tangled style. Since Ariel is certainly the most colorful princess around as her scheme contrasts vividly, I felt it was a good break from all the sultry pinks and metallic bronzes I had been experimenting with this week in particular! Now, when it comes to replicating a Disney character there are a few things you MUST keep in mind.  The first laying high as DO NOT strive to look exactly like these characters! Sure, a cosplay or replication through makeup is wonderful, but I am specifically aiming towards plastic surgery, its not natural.  The second being you MUST have a certain mind set in order too exude off certain tones! For example, while taking photos I made sure to think happy thoughts this way my eyes would appear larger, and the smile would be organic.  On the flip side, I also endured a mischievous appearance by furrowing my brows greatly and tilting my head to the side, thus forth mimicking Ariel's personality! Lastly, when replicating a Disney character, have fun with it. Just because Ariel wears natural makeup, doesn't mean you must as well, that's the beauty of interpretation. I hope you loves enjoy just as much as I did creating this tutorial!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 26 Minutes
Notes: Long-Wearing, GLITTERY & High Glowing Finish, Vibrant, Inspired, *Fall Out*

 Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; 1 1/2 Pumps of Primer, 1 Pump of Foundation
*Mac Cosmetics Blush, Well Dressed
*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlight, Pink Light
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid LipstickAmerican Doll
*Violet Voss Glitter, Rose 
                    Mermaids have always been a fascination of mine, it only was a matter of time before I took action! Prior to any makeup application I gently applied a sheer coating of my BodhiTreeNaturals Coconut Dry Face Cream to all zones of my face this way I was certain a clear, and smooth canvas awaited. Especially if you're planning on going out to a party for more than two hours (2 hours), WASH beforehand, you'll be surprised on what a difference it makes! Once I visibly saw the dry face cream sink into my pores I started forming an even ratio between my Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer and the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation this way in one even swoop I would yield a perfect complexion (1 1/2 pumps of primer, 1 pump of foundation-- I prefer a watered down sheer base). Mixing is unnecessary because if you use a dense bristled brush such as I did (Morphe M439) the product gradually melds together! With that being said, grabbing the product gradually from the back of my hand transferred onto the bristles of my brush, I began by stippling it from the center of my face blending out towards my hairline.  IF for any reason you need extra coverage ALWAYS work in light layers, or wait 1-2 minutes (one to two minutes) for the product to thicken, then apply just like a concealer, works eevvvverytime! For a light flush of color, I swirled into Well Dressed blush by Mac Cosmetics using a Sephora Collection #74 Brush WHILE my foundation was settling down and STIPPLED it from the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline.  If you have dry skin, using this method turns the powder into a cream, be sure to check out my recent in depth skin care video for more details, click me!

          A fish flopping out of water OBVIOUSLY is glowing due to the wet effect reflecting off of the sun...quite envious. A quick trick on achieving such a glow is by pairing a cream highlighter with a VERY pigmented creamy powder! I went with the Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in Pink Light, applied it to the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of chin/forehead), then dusted on my Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder in Grace using a Mac Duo-Fibre 159 Brush in two firmly stoked layers. Though the lips MIGHT seem complicated, they really aren't! I first applied the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in American Doll, then applied a sheer layer of my Too Faced Glitter Glue, and from that point using a cleaned ring finger patted Rose Glitter by Violet Voss across my upper and lower lip. By the time the glitter glue dries you should be able to smile, talk, eat, and practically enjoy life ;)! As far as setting goes, I dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face, those mainly being the under eye area and between one's cheekbone and natural jawline, then splashed on Mac's Fix+ to ensure a hydrated and luminous complexion would remain still throughout the day.
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Mermaid (lid, lower lash line); Carnival (crease, outer third of lower lash line); Curfew (inner v)
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pro Pallet Refill Pan(s): Kelly (center of lid, center of lower lash line); Pink Venus (inner corners)
*Violet Voss Cosmetics Glitter: Gabriella (ON TOP OF KELLY), Teresa (ON TOP OF MERMAID)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn
          Without the striking eye makeup, this look would be half mermaid, no pun intended! Just as always you can begin by defining your brows, or you can follow my lead and actually fill em' in later...worked better in my findings. Though primer is something EVERY beauty should incorporate in their makeup looks, miss thang ovah' here forgot, in this case branch off on your own, or once again, follow through with my direction! The first bunch of colors I began working with include Mermaid, Curfew, and Kelly by Makeup Geek, and Mac Cosmetics. As you might of guessed, each shade was brushed across my lower lash line following the order of blue>green>purple! Don't be shy on creating different finishes. I in fact sprayed my Mac 239 brush with Fix+ to dampen Mermaid eye shadow and form a more metallic foiled finish-- from that point I proceeded to patting it across the inner third of my lid with firm dragging and light up and down motions. Stopping midway, I smudged into Kelly eyeshadow and streaked it from the top of the center of my lid straight down to my upper lash line, by this point the lids and lower lash lines were set, on became a new challenge, the crease! Interestingly the crease includes TWO shades, nothing dramatic here as per usual. With that being the case, taking my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I swirled into Carnival by Makeup Geek and swished it throughout my crease using side to side blending motions. For a bit of extra depth since ALL eye makeup looks require a sense of dimension, I switched brushes to a Morphe M433 as well as shadows to Curfew, and began smudging the deeper plumish hue into the inner V of my eye socket with slight small circular blends! Please NEVER feel embarrassed about going back in and building up pigment, it's always best to start out small and work your way up. Going along with that concept, once Carnival and Curfew were blended beautifully, I brushed my Mac 224 across my upper crease to make sure an evenly disbursed blend was achieved.

             Juuuuust before you get carried away with glitter, be sure to apply a pink toned inner corner highlight such as Pink Venus by Mac Cosmetics! This happens to contain silver pearly pigments, thus making it HIGHLY reflective and extra stunning :). I actually also took care of my eyeliner BEFORE applying glitter by simply smudging Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across my waterline, and by applying Stila's Waterproof Stay All Day Liner in Black across my upper lash line HEAVILY to achieve "larger" eye socket frames! Do be noted a TON of glitter fall out occurred for me, even with a paper towel under my eyes to catch fall out, you might wanna' reconsider and do the eye makeup first, or be rebel such as I was and GO FOR IT, GIRL. Using a pea-sized amount of the Too Faced Glitter Glue poured onto my ring finger, exactly centered, I patted the product across BOTH my lids, and both my lower lash lines then quickly wiping that finger off and picking up my Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush, I started packing on Gabriella glitter onto any green areas, specifically those containing Kelly eyeshadow, and Teresa glitter onto any areas that happen to be blue, Mermaid eyeshadow by Makeup Geek! Once I had a desirable pigment build up goin' on, I SLOWLY removed the under eye guard, wiped away excess as best as I could and began dolling up my lashes using Tarte's Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara annnnnnddd *drum roll*, by applying my BRAND NEW KoKo Lashes in Marilyn.  Yup, my Lady Moss Beauty order finally pulled through, you may all commence clapping as you won't see Amore lashes 50 times over!

Hey loves, here is an update foooor you! The cosplay version, is of course, meant to directly resemble Ariel, as opposed to my Inspired look above. Hope you enjoy.

                        As always if you have further requests, or questions, you may private message me on Instagram, private email me at Thaeyeballqueen@gmail.com, or comment below. Have a lovely week ahead cuties XOXOX, Thaeyeballqueen, Lillee Jean Trueman!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave