Tuesday, August 23, 2016

DC Comics Barbara Ann Minerva Cheetah Halloween Makeup Tutorial

                                 Evvverryone chooses to be a hero for Halloween. Hero this, hero that. What about the villains? From Star Sapphire, to Phoenix, it always amazes me how many people are UNAWARE of these super villains....heck Cheetah is one of Wonder Woman's greatest foes, but sadly newer generations view Wonder Woman as just a beautiful las with jet black hair and a golden lasso. As some background knowledge for those interested in Minerva, there were TWO previous Cheetah's before her! Priscilla Rich, a 1940's-era blonde, her niece Debbie Domaine, and the newsiest edition Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva, a British archaeologist who in the comics ACTUALLY looks like a cheetah, in comparison too the originals of course.  The makeup in full, if you break it down only involves tricks of the flick in terms of eyeliner, and a correct skin tone match fit with adequate depth and dimension as what the animal, cheetah would have! Though it will take over an hour construction wise, I made sure to incorporate SETTING products that'll assure you lengthy wear time without smudging, or shifting.  As personally loving Cheetah's older costumes, I was surprised when I saw how in the 80's they completely transformed the character into a beast, she by far has caused the most problems globally...what's a kitty gotta' do for a little bling bling? Isn't it interesting how all this "war" has been caused all for Wonder Woman beauty and darn lasso?

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 1 Hour, 29 Minutes
Notes:,Long Wearing, HARD To Remove, Unique Color Scheme, Melt Proof, Matte Finish

BASE
*Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, 14 Ivory Medium  

DEPTH/CONTOUR
*KVD Shade+Light Pallet: Sombre, Lucid

DETAILS/GLITTER/GLOW
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
*Violet Voss Glitter, Copperella 
 *Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit: Dripping In Gold, Golden Bronze (That Glow Kit)

SETTING
                  First off, you can't be a Cheetah without the correct undertone and skin tone! To achieve a golden complexion, I first smudged Clinique's Chubby in the Nude Foundation Stick in Bountiful Beige across all zones of my face, and before blending the product in, poured a pump of the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation in 14 Ivory Medium onto Morphe's M439 Deluxe Buffer directly, to only began bouncing the product off my skin beginning from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead. It is extremely important finding a balance between peach undertones and golden beige hues, the last thing you'd want is too appear washed out due too cool tones! Be sure once you have coated your face completely, you begin blending down towards your neck and around your chest area.  Depending on if you're simply selfiying, OR actually cosplaying is how you should gauge the amount of product needed!  Getting liquids out of the way, I took one pump of my Bh Cosmetics Deep Ebony Liquid Foundation, and switching brushes too a more defining Elf Ultimate Blending Brush, I started disbursing the deep cool toned foundation under the entire perimeter of my chin, followed by a light brushing against any areas natural muscle definition yields (neck, collarbones, cheekbones). Cheetah has VERY defined muscles, even on her face since, helloo, Cheetahs are strong animals! Mimicking this closely, and setting the liquid foundation while doing so, I blended the shade Sombre from Kat Von D's Shade + Light Pallet onto the natural hollowing of my cheeks very lightly guided down to my chin, and on the sides of my nose followed by a light brushing under my chin and on my neck using a Tarte Swirl Powder Bronzer and Contour Brush.  Before setting the pallet down, I dusted Lucid highlighting powder across my under eye area, the tops of my collarbones, and down the bridge of my nose, this'll start creating that dimension we crave!  More than likely Minerva is not wearing blush, but hey, c'est la vie, why not be a Cheetah in style?! As a last minute endeavor I swirled Mac's Mineralized Skin Finish in Cheeky Bronze onto the apples of my cheeks moving up towards my hairline with a Pro Precision Blush Brush #73, this creates a glimmering yet warm toned hue that radiates through the other layers of makeup quite easily. Being this paragraph is ALL about the skin base, be sure to scroll all the way down towards the ending of this blog post since a photo with step by step pictorial representation is provided!

                      Putting the skin base on hold, I started forming tiny cheetah prints and glamming my eyes up using Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in Black Ink! In all honesty, cheetah prints vary, thus you can easily make them your own.  For example, no two cheetah is alike, thus you could add more half open circled spots onto your face than I did, or perhaps LESS, as long as you get your point across, that's all that matters!  The one thing I will direct you beauties on is you MUST outline your under nose area this way it portrays as a kitties nose, same follows with the lips, make sure they're a matte black, might I recommend Lime Crime's Black Velvet Liquid Lipstick ;)? When it comes to the eye makeup think of a series of large elongated wings, one a half inch away from one's natural outer third with a hardy thickness, and one under the lower lash line extending out towards one's tear ducts, and the other side out towards the hairlines. Tieing the eye makeup together is extremely simple, all you must do is coat your natural lashes with the mascara of your choice, mine being Tartes Lash Paint Mascara, and apply a set of dramatic falsies, of your choice, mine once again being KoKo's Amore lashes

                       By this point you should start working on a radiant glow, focus on the high points, those being mainly one's cheekbones, down the bridge of one's nose, and on the collarbones. I personally dusted a mixture of Dripping In Gold and Golden Bronze from Anastasia Beverly Hills That Glow kit across my cheekbones and slightly on the center of my forehead using a freshly cleaned Mac Duo-Fibre 159 brush! To intensify the glow I then began smudging Becca's Champagne Pop across those EXACT areas Dripping In Gold + Golden Bronze originally touched with the added exceptions of my chin, the ballpoints of my shoulders, and my brow bones. A Lillee without glitter is TRAGIC, so as per usual I dusted Copperella Glitter by Violet Voss across my chest and on my cheekbones using that same Mac Duo-Fibre 159 brush as used prior-- the glitter SHOULD naturally stick to your body as a ton of product creates a thick base of foundation, thus a well off sticky base for tiny reflective particles. Setting wise, I carefully dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across my jawlines, my under eye area, and on my chest! The trick when it comes to larger areas is to TAP the container then "shake" your body as this'll blend the product in gradually, and remove fly away glitters. Everything was topped off with a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray, PLEASE don't be shy when it comes to setting spray, you MUST ensure every angle, nook, cranny, you name it, is covered in this spray! Hope you loves enjoyed XOXO.
SaveSave