Friday, August 12, 2016

Blueberry Inspired Glittery Smokey Blue Makeup Tutorial | Fruit Series

                  Welcome back love bunnies! Hope all of you East and West coasters are having a wonderful Friday night, thank goodness it didn't rain during recording as natural lighting makes for the BEST and MOST accurate makeup photos and makeup videos. As per request I've taken on the "Blueberry" in correlation to my Fruit Series, of course! For those interested in executing this tutorial to the bare bone, be dually noted FALL OUT occurs everywhere, it's in your best interest to reverse your makeup order and complete the eye makeup first, although I savaged through and dealt with the mess.  Anyhow, on the ups my giveaway is still running, you beauties have until AUGUST 20th, 2016 to enter-- fret not, you have nada to lose, by entering with the 5 others so far you stand the chance to win FREE highly effective spa quality facial products, click these links for details, one is a review and live demonstration on my sensitive skin, the other is giveaway deets: ASDM Beverly Hills Skin Care Products Review & Demo; ASDM Beverly Hills X Thaeyeballqueen Skincare Products GIVEAWAY!! On the downs....THERE ARE NO DOWNS, sike hehe.  The funny part about this tutorial is my mom dressed me up as a blueberry many Halloweens ago, she was pulled over in a good way when I told her about this look; I believe I am quite delectable ;)! Let's get into the tutorial cuties, the YouTube video posting will be delayed a day this way I can edit thoroughly and most of all RELAX a few hours.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 32 Minutes
Notes: VERY Dewy Finish, Glittery, Fallout, Long-Lasting, Melt Proof, Fruit Series, Glamorous

*Mac Powder Blush, Well Dressed
*Nars Multiple, Copacabana 
*ColourPop Cosmetics Highlighter, Stole the Show

                  Starting from the wheeeee beginning, I woke up in a cranky mood. Yay.  Then, I had the sudden thought of, "oh YAY, I get to create my blueberry look for my bunnies", and going downhill from there Version decided too dig holes everywhere, woohoo! Though complaining is not in my nature, it is HIGHLY annoying hearing loud noises while trying to gracefully tell your fans, " HELLO, EV...ERRY....ONEEE....I COME FROM...PLANET....Lillee :)"! Anyhow, I decided to skip the face cleansing and dig right into the bulk of today's tutorial, no pun intended.  The best way to go about factors such as this is amping up the amount of primer you use and choosing one with refreshing qualities such as the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer!  I personally find two pumps the best and enjoy applying it starting from the center of my face massaging out towards my hairline, making sure to cover EVERY angle, contour, and skin based area of my face for even wear time. For foundation I chose my favorite Make Up Forever Ultra Hd Invisible Foundation in the shade 117 Marble, and using a pump and a half (1 1/2) of product poured onto the back of my hand, I picked up the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush and softly disbursed the product onto my skin starting from my chin working clockwise up towards my right cheek.  When extra coverage was needed, I waited around two minutes for the foundation to thicken on the back of my hand, then with dotting motions applied it to areas of concern, this in my opinion works BETTER than concealer let alone!  

                  Normally I steer clear of powder blushes, but Mac's Well Dressed truly had me at Dressed.  Picking up my Pro Small Blush and Contour Brush by Sephora, I firmly swirled into the product and brushed it against my cheeks starting from the apples moving up toward my hairline! Being I prefer a dewy foundation effect, thus no drying time, I began STIPPLING the blush against my cheeks THEN softly swished it back and forth, this helps build over previous coverage rather move it around and shift the work already done. For a beautiful glowy effect I smudged Nars's Multiple stick in Copacabana across the high points of my face (cheek bones, bridge of nose, center of forehead/chin, cupid's bow), blended it in with an E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush, then applied the ColourPop Cosmetics Highlighter in Stole the Show right on top of any areas Copacabana originally touched! If you desire a more dewy effect spray Fix+ onto the bristles of your brush and go from there, works eeevvvvverytime cuties, you just must watch your application as too much glow isn't pretty to one's eyes either. I have been dying to use my Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in Georgie Girl, so as ya' mighta' guessed, on it went! Too have a multi-dimensional shine I applied the Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Just A Glimmer onto Georgie Girl, the violet reflects accent blue eyeshadow well. As far as setting my skin goes I firmly PUSHED my Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in the shade 1 Warm Ivory onto any highlighting zones of my face, those being mainly the under eye area and sides of my nose, then sprayed on the Mac Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ onto all zones of my face! This my friends, is assured wear time, and ironically it all feels lightweight.
*Urban Decay Vice 3 Eyeshadow Pallet: Freeze (lid); Heroine (inner v); Revolver (inner v); Bobby Dazzle (inner corners)
*Makeup Geek Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pan, Boo Berry (transitional, lower lash)
*Bh Cosmetics Glitter Collection, Sapphire (lower lash, center)
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
 
                Before you look through the product list, look up at the eye makeup fully, then look back at the product list, RELAX! It is my belief any beauty out there can fully complete this glitter delight in a trip shot. First off, good brows are the foundation to any eye framing look! I personally prefer using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn as it creates easily sculpted brows in no time, even beginners can use this bad boy!! Whenever you have extremely bright pigments it's always best aiming for white bases, or EXTREMELY tacky nude bases this way you don't have to go the extra mile of constantly packing pigment on. My pick? The Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk! This product is phenomenal and beyond creamy, in fact all ya' have to do is smudge it onto the center of your lids and gradually blend it out up towards your brow bones and lower lash lines.  Here is where it might become a tad complicated-- the first eyeshadow color applied to my lids is Freeze from the Urban Decay Vice 3 Pallet.  Using the fluffy shader side of my Smashbox Full Exposure brush, any eyeshadow shader will do, I softly patted the color across my lids in firm con-formative packing motions ensuring the color remained on my lids only, not near my crease! Then taking Boo Berry by Makeup Geek Cosmetics, I picked up my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender and swished it throughout my crease with fluent side to side motions, be sure to evenly disburse this shade out as it's the transitional hue.  Moving back towards the UD Vice 3, I switched brushes to a more defining M433 Morphe Brush, then swirled into Heroine, a deep matte navy! The color was applied into the inner v of my eye with slight smudging motions, be sure to start from the outer third of your lids and work your way inwards to achieve the smokiest effect possible.  Before moving any further I took the Mac 224 Tapered Blending brush and swirled through my crease TWICE to ensure a perfect blend was achieved, no shadow was used to blend as I know some bloggers do this! Settling the crease in, I finally applied Revolver into the inner v of my eye as well, this REALLY made the look "pop" and stand out, be sure to manipulate this shade in a way you use less product, then more. 

                       Trust me, the hard part is over, now it tis' time to glitterize!! Taking my Mac 231 brush I began by FIRST smudging Boo Berry onto my lower lash line followed by Heroine onto the outer third for depth and dimension.  Wetting the same brush with Fix+ by Mac, I dug into Bobbie Dazzle and proceeded to apply it onto the inner corners of my eye-- work fast as we want the brush too still be wet! Now taking a lump sum of Sapphire by Bh Cosmetics, I swiftly applied it to my ENTIRE lid with a pinch of Teresa glitter by Violet Voss succeeding it closer to the inner corners of my eye, no glitter base was needed, the power of Fix+ ;). Be sure to play up on the eyeliner, this means VERY smoked out effects, no ifs ands or buts missy's! I went with the Mac Cosmetics Creme Eyeliner in standard black accompanied by a Mac 242 Shader brush simply because it is easily to manipulate thickness wise and glides over glitter particles in a whip! If you take a more in depth look at the closeup images provided above you shall see I focused on mainly smoking Standard Black across my waterline and flicking it out across my upper lash line.  The final steps include smudging Tarte's Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara across your luscious lashes, and topping things off with your favorite falsies, mine being KoKo Lashes in Amore! The spikier and denser the better.  That's it for now love bunnies, hope you enjoyed, kisses XOXO!