Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Maraschino Cherry Inspired Red Glittery Makeup Tutorial | Fruit Series

                              Maraschino cherries are one of the most delicious fruits around.  With such intricate flavors bursting into one's mouth with each bite, I just knew this was the next look in my Fruit Series I had to complete! As you beauties know each tutorial I publish has some prior done research...a quick fact to know is cherries CAN BE poisonous.  Apparently, if you eat the pits small bouts of Cyanide they can be fatal, however luckily our bodies are equipped to deal with detoxifying factors, whew! Anyhow, this is my interpretation of how a black cherry would translate in the makeup world.  Very sensual, dramatic, and alluring, how much sexier can it get than that?! A few things I will say before getting straight into details is the eye makeup IS VERY tricky, you must have a light hand yet a firm touch, all will be explained fret not, just you must listen, or read, closely. By the way love bunnies, I have started a new GIVEAWAY, details to this giveaway have been posted previously to my blog, and to my Instagram! Everything including shipping will be payed for via ASDM Beverly Hills, what do ya' have to lose? Here is a quick link that'll redirect you straight to the blog post: ASDM Beverly Hills X Thaeyeballqueen Skin Care Products GIVEAWAY!

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 32 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Natural Finish, Long Lasting, Expert Level

One Pump; Beauty Blender Pro
*Nars Blush: Goulou; Miss Liberty

                                       For today your Lilz decided to invest in a full day skin care treatment! This included Neutrogena's Ultra Light Cleansing Oil, and the ASDM Beverly Hills Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum.  As you beauties know I am iffy when it comes to skin care, which is ironic since I consistently tell each and everyone of you "WASH BEFORE APPLICATION". Some days I go full blown cleansing, and others I just splash a few pounds of water on my face...saying pounds lightly, or am I?! Though I could come up with the excuse of, "my skin changes day by day; some days it needs extra hydration, other days it requires alone time", I shant.  Instead I simply cleaned my skin using Neutrogena's Ultra Light Cleansing Oil (one pump) to remove excess oils and dirt underlying on my skin,  and set it using the ASDM Beverly Hills Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum (half a pump, spread evenly across all zones of face). Being Hyaluronic Acid has a lower molecular level than actual facial oil, it absorbs quicker and DEEPER into one's pores thus leaving no wait time given, with ease I moved onward to the priming stage! Using exactly TWO pumps of the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and one pump of Becca's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme Foundation in my shade Sand placed on the back of my hand, I picked up my freshly dampened Beauty Blender Pro and using the tip softly blended the mixture together. From this mixture I began bouncing the product off my face starting from my left cheek working clockwise up towards my forehead-- areas requiring extra coverage were handled with light layers to ensure even coverage! Do be noted creme foundations are VERY difficult to work with.  It is your best bet to either add a watery/creamy primer, OR oil based serum! Anyhow, once the foundation was set and fully applied I switched tools to the Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush and swirled into Nars's Blush in Goulou.  This shimmering delight PERFECTLY accents the red tones present as it's reddish berry nature can be amped up from sheer to full blown color! I personally prefer applying any blush product from the apples of my cheeks swishing up towards my hairline to create the illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones and a flattering wash of color.

                        As far as highlighter goes, I firmly brushed Benefit's High Beam Liquid Face Highlighter onto the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, center of forehead and chin), then using a cleaned ring finger patted the product in with light upward strokes! Please be aware the way you blend is MORE IMPORTANT than your placement-- blending downwards will detract light elsewhere; blending upwards will form an uplifted effect detracting light towards the center of your face; blending side to side will create a muddy appearance. I normally would set this using a powder, but I felt the goal here is to have a clear natural looking radiance, no extra work was needed! For the lippies I applied Besame's Classic Color Lipstick in Cherry Red, then Lime Crime's Carousel Lipgloss in Candy Apple for a beautiful brightened shine. The makeup depicted above is moreover meant to be photographed, or worn to special events! That means you MUST have equipped a setting powder, and setting spray.  I chose the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray specifically because the duo locks ANY amount of makeup in place for hours on end until you're ready fro removal! Just incase you're unsure where the powder should go, I applied Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder under my eyes in extended triangles, on my jawlines with smooth blending motions (softens the blush up), and on my forehead/chin with a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 Brush to ensure shine is completely out of the picture. 
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: Auburn; Caramel (cut crease line)
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Single Eyeshadow(s): Love+ (inner third); Bulletproof (outer third, wing)
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow, Asylum (lower lash line)
*Violet Voss Glitter, Rose Glitter (inner third)
*Bh Cosmetics Glitter Collection, Deep Red (mid lid)
Applied With Finger
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                          Aside from the Fruity collection of tutorials I have in store for you love bunnies, the best part about this series in particular is EACH makeup look has an assured step-by-step pictorial included with it, thus making it easier to complete for ALL skill levels! Although I believe my way of describing things makes the overall objective at hand simple, I do know sometimes the simplicity of "create a curved cut crease lined connect it to the outer third of your lid" can translate much harder when actually forming the lines. Speaking of cut crease lines, after filling in my brow with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn, I switched to the shade Caramel which has more taupey notes to it, and starting from the inner third of my lid began lining upwards following the natural curvature of my crease, try to stay an inch above at best! From this upward flicking I formed a cut crease line and ATTACHED it to the outer third of my lid, it should look like a HUGE cat wing waiting to filled in, view photo one for reference. You can use primer if you'd fancy, but I chose to just apply the shadow, a glitter base would come in a few steps anyway! With that being said, picking up my Mac 242 Shader Brush, I smudged into Love+ by Sugarpill and firmly applied it onto the inner third of my lid basing my direction off of the outline my cut crease held to ensure my lines remained clean cut. For a gradience of color, I switched to 'Muse' by Lime Crime and with side to side blending motions eased the shade onto the center of my lid irking towards the outer third! As for the outer third, the most IMPORTANT part, I began with a light layer of Bulletproof eyeshadow and softly outlined the winged part in a small triangle formation.  Once I had the triangle formation and firm outline completed, I began packing pigment up with once more, side to side blends recommend this way a fully transition of black to red is completed! 

                           By this point I'd suggest you beauties let the crease be and start working on the lower lash line + glitter.  First off, with the Mac 231 Brush I HEAVILY smudged Asylum loose eyeshadow by Sugarpill Cosmetics across my lower lash line, to have a light color towards the inner corners simply apply water to intensify the metallic nature of this pigment! Moving back above, I took a pea-sized amount of my Too Faced Glitter Glue and began patting it onto the inner third of my lid blending out towards the center.  Using a cleaned finger, I started to pat heavy amounts of Rose Glitter by Violet Voss onto the inner third of my lid gradiating into Deep Red glitter by Bh Cosmetics-- using a gradience in glitter tones will continue the dramatic and depth ridden effect, build until your heart desires!  Picking up my Mac 242 Shader Brush once more, I dipped it into a sanitary bottle of water, that means NEVER been opened, and swirled it into Mac's Creme Liner.  Once the product was fully activated I smudged the liner onto my waterline for a smoked out effect, then applied it onto my upper lash line.  Be sure that the winged flick matches your drawn cat wing triangle formation from earlier!  With such a dramatic look you MUST have spiky lashes, to get this effect I coated my natural lashes with Tarte's Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara, then applied my all time favorite Huda Beauty False Eyelashes in Scarlett. Hope you beauties enjoyed, love you all, XOXO!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave