Saturday, July 30, 2016

Watermelon Inspired Vibrant Glittery Green & Pink Makeup Tutorial | Fruit Series


                     After a while, us makeup artists get ART BLOCK, ironic isn't it?! Not for this beauty blogger however, wink wink. Today marks the first tutorial from my "Fruit Series", Watermelon inspired naturally because WATERMELONS ARE AMAZING and my all time favorite fruit to munch on. I am one to search through Google prior too doing a look this way I can be ensured blind copying from another artists' work is outta' the picture! From my findings, the typical "Watermelon" tutorial has the spectrum pinkish red with green accents (mine is green with pinkish red accents), features seed details, and is less on the "wearable" side as compared to my final product. Though I fully support all artwork and encourage you beauties to switch it up, I truly feel my combination is the most unique and separates from the bunch as I leaned towards pastel tiffany blues and electric magenta pinks! I can't wait to see your reactions as ALL of you have been beyond supportive these past few weeks, hugs and kisses XOXO.  If you fancy this series, feel free to comment below a few "fruits" you'd like me too replicate, Lillee style, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube as well for sneak peaks and full blown tutorials (scroll down for the quick links, or look towards the right side bar of my blog)! Oooh lastly I would like to add that the eye makeup is VERY easy to complete, especially for intermediate makeup lovers, just have a few blending brushes prepared and freshly washed.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 27 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Glittery, Long Lasting, Glowy Finish, Vibrant, Colorful, EASY to Complete

*Stila Watercolor BlushWater Lily

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                        Watermelons happen to be one of the sweetest and freshest of fruits.  Going along that concept, your skin should follow the same path! Wether you invest in tons of skincare products, or use a simple gentle cleanser daily, removing excess oils and dirt PRIOR to makeup application can actually benefit your skin more than the reverse.  Since my skin is highly irritated from a slight hormonal break out, once again I opted in for using the Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil! If you review my previous tutorial I described a wide range of benefits the cleansing oil yields, as well as oils in general-- I have been quite cautious however on the amount I use oil wise as it MIGHT clog your pores, like anything else.  With that being said, I massaged my skin with the Neutrogena Cleansing Oil, washed it off with luke warm water, and gently pat dried my face, no finishing creams used because my primer happens to be a moisturizer built into one! Marc Jacobs SCORES one-hundred (100) times over with his Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer.  As being one who suffers from sporadic dryness, this baby goes through it all...even oily textures, my friends! With exactly a pump of the product onto the back of my hand, AND a pea-sized amount of L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation, I picked up my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush and first mixed the two formulas together, then firmly began stippling the dewy texture onto my skin, starting from the center moving out towards my hairline.  I noticed L'Oreal's Infallible line is VERY popular...just not by me in all honesty. I truly feel the product is NOT worth the hype as literally no coverage is yielded, you must build it up profusely, and the glow factor isn't all that great...not to mention the range of colors is hideous, 201 is LIGHTER than me and leans slightly pink toned. Seeeee this is why you beauties should read my blog posts from the top, to the bottom! You miss out on my personal reviews, not worth separate blog posts.  

                         When I think of watermelons I feel the complexion should be prim and proper, no bronzer, no contour, just clear glimmering porcelain doll skin! Switching to a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 brush I softly pushed into the netting of Stila's Watercolor Blush in Water Lily, then proceeded to downward stoking it onto my cheeks starting from the apples moving up towards my hairline. Despite what people might think, blush is just as good as a deep contour, it gives depth and dimension to one's face through the aspects of flushed skin--- oh and by the way, the hollowing of my cheeks is just my face.  I have deep dimples, this is in reply to those who say I "over contour", even though I DONT CONTOUR PERIOD, and to those who say "she sucks in her cheeks"...jealously kills loves, jealousy kills.  For a bit of radiance I picked up Cover Fx's Enhance Click Illuminator in the shade Bubbly, and firmly smudged it across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow of lips, forehead, chin); the cream product was enhanced and "set" with a light dusting of Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Luminous.  I suggest wetting your brush FIRST before dusting on the shimmering powder as it'll yield a more reflective finish! As far as the lips go I coated them twice in Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor, then took my Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder, dusted along the highlighting points of my face (under eyes, t-zone, chin, jawlines) annnnnnnnd finished off with a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray.
*Morphe Single Eyeshadow Pan(s): Nature's Calling (lid, transitional shade); Breakfast At Tiffaneez (outer third of lid, inner third of lid, lower lash); Tokyo Tea (center of lid, center of lower lash line)
*Bh Cosmetics Glitter Collection, Lime Green
*Colourpop Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner: Boots (center of waterline), Teaspoon (outer third of waterline, inner third of waterline)
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                                   I do apologize for the lack of photos, I exerted every inch of my effort on forming the comprehensive pictorial above...oopsie?! You beauties told me you prefer the pictorials, and I shall be certain to deliver each time I publish a NON-YouTube makeup tutorial.  Anyhow, just as exemplified with the very first photo to your left, I began by defining my eyebrows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn AND prepping my eyelids with my Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study!  Do be noted the primer you choose should either be pearlescent and sheer in hue, OR a flat white such as Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  The goal here is to achieve the MOST pigmented shadow effects possible without a ton of shadow used...it can get quite annoying building up pigment on your 11th try, better safe than sorry! Speaking of eyeshadow, the first color up is Nature's Calling by Morphe Brushes. Taking my fluffy blender, M433 Morphe Brush, I softly swirled into the deep green and proceeded to buffing it across my lids up into the creasing of my eye socket, this will act as a lid AND transitional shade for the colors to come! If you take a view at image 3, you shall see the final product of blending Breakfast At Tiffaneez onto the outer third of my lid and inner third (halo formation, try following the natural creasing of your eye socket for the best results), and taking Tokyo Tea eyeshadow straight down the center of my lid (firm drags down towards the upper lash line will yield the most pigmented effects)...later both shades were softened under my lower lash line for a reverse gradience.

                              The next few steps will require some patience and coordination skills! Why you might ask? Well simply put, a switch up of colors occurs systematically in one straight shoot. For example, after applying Bh Cosmetics Lime Green Glitter onto Tokyo Tea eyeshadow, no glitter adhesive needed, I picked up Boots liner by Colourpop and FIRST smudged it onto the center of my waterline and finished with Teaspoon lining the outer third and inner third of my waterline...it can get confusing for some, take your time, at first as a habit I smudged Boots straight across my waterline-- point is accidents happen! As far as the upper lash line eyeliner goes, I first thickly winged both with Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Temptation using a Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22 , two coatings were needed, then switching brushes FLICKED Tokyo Tea eyeshadow out as a "double" wing effect, a touch of glitter was added for a sparkly effect. Too finish things up, I coated my lower lashes ESPECIALLY with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, and sealed the deal with Huda Beauty's Scarlett falsies, these are absolutely beautiful by the way! Incase you were wondering, to the left is some color inspiration, it's Lush's Guardian of the Forest bath bomb, my fave, hehe.  Hope you cuties enjoy and are fond of my fruit series, cheers :). 
SaveSave