Monday, July 11, 2016

Vintage Grunge Halo Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                      When is the perfect time to be a timeless grungy vintage beauty? IF you were expecting an actual time frame, NOW... HELLO, if you were expecting the UN-obvious answer, the answer is still along the guidelines of unleash your inner vixen...now... hello :). Welcome back my beauties, I hope all of you had an excellent weekend! Monday's can be quite the struggle, especially those days that turn Tuesdays into Mondays and practically the rest of the week into Mondays, Lillee's fix? Besides a minor tease of MY OWN cosmetics line I am working towards perfecting (launching in two years from now) on my newest tutorial, I find honing my inner vintage muse the best at lifting my spirits. There is something undoubtedly timeless about classic beauties such as Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Veronica Lake, and Lauren Bacall! While copying their looks is not something I preach for as we ALL are unique in some way, shape, and form, mimicking their confidence is one I will say, "MIMIC AWAY".  Point is today's look is a mash up of time periods straggling through from the roaring 20's (smokey deep eyeshadow) to the in my opinion elegant 40's-50's (pouty lips, defined brows, creamy skin), with a modern almost 90's touch using chocolate brown lipstick! You will be PLEASED to know the face makeup used is very minimal as I wanted to test out my new highlighter I bought from Easy a few days back, as you beauties know I am lately all for the "natural skin shinning through" effect.

**TUTORIAL GOING UP TUESDAY JULY 12, 2016**
**TOP 10 BLUSH COLLECTION GOING UP WEDNESDAY JULY 13 2016**

  Recent Tutorials

*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Contour & Highlight Duo, LIGHT
*BEAUTYBARBABY Glamorous Life Highlighter PRESSED (sold out)
*Make Up Forever Pro>Bronze Fusion, 10M Natural Matte Honey
*Dose Of Colors Liquid Lipstick,  Chocolate Wasted

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                     Covering up breakouts, especially those with a dry patch like textures, can be quite the toughie! From using globs of foundation to massive amounts of creamy concealers, I am here to say STOP, there are better ways of doing things.  I for example have a terrible hormonal acne situation going on with my upper forehead! If you're unaware, hormonal acne is moreover caused from one's menstrual cycle or in some cases a misbalance between hormones, thus making them DIFFICULT to handle since these little suckers are internal breakouts! During this time one's skin is uber sensitive, so I prefer using a gentle alkaline type cleanser such as Neutogena's Ultra Gentle HYDRATING Cleanser.  I actually bought this a few days ago and already I am quite impressed! The foamy nature scrubs away excess dirt, oils, and makeup from previous looks while unveiling a baby soft skin texture, as an added bonus redness is soothed due to aloe properties as well.  After any washing I enjoy applying one beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil to all zones of my face with gentle smoothing in motions, this oil in particular helps retain moisture (dry patches from acne hehe) AND preserve a youthful appearance by helping wrinkles, and firmness struggles! Being the Fresh Seaberry oil absorbs instantly into my pores I moved right along to the first step which happened to be priming, yes today unlike my last tutorial we shall prime away ;).  Using my cleaned ring finger AND my Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, I gently took a fingertip sized amount of product and began dashing it across the high points of my face, this method reserves the primer! Once I had an even layout (cheekbones, bridge of nose, forehead, chin) I firmly "moisturized" the product into my skin mimicking the same methods used prior in my oil stage. Gahhh, I cannot get enough of L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in the shade W2! The formula is absolutely groundbreaking and revolutionized the way I MAKE UP as it taught me more is less. Anyhow, I fancy the sponge like applicator given with the product, so using the powder puff I gently bounced the foundation against my skin starting from my right cheek moving counter clock wise up toward my forehead, if needed you can build-up the coverage!  From this point forth I picked up my Revlon Insta-Fix Photoready Contour Stick in Nude and HEAVILY streaked it onto any highlighting zones, and zones needing a wee-bit more coverage-- do keep in mind the product is MY SKIN TONE, no contouring was done loves, not quite into it anymore! For blending purposes I took my freshly cleansed Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer and softly buffed in the creamy stick foundation with light pressurized stipples, take your time when it comes to blending cuties.  IF you realize extra coverage is needed, simply blend the product at hand in, THEN re-apply, trust me with creams you don't wanna' mess around!

              Choosing a blush hue was surprisingly VERY difficult.  Especially with a dark smokey eye contrasting off deep chocolate lips, you want to ensure your cheeks still POP without overpowering the other shades at hand! Since I adore Sephora's Blush Me in the color All Smiles (expect my Top 10 Favorite  Blushes video in two days) I decided to just go for it, mind you coral's can be tricky. Smudging the rounded tip onto my cheeks, specifically from the apples up to my hairline, I applied two thick streaks! From those streaks I picked up my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and stippled the product in following that same curved path to emphasize my cheekbones immensely. It is beyond exciting when you're getting closer to the glow step, YAY! Anyhow to warm my skin up just a bit, not to the point where it's harsh or can be called a contour, I took my Make Up Forever Pro>Bronze Fusion gel powder in 10M honey and with my Mac 168 softly blended it onto the hollows of my cheeks going up towards my hairline and down to my jawline, excess product was taken onto the sides of my nose. NOWWWW to the glow section! Using a super tiny drop of Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana, I evenly disbursed the product onto the high points of my face with a tiny E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush, don't be taken back by the size of this beauty, it tis' superlative to larger duo-fibre brushes.  To top off the pearly sheen and test out this AMAZING vegan product by BeautyBarBaby, I dusted Glamorous Life across the exact zones Copacabana originally touched with my Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush, let me tell ya' this product is SUPERIOR to other expensive brands! Everything was sort of on fast forward from the highlighting zone onward.  For example, right after the eye makeup was completed I glammed up my lips with Dose Of Colors Chocolate Wasted Liquid Lipstick and YSL's Gold gloss, and set my skin using the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder + Elf's Setting Spray!
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Creme Brulee (transitional shade 1); Bitten (inner V 1)
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Eyeshadow Pallet: Hot Chocolate (inner third, outer third 1); 
*Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Pan(s): Stunner (inner and outer third, lower lash line 2)
*Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet: Cocoa Chili (center of lid); Licorice (eyeliner)
*BEAUTYBARBABY Glamorous Life Highlighter PRESSED (center of lid, inner corners)
 *Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
              Creating an intensive smokey eye once in a while is purely amazing as it tests your blending skills, capability of colors, AND bravery of contrasting hues! From beet red to shimmering gold, it can easily be said Lilz over here had a BLAST (when it comes to dark colors my blending is quick, thus this smokey eye took 12 minutes total), please read carefully and without a doubt I guarantee you will too :). First off, with any dramatic eye makeup look eyebrows are an absolute must! Wether you choose soft arches or dramatic triangle shapes, definition is needed. I went for my typical Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel simply because it is a quick mechanism to handle and get's the job done, spoolies and all!  AS far as an eyeshadow base goes, view the screenshot to your left, I used a variety of two contrasting shades; black & white. Why you might ask? Concisely put the white acts as a shadow brightener for the "colorful" hues, and the black acts as a strong base for the deep shadows forming a beautiful halo eye effect on my lids. Anyhoooo, once my brows were completed I smudged on Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across both my lids and blended the thick creamy white up towards my brow bones and under my lower lash line using my ring finger! Then, using a lipstick brush by Sephora (apart of a 2013 Christmas set) I dipped into Nyx's Black Eyeshadow Base and "outlined" my lids followed by a thorough filling in using firm patting motions. Be sure to NOT mix anything with this black eyeshadow base, that means when the first crease shade arrives work slightly and cautiously, this must not blend out! Speaking of the first crease shade, Creme Brulee by Makeup Geek a beautiful sandy shade with a soft matte finish was VERY lightly eased into my crease using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush.  I find using the fluffier blending brushes with light pressure (almost dusting across) BEST when it comes to wanting a light transitional hue! To begin adding decent pigment to my crease I switched my fluffy blender to a M433 Morphe Brush and trasntioned into 'Bitten' by once more, Makeup Geek. The rustic red was softly blended into the inner V of my eye socket, this time around BEING ABLE to blend in with Nyx's Black Eyeshadow Base; try working from the outer corner of your lid and dragging the shadow at hand into the inner third!  Due to Bitten leaning slightly purple depending on the array of colors chosen in total, I decided to pick up Muse by Lime Crime's Venus Pallet and gently dust over Bitten with soft circular blends-- try to keep em' light and fluffy.

                       Things can a tad tricky from this point forward, halo eye's can either be someone's passion or another's kryptonite! Rather confusing a bunch of your beauties I opted in for TWO different halo definition shades: Hot Chocolate from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Pallet, and Stunner singular eyeshadow from Morphe Brushes-- gradience is KEY. Using a flat shader brush, Mac 239, I picked up Hot Chocolate and PATTED the medium brown onto the inner and outer third of my lids, at this point just focus on building up pigment rather a soft blend! To deepen up the color I then took Stunner and with that E22 blender (no longer sold) used previously swished the hue across the outer and inner third of my lids AVOIDING the center, this color doesn't take much to disburse SO watch closely at your maneuvers. Weirdly enough Cocoa Chili from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet applies best with a super fluffy blending brush...not a defining eyeshadow brush, ironic, but the glitter flecks come out best this way!  With that being said, taking advantage of the rounded fluffy bristles my M433 Morphe Brush has, I smudged and sculpted in Cocoa Chili right onto the center of my lids.  For added glitz and glam I went back into my highlighter used earlier and applied it to the CENTER of my lid as well as the inner corners too. Easily said, the reaming colors on that M433 brush which more than likely consist of Stunner and Cocoa Chili by this point I HEAVILY smudged it across my lower lash line! Being this was NOT deep enough for me, I then switched to my Mac Kohl Liner in Smolder and smudged it across both my waterlines and my lower lash lines followed by a finger smudging to blend the product out fully.  I truly wasn't up to give myself dramatic eyeliner wings, so with my Morphe G11 brush I smudged on 'Licorice' eyeshadow until I had a matte black defining line going across both my eyes! For the lashes try to be as EXTREME as possible, in of course a wearable manner.  This means smoke up your natural lashes using your favorite mascara, mine being the Too Faced Better Than Sex, and apply your favorite dramatic falsies, mine being KoKo lashes in Amore!  Stay tuned for the video tutorial my loves, it'll be posted in day from now along with another surprise video.  DO be noted on Wednesday nothing shall be airing as I will be getting my hair re-done all day, thus if you have an urgent message go through my personal e-mail: lilztrueman418@gmail.com, I will reply within 1-2 hours!

SaveSave