Sunday, July 24, 2016

Vibrant Vampy Ocean Grape Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                         Although you beauties seem moved by all the warm toned looks I have taken on these past few days, it's time to break the ice...literally, with a smokey blue eyeshadow look hindering notes of grape and a dash of deep red on the lips!  Who says red heads can't wear color?! Obviously not me, however I noticed MANY people with vibrant hair colors have trouble wearing bright pops of color, especially those that are primary and overpower each other. Today I will elaborate on a few concepts to manipulate color and on how to create this dashing late-night smokey eye look, please be aware ANYONE can pull this off, it's not just subject to redheads, people of my skin tone nor people of my eye coloring! Now that we understand each other, I hope everyone's weekend was AMAZING...we're including Monday in this, since Monday's can be SUCH a draggggggg. Anyhow, have your blending brushes prepared, and be aware on the fact from two week ago forth (in case you haven't noticed, or checked out my blog posts) the amount of face products used fluctuate BUT do not involve the methods of contouring, nor baking.  For full details on WHY I eliminated these beauty "tricks" from my tutorials visit my Instagram page and click on the "honey mask" photo, @thaeyeballqueen

*Hourglass Ambient Bronzer, Luminous Bronze Light
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 
*Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick,  Merlot + Tarte Tartiest Creamy Matte Lip Paint, HANGRY

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                 Honey masks are more relaxing than you might think...they also work as an amazing hair remover...IF you use the product correctly anddddd don't end up eating half your face! I myself am guilty for sticking my tongue out and slipping up the dripping honey, oops...terribly NOT sorry, hehe.  Prior to actually applying my makeup and recording my rant video, which shall be posted Monday night, I decided to be avant guard and use one of my FAVORITE all natural, cruelty free products, HONEY.  This is not for everyone, however the antioxidant ingredients help reduce inflammation and hydrate damaged skin! Interestingly, this was VERY easy to wash off under steamy hot water (oils and steam break up the honey), so you have ZERO excuses for not trying this home remedy atlas once.  While I normally moisturize my skin and apply a facial oil after ANY mask was applied, I had so much goop on my face I figured this wasn't the smartest of ideas, besides the fact I went straight into applying a priming base! For today I opted in for Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base, this sucker soaks into one's pores immediately upon impact and hydrates leaving a gentle floral like scent behind. I personally prefer taking a fingertip sized amount and dashing individual lines across all high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, chin, forehead)! From these dashes I move forth in softly blending them in starting from the center of my face massaging out towards my hairline. As far as foundation goes, I went for my trusty Cover Fx Cream Foundation in G20...this has controllable coverage, thus making it PERFECT for those not looking to have a full face of makeup, just a bit of coverage! Taking my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer brush, I quickly stippled into the cream product and transferred it onto my skin with light pressurized buffing motions.  Where you begin applying the product DOES NOT matter for as long as you blend out towards you hairline and if needed under your chin! IF spot correction is needed for those with liquid foundation wait a few minutes for the product to thicken THEN take your finger and firmly pat it against any blemishes, works just as good as concealer. While I don't condone contouring anymore, I do like to have a bit of a warm bronze glow hitting against my skin.  With that being said, taking the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light, I picked up my Mac 168 Angled Contour Brush and brushed the product from the temples of my face down to the hollows of my cheeks and under my jawline, these are the general areas the sun naturally hits! Being I had excess on my brush I swept it onto the sides of my nose and a little bit on my forehead, plus chin. 

                                Blush is a tricky factor in any makeup look.  While many women prefer the streaked on effect as it flows into harsh contours, I simply do not.  Natural blends is the BEST blends! Plus the fact a harsh contour and vivid blush color will detract away from the eyeshadow and lip combination, we're working with primaries, remember that. Anyhooo, smudging on LA Girl's Velvet Blush Contour Stick in Dreamy from the apples of my cheeks onto my hairline, I took my ringer finger and very gently smudged it in! For a glow that won't quit it I took a pea-sized amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana and using my Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush brushed it against the high points of my face; Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder in Grace, inspired by Grace Kelly, was dusted upon all areas Copacabana originally hit. The lips are actually quite simple-- all I had done was apply Tarte's HANGRY Lip Paint and the Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Merlot towards the center for a beautiful ombred effect! To ensure all redness faded away I first dusted on Besame's Brightening Vanilla Face Powder onto any highlighting parts of my face (under eyes, forehead, chin, jawlines) then swept on Bobbi Brown's Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory using an Airbuki Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush by Tarte. The finalizing step includes a singular all day wear setting spray, I chose Urban Decay's All Nighter...it'd be a shame to do a whole bout of makeup for it to fade or flake off!
*Morphe Brushes Cream Eyeshadow: Blew; Wino
*Morphe Brushes Singular Eyeshadow Pans: Grape Day (lid); Ocean Frost (transitional shade, inner third of lower lash line)
*Urban Decay Electric Pallet: Chaos (outer third of lower lash line); Revolt (inner corners)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s)/ Foiled Eyeshadow Pan(s): Corrupt (inner v); Center Stage (crease)
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow, Magpie (lid)
*KoKo Lashes, Ariel
              Tonnnnns of eyeshadows, whew! I wish the camera on my iPhone 6+ did not stop recording DURING my demonstration of this makeup look, because otherwise this baby would've been a step-by-step pictorial for you beauties out there. Fortunately you still have me to describe each step completed, you just need to have the right mindset, that being FOCUSED and determined, and to have the patience of reading through...this generation PHEW! Just as always I began the eye makeup with a definition of my brows using my favorite Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn. Rather giving you a song and a dance on how to define your eyebrows, I shall skate along to the next step as everyone does their brows differently! If for any reason you're "scared" of using color, be sure to apply a clear priming base prior this way the shades blend with ease.  Since I am veteran in terms of blending with vibrant hues, I skipped the clear priming step and went right ahead to blending Morphe's Cream Eyeshadow in 'Blew' across both my eyelids moving up towards the creasing of my eye socket with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender. This cream eyeshadow IS our base and our transitional shade, work it in until a disbursed turquoise color is achieved! Switching to my M433 Morphe Brush I swirled into 'Grape Day' eyeshadow and proceeded to softly fluffing it across my lids with side to side windshield wiper motions. Gradual pigment build up will occur, however it's not necessary as Grape Day later is covered in Sugarpill's Magpie Loose Eyeshadow! To begin creating drama and dimension to my eyes I took 'Ocean Frost' and softly blended it into the creasing of my eye socket using very gentle and light pressurized circular motions ( Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush). Many a person are afraid of using a shimmery shade in their crease.  What you might not notice, nor realize, is shimmers disburse outwards and their shimmering natures fade, your crease shades DO NOT always have to be matte silly gooses! Going into Center Stage Foiled Eyeshadow by Makeup Geek I picked up my M433 Morphe Brush and smudged it right into the inner V of my eye strongly following the natural creasing of my eye socket, this shade was followed up by 'Corrupt' for a bit of contrast-- if needed go back into your fluffy blender to soften the product up. 

                                     Before getting excited that "WOOHOO THE EYE MAKEUP IS OVER!!!", you forgot the lower lash line...and eyeliner...and mascara..annnnnnd, okay I'll stop, shall we continue on?! Using a pointed eyeliner brush, specifically the Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22, I began forming an ombre effect by first smudging Chaos onto the outer third of my lower lash line (flicking out like a cat wing), followed by Ocean Frost and a tad of 'Revolt' in the inner corners of my eye. Before moving any further, I dipped into my Cover Fx Cream Foundation in G20 and applied a thin line RIGHT ABOVE Chaos flicking out towards my hairline! Since all the colors used are rather similar, I didn't bother "wiping" off excess product, instead I dug straight into 'Wino' cream eyeshadow and used it as an eyeliner.  As pictured to the left, I filled my waterline in completely, as well as my upper lash line in completely with medium thick wings flicking out above G20, and Chaos! For mascara be sure to fully coat your lower lashes, this is more important than your upper as we want the smokey effect to carry through-- I went for the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Sadly, I am still waiting on my new Huda Beauty lashes (super excited) SOO I dug up these oldies by KoKo called Ariel and well, applied em'! They're surpassingly sturdy AND looked amazing with the eyeshadow presented today, so you could say I was pretty satisfied ;).  

Lillee Jean Trueman
THAEYEBALLQUEEN
XOXOX.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave