Thursday, July 28, 2016

Shimmering Tropical Peacock Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                Is it me or do I have an abnormal amount of peacock inspired tutorials?! What can I say...the bird is absolutely stunning.  From an array of vibrant green to exotic teal, and in some cases elegant snow white, these birdies deserve a medal for simply existing...well perhaps for their sassy and flirtatious attitudes as well, hehe! I will forwarn you loves that the eyeshadow presented above and to the right of this introductory paragraph will take some time, especially since numerous shades were manipulated in more than one manner (powder, to foiled in example). Hopefully that doesn't frighten you away! Do be noted my aim for this look happened to be a minimalistic glam approach, that means not many face products used with a heavy focus on the highlight to "brighten" one's skin naturally, sans a heavy highlight and contour. Be my guest on altering ANYTHING you want, makeup should make you feel beautiful, free, and at home! If perhaps a method I use you're not fond of, or perhaps even a product, switch it up my loves and email me a photo of your recreation, I always post em' to my Instagram too inspire others :) (thaeyeballqueen@gmail.com). Lastly, speaking of Instagram, be sure to stay tuned for my short mini tutorial of how to recreate the eye makeup, I made sure to record it this time around! Let's get into it love bunnies.

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 30 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Shimmery, Long Lasting, Glowy Finish, Minimal Fall Out

*Milani Cosmetics Lipstick, Naturally Chic

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                             When it comes to facial oil, TONS of makeup lovers and beauty aficionados fear for their lives.  The thing is, oil actually can FIGHT ACNE, COMBAT OILINESS, and hydrate the skin better than any moisturizing cream is able to do! Instead of going through a harsh regiment this morning, I opted in for using the Neutrogena Ultra Light Cleansing Oil, this product helps remove excess makeup from the night before as well clean throughly dirt from surface skin layers...kinda piggy about removing my eye makeup, so this baby saves me as it trudges through waterproof products instantly.  Oh, did I mention the left over finish is completely hydrated and matte, not greasy?! Yeah, I could go on and on annnnnd on about this product, it's changed my routine. Anyhow, over-hydrating is equally as bad as not moisturizing your skin, so I moved straight along to the priming stage once I fully washed off the cleansing oil! Taking my ring finger, I swooped right into Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base and smeared the product onto my left cheek, the full amount I grabbed that is.  From that hefty smear I began softly moisturizing it into my skin with soft massaging motions, I made sure to disburse it across ALL ZONES of my face, especially out towards my hairline to prevent and un-even wear time, with this humidity New York has been hit with, its better safe than sorry! To yield a radiant finish that bursts out into dew within seconds of contact with one's skin, I pulled out my L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in my shade W2 Light Ivory, and using the powder puff provided I pushed firmly into the product's sponge netting then proceeded to softly patting it across my skin, stipples and pats and different my loves. While stipples are quick and effective in building up pigment, pats push the product into one's skin for the most natural finish! Just as pictured the the left, once the foundation process was completed I took my E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush and began softly brushing RMS Beauty's Living Luminizer across the high points of my face, main focus kept on the bridge of my nose and cheekbones.  Using the same brush I gently pricked into Stila's Watercolor Blush and VERY cautiously stippled the formula onto my cheeks starting from the apples working up towards my hairline, I went through the blending process twice for a diffused finish!  

                 We're nearing the end of the face makeup, saying this just as a marker for you loves to know; with my Mac 168 and Givenchy's Poudre Bonne Mine Healthy Glow Powder, I softly dusted the deep bronze onto the outer three of my face and on the sides of my nose for a healthy glow, I finished up with a firm dusting of Gerard Cosmetics Star Powder in Grace onto the high points of my face (Mac Duo-Fibre 132 brush), moreover any areas Living Luminizer touched.  Red and deep maroon lip colors sadly don't fit the makeup today, on the bright side whip out your rosy brown's, it's go time! I opted in for Milani Cosmetics Naturally Chic lip color, it glides on smoothly and lasts for hours with a tinted stain left behind ;). For a soft focus glow, and insurance my makeup would last all day long, I brushed Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across any highlighting zones of my face (under eyes, forehead, jawline, chin, sides of nose) using a Makeup Geek Stippling Foundation Brush, the flat top makes for easy application.  Being powders can leave a dull finish behind, I sealed everything with a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray and went on my merry way to food shop (profusely "l o l ing" while saying the following haha)!
*Sugarpill Cosmetics Eyeshadow, Subterranean
*Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Pan(s): Caramelized (crease); Red Head (inner v)
*Mac Cosmetics Eyeshadow, Amber Lights (lower lash line)
*Inglot Cosmetics AMC Pure Pigment, #42 (inner corners, inner third of lid)
*Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes, Scarlett 
                             Eyes are the windows to the souls so they say. Partially correct, however ya' forgot "brows" in there too missies! Eyebrows not only frame one's face, they help accentuate the present eye makeup in a way like no otha' product can, or piece of hair can if you'd like to get technical. I personally despise all these Instagram trends, they simply form clones rather embrace unique styles such as brow arches and definition! As you can tell, no feathering nor fading is done, just a bold effect that defines my features (Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer, Auburn). The same principal goes forth in my primer application (Mac Pro Longwear Pain Pot in Bare Study) apparently, "Instagram Baddies" apply primer a certain way, completely unheard of, but anyhow my main message here is BROWS AND PRIMER ARE TEDIOUS STEPS, DO WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT AND MAKES YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE, NOT WHAT MAKES YOU APPEAR LIKE THE LAST ONE! Okay, enough of my ranting, you loves get the picture. After throughly glamming up my eyebrows and priming my eyelids I began the shadow process with Sugarpill's Subterranean, a beautiful peacock green with blue shifts! Using a standard fluffy eyeshadow brush I heavily smudged into the eyeshadow and proceeded to softly blending it across both my eyelids with side to side sweeps. Stressing pigment at this point is foolish as this color in specific will become a foiled pigment! Anyhow, as far as the crease goes I used Caramelized eyeshadow by Morphe Brushes, and using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender firmly blended it into the creasing of my natural eye socket with tiny circular motions, this acts as a transitional shade. To bring a sense of vibrancy and different color notes to my eyes I switched brushes to a more defining M433 Morphe Brush and smudged Red Head eyeshadow right into the inner V of my eye starting from the outer third of my lids moving inwards towards the eye socket, if needed go back to your fluffy blender to meld colors together! With that same M433 I dusted Amber Lights eyeshadow by Mac Cosmetics under my lower lash line, then switched brushes once more to a Mac 224 flat shader eyeshadow brush.  Dipping into Inglot Cosmetics AMC Pure Pigment in #42, I softly blended it onto the inner corners of my eyes as well as slightly on the inner third of both my lids.  This gold beauty shifts green, imagine that ontop of a teal/blue shift shadow! Absolutely stunning.  Since I had my Mac brush handy, I dipped it into a CLEAN bottle of water, non contaminated, then patted into Subterranean once more to only smudge the wet foiled effected shadow onto my lids!

                          Funky eyeliners will detract attention away from the shimmering pigments at hand, I stuck with simple ol' black, in specific Mac's Creme Eyeliner! With a cleaned Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22 I gently dipped into water, then smudged into the water-activated creamy formula Mac has created for Pro Users (now available to the general public, yippie), and proceeded to lining my upper lash line with symmetrical cat wings, as well as my waterline for added drama and definition. I wasn't quite sure how I'd fancy Huda Beauty eyelashes, SOO I went cray cray on the mascara...thank the Lord Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is clump free haha! I'm one who HATES spending more than 12 bucks on a pair of flashes...but the Huda Beauty Classic False Eyelashes in Scarlett have me at Scar...absolutely AMAZING product that is truly worth the price. Hope all of you enjoyed this blog post, been meaning to type it for a few days now, cheers, and best of wishes cuties!

Lillee Jean Trueman
THAEYEBALLQUEEN
XOXOX.