Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mossy Green Shimmery Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                               Olive is a color I generally stick away from due to the high contrast it has against my skin tone, however with my new hair color this beautiful hue can be made possible! The quite interesting part about this mossy green tutorial in specific compared to other leading looks is EVERYTHING was painted on within the total time span of 28 minutes...pretty good if you ask me as most dramatic looks take an hour to an hour and a half worth of time. Aside from this, I hope you beauties had a WONDERFUL weekend, for me it has gone swell but I do know we all have our ups and downs, as being fellow eyeballqueens I like to check in here and there! In leu of that concept, I formulated a Summer ready tutorial that even beginners can complete, all you'll need handy are a few blending brushes and a steady aim-- to be honest, I have been steering clear of LOADS of facial products, I am here to say what you see presented to the right of this paragraph and center of this paragraph is sheer lightweightedness (that's not a word...but now it is hehe). I was SHOCKED at how lightweight my skin felt, this can be attributed to the usage of powders, however looking at the overall picture, literally, it can easily be detected all the focus is on the eye makeup, lips, and glow...my favorite triplet to play up on!

**YOUTUBE TUTORIAL BEING POSTED TOMORROW NIGHT**
  Recent Tutorials

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
*Hourglass Ambient Bronzer, Luminous Bronze Light
*Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Truffle + ABH Lipgloss, Vintage

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                                      Beautifying is the easy part. Skin care, ooooohhh boy you better have your facts straight because the slightest of moves can tear down you temple realllll quick!  I mean, if you think about us women and men wear makeup to conceal certain blemishes and to enhance our natural beauty...imagine having a terrible reaction to a skin care product, and THEN having to gloop on tons of product in this Summer heat?  Well, I actually can, and have been there, but the point is be cautious of your routine and tend to what is presented in front of you NOW-- routines change my loves.  Speaking of routines changing, today I decided to be daring and wear my Perfectly Posh Apricots Overnight mask because I noticed a heightened reaction of dry patches amongst certain zones of my face!  The amazing part about this effective face mask is it not only doubles as an overnight mask, it can be used short term (10 minutes or so) for a fast awakening effect in the morning hour due to the apricot infused formula, which happens to create a sort of aroma therapy. With that being said, I actually SKIPPED the finishing skin care task of adding an oil or moisturizing cream since over hydration is equally as bad as no hydration...let's just say I slipped right into the priming stage ;)! Rather my typical Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer, I opted in for the Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer simply because getting your skin used to a product for some time makes it ineffective, illusion or no illusion, it's in my own studies. Using exactly a pump on the back of my hand, I took my cleaned ring finger and gently began massaging the exotic smelling base onto my skin starting from my left cheek, circular motions blending out towards your hairline work best! As far as foundation goes, sticking with that "one pump" ideology I applied Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation SPF 15 in Fair-Light Neutral to my face with my newly beloved Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer; this deluxe blender makes the foundation process easy pea-z. I personally prefer using bouncing motions, often referred to as stipples, until I firmly work the product into light layers! If you happen to LACK coverage, fret not a bit of heavy coverage foundation shall come your way. Now, I know highlighting and contouring cream/powder wise is a MAJOR trend amongst all makeup lovers out there...but I must admit, it's just NOT ME! A few days ago I promised myself I shan't please the public, I shall please myself and a following shall off spurt from there.  With that being said, IN MY SKIN TONE, I took Cover Fx's G20 and gently stippled the product under my eyes using a freshly cleaned E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush!  Wherever a blemish was present, G20 went, any "highlighting zones" (under eyes, forehead, bridge of nose, sides of nose, jaw, chin) , G20 was applied :)! 

                                         Everything from this point forth is quite simple and requires only THREE brushes!  First off, once I blended in Cover Fx's Cream Foundation into my desired coverage I moved straight along to bronzing my skin using the Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light. The light bronzy hue was brushed against the outer three of my face (temples, hollows of ones cheeks, jawline) with a Mac 168-- for added dimension I then popped the Bh Cosmetics Bombshell Blush in Vivacious across the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline using that SAME 168 brush, it's quite handy! As far as highlighting goes, glow wise, I truly wish Make Up Forever didn't stop making their Uplight product...it's one of the bests in my opinion. With exactly a pea-sized amount of the gel formula placed onto the back of my hand I picked it up using a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush and swept it straight across the high points of my face, these include my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and lightly on my cupid's bow! Switching to Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance product in 'Highlight' I dusted over those exact area's #22 by MUFE originally touched with the exception of my forehead. The lips are very simple, all you need to do is apply Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Truffle sealed by Anastasia Beverly Hills Lipgloss in Vintage, a beautifully browned pink duo! To set my skin (YOU MUST do this step, especially in the hot weather with the amount of products used today) I brushed Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face with my favorite Sephora #74 brush. When it comes to makeup you wanna' check, double check, and check again! So, I decided to set my entire face using the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, this baby wipes away a powdery finish and leaves behind a natural appearance to one's skin.
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil, Strawberry Milk
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s)/ Foiled Eyeshadow Pan(s): Dirty Martini (lid, crease); Jester (lid, lower lash line)
*Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow Pan(s): Nature's Calling (inner V); Wilderness (inner V, lower lash line)
*Lime Crime Venus the Grunge Eyeshadow Pallet: Aura (brow bone, inner corners)
*Colourpop Gel Eyeliner, Maybe
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                                                Eye makeup seems to intimidate people more-so than facial makeup.  The key factor here is a well developed smudging method with occasional soft blends...not much to study nor know, just get into las/lad!  Prior to eyeshadows you MUST have a base set, sorta like with face makeup using foundation and a primer, eye makeup requires BROWS and an eyeshadow base of choice.  I prefer using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn along with my Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk for a shimmering base! While I would love to sit around and explain how I smudge eyeshadow bases and construct my brows, I feel everyone does these two processes individually different.  For example, some spoolie through their brows fist and swear by it, I on the other hand don't....I thin you see my point!  The first eyeshadow applied to my lids in called Dirty Martini by Makeup Geek, pretty self explanatory as the shade is a deep olive. With a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush I dipped into the eyeshadow pan and proceeded to softly dusting it onto my lids up towards my crease with smooth and fluent side to side blending motions-- Dirty Martini is not only a lid shade, but a transitional hue! To begin adding drama and depth I switched to the color Nature's Calling by Morphe Brushes, a deep green, and fluffed it into the inner V of my eye socket using firm circular motions.  If you start from the outer third of your lid and drag the vibrant color into your crease FOLLOWING your natural lid curvature all should go well! To "set" my crease and move along too the following shadows I finished up with 'Wilderness' by Morphe Brushes, once more, and with a cleaned M433 Morphe Brush dug right into the eyeshadow and with no fear blended away-- darker army greens are VERY intimidating to newbies, almost like black, but if you just work with your blends, preferably side to side light smudges, you'll be finnnnnne! I have been DYING to use Jester foiled eyeshadow by MUG for the longest time ever, in fact the last time I ever touched it was for my Shimmering Orchid Makeup Tutorial back in December of 2015. I highly recommend STAYING with your firm blender because the way I applied Jester is with downward streaks, not pats, nor smudges-- be sure to build up to your desired sheen! Excess product was smudged under my lower lash line followed by 'Aura' eyeshadow applied to my brow bones and inner corners to attract light inwards. 

                                         See, it's not that hard ;)! For some reason using colored eyeliner is MUCH easier than straight black...perhaps it's due to being able too see the color physically, not sure.  Anyhow, with my Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22 I dipped right into Colourpop's Maybe Gel Liner and well...lined away! Liner is another factor that is VERY subjective; while I like dashing tiny lines across my upper lash line, some prefer straight flicks, or using tape.  Aside from that the reaming product on my brush was applied to my waterline and slightly flicked toward the inner corners of my eyes for added dimension! Lash wise all I did was coat my top, especially bottom, lashes with my FAVORITE Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, then I applied KoKo Lashes in Amore with Revlon's Lash Glue.  This tutorial truly was the FUNNIEST I have done yet, I do hope this shines through when I post the video tutorial later tomorrow on my YouTube page! All of you beauties have been amazing so far-- from being supportive, to just absolute dolls in complimenting me left and right, YOU guys are the real stars. 

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave