Monday, July 25, 2016

Iridescent Soft Magenta & Light Lilac Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                     Welcome back love bunnies! Now I was planning on doing a new tutorial come Tuesday, but after my mom said the following, "ahaha probably the colors you use to wear won't look good anymore due to your natural coloring change such as lilac and magenta"... this look occurred within 28 minutes. You might be wondering "how the heck did Lillee create such an elaborate look within that time span?!" Well, ever since realizing loving yourself does not include the art of contouring nor baking methods...my routine runs swiftly! In fact, I find the non-contouring look to be much more natural, beautiful, and radiant as it shows your natural skin...nothing altered, all ENHANCED. Anyhow, I have never done a magenta look before (thanks mum for the drive to do the such), with notes of neon purple, so I am hopeful my happiness about the outcome exudes out as you watch my YouTube tutorial and read this blog post! Please have a few blending brushes prepared, and know what works for me MIGHT NOT work for you, so adjust whatcha' need cuties. For example, while I just bronze over my nose, you might prefer contouring it, which is perfectly fine-- I'm not saying DON'T do what makes you happy, just know fully the procedures you're taking on! Radiant bronzed skin and dashing lips with a touch of a "fresh face" feel is all you need to make statement ;).

Time to Complete This Tutorial: 28 Minutes
Notes: Lightweight, Dewy, Long Lasting, Quick to Complete

*Inglot Cosmetics - Face & Body AMC Cream Blush, 81
*Too Faced Bronzer, Snow Bunny
 *Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, Bubbly (That Glow Kit)

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 


                   As always, skin care comes first, forget about the glammieing up at this point! I personally prefer changing up my skincare routine every 1-2 days, in other words I recycle the products used. Being I did a few dramatic looks these previous days that required SERIOUS TLC care, I decided to go with a natural earthy occurrence by using different temperatures of water splashing against my skin! This method not only OPENS clogged pores, it helps "decongest" and free them of any impurities-- start with steamy hot water, finish with cold splashes too tighten the pores up. It's a habit of mine to use the Fresh Seaberry Oil after EVERY single wash my face undergoes, so to add a bit of hydration (ironic part is my skin is dry in this humid weather) I used a beaker full of product and gently disbursed it across all zones of my face starting from the center (nose), massaging out towards my hairline! As far as primer goes I chose my typical Marc Jacobs Under Cover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer, and using exactly a pump of the product poured onto the center of my palm, I smoothed my hands together and proceeded to softening it onto my skin with fluent moisturizing motions-- this baby absorbs immediately into one's pores...wait time? What wait time?! I truly wasn't in the mood for building up coverage with a highlighting cream NOR sitting there for an hour spot concealing, so I brought out the big guns, Becca's Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme Foundation in my shade, Sand! Just as pictured to the left of this paragraph, I picked up my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer and softly buffed the creamy foundation into my skin starting from my left cheek working clockwise in light stipples up to my forehead....creams are easier to work with using added oils OR a sponge, but I prefer my M439 and the thicker, breathable formula that is budge proof ;). For a gentle awakening of color to my skin, I took the Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer and using a Mac 168 swirled right into the shimmering powder too only blend the bronzy delight onto the "outer three" of my face and slightly down the sides of my nose! In case you're unaware, the outer three refers to areas the sun naturally hits such as one's temples, cheeks, and jawline...optionally you can dust the product onto the nose, forehead, and chin for added warmth and radiance. 


                  Blush colors can be tricky! From a neutral pink to vibrant purple, there are many options, but it withstands with YOU to choose the best pick. My advice is to NEVER match your blush too your eyeshadow colors, opt in for a few shades darker or a completely mellow color in the same spectrum! For today I went with my all time favorite Inglot Cosmetics Face & Body AMC Cream Blush in the shade 81. Pricking softly into the creamy formula with a Mac Duo-Fibre 132 brush, I proceeded to softly blending the product onto my cheeks starting from the apples moving up toward my hairline-- this forms the illusion of higher pulled up features!  Fresh faced makeup tutorials ALWAYS get paired with stunning glows darlings... you shall not escape this one!!  Using my Cover Fx Enhance Click Stick in Bubbly, I FIRMLY smudged the product onto the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, chin, forehead) and using my ring finger lightly blended the product in. To ensure the glow would remain vibrant and dewy all day long I picked up a freshly deppotted Bubbly powder from Anastasia Beverly Hill's That Glow Kit and dusted it right onto the exact areas Bubbly from Cover Fx originally touched! How ironic that both shades are named Bubble...coincidental? Hmmm. The lips are quite simple, all that must be performed is the application of Lime Crime's RAVE Velevetine! I have yet to find any dupe for this shade, SO if you have one let me know-- be aware this color is NOT lavender, nor lilac, it is a NEON purple/pink. For setting purposes I dusted the Nars Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face using a Makeup Geek Stippling Foundation Brush, then sealed the deal with a few spritzes of Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray! The makeup look presented above felt extremely light weight, sooooo if you do recreate it give me a message at thaeyeballqueen@gmail.com, perfect for the Summertime heat. 
*Urban Decay Ammo Pallet, Grifter (lid, lower lash line)
*Morphe Brushes Singular Eyeshadow Pan, Sassy (crease)
*Urban Decay Electric Pallet, Savage (inner v)
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pan, Passionate (inner v)
*Sugarpill Cosmetics, PaperDoll (lid)
*Colourpop Gel Eyeliner, Cry Baby
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                           Remember how with my last "everyday" tutorial I just sort of dusted each eyeshadow across my lids? Yep, same premise, this time just vibrant. To get the tedious mannerisms out of the way, the beginning steps include the following: I defined my eyebrows using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Auburn (absolute favorite), then smudged Mac's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study across both my eyelids using a cleaned ring finger.  Excess product was taken up towards my brow bone and under my lower lash line! I feel everyone does their eyebrows differently and primer is a given, please cut me slack there hehe. Nowwwww onto the fun part, shadow! The first color up is Grifter provided by the Urban Decay Ammo Eyeshadow Pallet.  Though this pallet is no longer sold, I left a workable link to purchase the individual eyeshadow color through Urban Decay's official website! Anyhow, using a standard fluffy shadow brush, I picked up a decent amount of color then moved forth in smudging it across both my eyelids, be sure to build up pigment this way shimmer particles are visible. For a defined crease that DID NOT lean smokey in terms of dark hues, I next up took Sassy by Morphe and with my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush gently blended the shade into my crease using soft and fluent side to side motions, this shall be disbursed upwards through tiny circular motions as well. For a touch of vibrancy, I swirled into Savage pressed pigment by Urban Decay, and very carefully blended the vibrant pink into the inner V of my eye using slight side to side smudging motions; start from the outer third and work inwards towards the natural creasing of your eye socket.  If you're anything like me and dig a super smoked out effect, opt in for a deep fuchsia pink RATHER a deep red...my pick was Passionate eyeshadow by Mac, blended into my inner v of course ;)! There truly is no right or wrong when it comes to blending eyeshadow, just make sure everything is evenly disbursed-- this is my interpretation of how the look should appear, your might prefer a sharper approach. 

                      Before going any further, I took my ring finger and dipped right into Paperdoll Loose Eyeshadow by Sugarpill; tipping my head back, I began firmly pressing the pigment onto my entire lid area continuously until my finger had just a tinge of lilac left! Picking my standard fluffy eyeshadow brush back up I swirled once more into Grifter and smudged it across my lower lash lines followed by "Bubbly" by Anastasia Beverly Hills applied straight onto the inner corners of my eyes and on my brow bones as a dashing highlight! The finalizing steps include smudging Colourpop's Gel Eyeliner in Cry Baby across both my water lines, lining my upper lash line with medium thick wings using Bobbi Brown's Black Ink Liner, coating my lashes with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in standard black, and applying KoKo Lashes in Amore. Quite the mouthful, isn't it? Be sure to check out my recent tutorials via blog post and via YouTube by scrolling back a few postings (YouTube hooked into the right side of my blog) OR by clicking the following WORKABLE links: Vibrant Ocean Grape Smokey Eye; Summery Gold and Apricot Smokey Eye; Mossy Green Shimmering Smokey Eye; Makeup for Those With Glasses: Shimmering Earthy Sienna Tutorial.

Lillee Jean Trueman
THAEYEBALLQUEEN
XOXOX.
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave