Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Glimmering Copper & Smoked Out Intensive Purple Makeup Tutorial


                            Lately I've been HOOKED on the color orange! From incorporating the many hues into my everyday wear, to now tutorials...how couldn't you be obsessed with this coppery delight?!  Okay...DO NOT answer that seriously hehe, just flow along with my hero speech. The interesting part about the makeup presented on both the upper corner and right of this paragraph is the facial makeup happens to be VERY light, in fact I kept it so breathable coverage wise you'll fall in love! How does a Lillee do this you might ask while maintaining a completely photo-finished complexion? Simply put, with focus heavily on the lips contrasting against the eye makeup, and my eye coloring let alone, flatly said, the skin is the LAST thing one shall pay attention to.  There are only two things you MUST take care of prior to ANY makeup application, and during, these happen to be; counteract any redness, and conceal obvious impurities such as pimples/blackheads. Especially with all of 6 face products used, you must use them wisely, otherwise your lips will not steal the show further! Hopefully that didn't scare ya' off too much... by the way, contouring queens, be dually noted that is a NO GO for today, the most done is the sides of my nose and SLIGHTLY on my cheekbones to prevent a ghostly finish! Let's get into it beauties, be sure to share with all your friends, and family☺️.

  Recent Tutorials

*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlight, Pink Light 
LIPS: Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow Pigments in Penelope
Violet Voss Glitter, Copperella 

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 


                To reinstate what was said above, it's extremely important to ensure your skin is beyond clean prior to any makeup application! With the goal at hand being to use the LEAST amount of product possible, one's true skin will shine through indefinitely, thus scrubbing with gentle exfoliators and removing any impurities (with the proper tools, please do not try using your hands, it will scar your skin) will be of use. Since I have a terrible breakout due to my hormones raging, I opted in for Murad's Time Release Acne Cleaner! Within seconds of foaming against my face redness was reduced significantly along with the various pimples present being toned down to a not as putrid state. Personally, the amount of acne I have is NOT substantial, but it relies heavily on that concept where one pimple seems like 500 popping around everywhere! Anyhoooo, after four minutes of rigorously smoothing the acne cleanser around my skin, I washed it off under steaming hot water (opens the pores up), and once all product/residue left center stage I turned the cold water on to seal my pores up, this of course accompanied by a light coating of my beloved Fresh Seaberry Oil.  The beauty of this particular oil is it helps conquer any breakouts present, AND absorbs instantly into one's pores while leaving a light scent behind, that means NO WAITING TIME loves, priming section comin' right up! There is something so unique about Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base...could it be the non-greasy, radiant finish left behind, who knows?! Using a clean ring finger, I took a swoop of product and proceeded to gently dashing the face base across all zones of my skin, preferably the high points (tops of cheeks, center of forehead/chin/nose) to have an accurate flat-lay of how much primer I'd need total, this method saves on product tremendously. From those tiny dashes, I moved forth in massaging the creamy texture in starting from the center of my face moving slowing out towards my hairline, take your time with this, primers are more important than you think ;)! Being the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base encompasses the same "instant settling" drying time compared to Fresh's Seaberry Oil, I once again went quickly onto the next step/stage, foundation. While you COULD pull off this makeup look sans foundation, I would still heavily recommend using at least a light coverage one as it'll form a perfected canvas! I was quite unsure of the coverage I wanted, soooooo I chose Nars's Sheer Glow Foundation in Gobi, a trusty product of mine hehe. With exactly a quarter sized amount poured onto the back of my hand, I picked up my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer (dipped into the product) and went to blending heaven! I prefer sticking with gentle, light pressurized stipples, however everyone is different, you might prefer sweeps or streaks-- just make sure the coverage is EVEN and blended fully out towards your hairline, possibly under your chin too if the skin match is "off". As far as concealer goes, I went for something that'd give me a beautiful dewy finish WHILE covering up blemishes on the spot, that concealer happened to be the Marc Jacobs Re(MARC)able Full Cover Concealer in 1 Awake (my skin tone thus NO HIGHLIGHTING preformed, only the zones mimicked)! If you take a quick glance at the photo provided to the left, you shall see the basic areas I concealed, once placement was set I took my time blending with a tiny E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush, the duo-fibers help BUILD coverage rather take it away, time spent was well worth it!

                 Blush can either flow two ways; creamy, or powdery. My choice? VELVET. Sticking within the light mauve spectrum will be your BEST BET beauties, the point here is to have a healthy glow present, not fashion show nor clown cheeks present! With that being said, using L.A. Girl's Velvet Blush Contour Stick in Plume, I firmly smudged it across the tops of my cheeks (from my apples, to hairline) and with my two freshly cleaned fingers blended away using light patting motions, and upward flicks for the illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones. Since I had one stick down, I decided to get the other outta' the way, Revlon's Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick in Pink Light! The shade as you might of guessed, was smudged across the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and on the centers of my forehead + chin, blended with my fingers once more. To set this dazzling glow I swept Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight across the exact zones Revlon's Highlighting Stick touched with the exception of my cupid's bow using a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush-- if you seek a highly reflective finish, though I prefer the matte radiance effect, apply a setting spray THEN re-apply the glow powder! For the lips as complicated as it might seem, all that was done is an application of Sugarpill's Loose Pigment in Penelope smudged against my lips, topped with Violet Voss's Glitter in Copperella, simple enough huh ;)? To set my skin thoroughly I applied Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face (under eyes, jawline, chin, forehead, sides of nose) with a Sephora #74 brush.  Being glitter pigments are in question a setting spray is a MUST, no if's and's or but's! I chose my all time favorite Urban Decay All Nighter Spray...which I'm running low on sadly...and sprayed away hehe. 
*Morphe Single Eyeshadow Pan(s): Magical Magenta ES58 (transitional shade, shade 1); Rosewood ES59 (Inner V, shade 2)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan's/ Foiled Eyeshadow, Drama Queen (Inner V, shade 3; lower lash line)
*Tarte Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Pallet: Caregiver (inner corners, brow bone); Bombshell (Inner V, shade 4; lower lash line)
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow Pigments in Penelope
*Violet Voss Glitter, Copperella 
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                             By now you loves are used to the HUGE product list, and realize the fact only 6 shades were used total, which is the equivalent to a medium sized eyeshadow pallet, thus the amount can be sized down dramatically, mentally that is ;)! For any aesthetically pleasing eye makeup look, you must ensure your two base products, eyebrow product and eyelid primer, capture the style you're seeking. To illustrate and example, if you're aiming for an extremely dramatic almost drag like makeup look, the brows would be arched at per-say 90 degree angles AND the eyeshadow base would be a heavy duty white cream! Since todays "style" is NOT drag, I chose my handy Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel and quite dandy Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Bone-- both forming a beautiful prepped base. Just as a quick tip, make sure you smudge your primer under your lower lash lines, it'll help smoke the eyeshadow out further in the coming events! Ooooh boy, shade three you have stolen my heart, pigment and all. Have you love bunnies tried out Milani's Everyday Eyeshadow Pallet's? If not, please do!  At $10.00 a pop with comparable pigment to bigger brands such as Mac Cosmetics, these are a drugstore STEAL.  Anyhow, using the provided brush in the Earthy Elements Pallet, I picked up the burnt orange shade (shade 3) and gently patted it across both my lids, occasional side to side smudging motions took place as well! Right from the gecko vibrancy follows, that means you must be on your a-game when it comes to blending, in other words TAKE YOUR TIME.  Using my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush and the shade Magical Magenta, I softly eased this magenta hue into the creasing of my eye with light pressurized circular motions, the key here is to disburse upwards as this is only a transitional shade, added pigment is not needed! To add drama and dimension I transitioned into Rosewood, a deep rose color; with a firmer blending brush, the M433 Morphe Brush, I lightly blended Rosewood into the inner V of my eye following my natural creasing closely.  To smoke things out further I melded a custom mixture of Drama Queen by Makeup Geek AND Bombshell by Tarte, I firmly blended the deep shimmering purple into the inner v of my eye and followed through with smudging excess pigment on my lower lash line, by this point you should be rockin' it girl! IF you feel the shadows present are unblended feel free to switch back to the E22 (or your blender of choice) to soften pigments up, I went into Caregiver for this purpose and popped it into the inner corners of my eye as a highlight. 

            Glitz and Glam are two things I am most definitely good at, and so are you my fellow eyeballqueens! Using a pea-sized amount of the Too Faced Glitter Bonding Glue, I gently patted the sticky substance across both my eyelids, this helps pack the glitter pigments to come better together. Dipping my finger into Penelope by Sugarpill AND Copperella by Violet Voss (double dip) I then proceeded to firmly packing on the pigment to both my eyelids, don't be cheap on the glitter, build until your heart cannot take anymore! Glitters, especially those mixed with chunky pigments, can be QUITE difficult to apply liner on-top of, tis' why I am recommending Mac's Creme Eyeliner in Black, view it as a "cake". The cakey substance trudges through ALL textures, thus making it perfect for this look! Using my Morphe G11 brush, cleaned of course, I gently lined my upper lash line with firm and sharp, medium thick wings and smudged excess product onto my waterlines-- play up on the liner for an extra smoked effect. The finalizing steps include applying your favorite mascara, mine being the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (applied heavily to my lower lashes), and your favorite spikes lashes, KoKo lashes in Amore :)! I hope you beauties enjoyed, till next time.  Please stay tuned for my Top 10 Blush's YouTube video airing in a few days!!
SaveSave