Friday, July 8, 2016

Eccentric Mermaid/Alien Oceanic Glittery Blue Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial


                    Even when school is out there is such a feeling yielded from the concept, "it's FINALLY Friday!" While to some that means two days of relaxation, too others such as myself it calls for a mash-up of dramatic and abstract makeup looks, purely for fun of course. After reviewing over my makeup collection in hopes to plan another tutorial, I found I was DRAWN to the shade Bahama by Gerard Cosmetics numerous times...how could one not be drawn to this unique and opaque Caribbean blue?! From this I off-springed into an oceanic inspired eye makeup look, in which allowed me to use some shadows I never touched before such as Boo Berry by Makeup Geek, go figure. PLEASE be noted this in total took me one hour and twenty-six minutes to complete...perhaps for beginners this will be a bit challenging however I am admittent in the factor ANY beauty can recreate this for as long as they have patience and a steady hand :).  I am not perfect, nor do I portray that factor.  Were there a few oopsies here and there? HECK YES, in fact I had to re-do my facial makeup once over...though I wasn't too upset about this as I preferred the final outcome! Point is, don't become discouraged if you flunk up, start over again, that is the whole point of makeup, it shines when it is meant to shine and removes when it is meant to remove.  Anyhow, let's get into it!

  Recent Tutorials

*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Contour & Highlight Duo, LIGHT
*NYX Cream Blush, Boho Chic
 *Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit: Bubbly + Sun Burst (That Glow Kit)

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 

                  As you can see from the product list above, a total of 7 facial products were used, thus correlating to the factor NOT much was used on my skin! Lately I have been PREFERRING this minimalistic approach as it allows my "true" underlying skin texture to become visible. Pay close attention to the techniques I mention on this blog post, especially those suffering from hormonal breakouts; even with the slightest amount of product manipulated I still received the coverage I desired in a non-cake like manner, it's all in the blending and tools my loves.  Anyyyyhoooo, before even getting to the stage of applying makeup I spent a good 10 minutes icing my skin with a good ol' handy ice cube! This method helps "close" one's pores...in other words leave the primer at HOME, girl. Originally in my video tutorial I began using Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Primer...until I realized the formula wasn't gelling right with my dried out skin from acne creams-- in my studies the ice not only closes up pores it HELPS clear acne and hydrate dried out skin, the worst thing you could do is put about 20 pounds of concealer on a huge red pimple...stick with ice and a good facial oil! Speaking of facial oil, once the ten minutes was up (by then the ice cube fully melted and numbed my skin in a pretty pink flush) I took a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil and gently disbursed it across all zones of my face starting from the center (my nose) and massaging out towards my hairline (perimeter of face). There was NO NEED for a priming base as it would of clogged my pores further, so I went right ahead to streaking Revlon's Photoready Insta-Fix Contour Stick in Nude under my eyes, on my forehead, and on my chin using singular thick lines! You must realize creams blend and cake-up easily, thus using less product is the smartest method to achieve the BEST coverage and finish, besides the fact you can always add more as you go along. Between you me and the four walls, I became SUPER frustrated in the fact I had to start over again, so for blending purposes I picked up my Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer and quickly buffed in the product using firm stippling motions accompanied by circular strokes! Sticks work beautifully in a rush, with that being said, I roughly smudged on the "highlight" stick in Pink Light by Revlon onto the high points of my face (bridge of nose, cheekbones, forehead, chin), and using my ring finger bonded together with my middle finger I gently tapped the product in.  From that point forth I speeded up the process slightly by quickly swirling into Nyx's Cream Blush in Boho Chic and applying it to the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline using that SAME M439 blender, followed by a dusting of Bubbly + Sun Burst from the Anastasia Beverly Hills That Glow Kit onto the EXACT high points Pink Light touched using a freshly cleaned Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush!  Honestly speaking, this all sounds SUPER hectic, but I promise you the quick blends alleviate the stress of "OH MAN THAT PIMPLE ARGH" and help one quickly go back in to correct any remaining blemishes. As far as the lips go I applied Bahama Lightening Lipgloss by Gerard Cosmetics in THREE coats with a special dazzling touch of Teresa glitter by Violet Voss patted on the center (view the eye makeup, it's listed there)! To set my skin I heavily applied a mixture of Bobbi Brown's Skin Weightless Powder Foundation in 1 Warm Ivory and Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder to ALL highlighting zones of my face using a Sephora #74 brush, in the midst of this I contoured my nose with Kat Von D's Shadowplay powder and a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender brush, THEN moved forth in brushes excess powder off. Boy, was that a mouthful, whew!  To ensure all the powders used would not "shift" during the day, I sprayed on Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day Setting Spray in Lemongrass to all angles, zones, and dimensions of my face-- this is an EXTREMELY important step beauties. 
*Morphe Single Eyeshadow Pan(s): Breakfast At Tiffaneez (inner third of lid)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s): Boo Berry (crease outline);  Mermaid (lower lash); Corrupt (eyeliner mattifyer)
*Violet Voss Glitter: Teresa Glitter
*Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow PalletMetamorphosis (center of lid); Bandersnatch (crease definition); Royal Flush (inner corners); Time (crease definition)
*Colourpop Gel Liner Stick, Prance 
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                        While your face gets a HUGE break, your eyes...don't! If you haven't noticed by now the three eye catching factors involve the eye makeup, lip hue, and glow of choice used-- don't be intimidated by the product list, just flow with it and realize each product ties into one another. Yes, you and I just had a mini pep talk, oooooopsies! The first step as always includes filling in your brows, or grooming them, and applying a hardy primer that'll adhere to heavy pigments well. I opted in for my typical Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel as well as my beloved Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in Bone, this duo seems to yield amazing results for me EACH and EVERY time! Once I had my brows perfected and the primer evenly disbursed up towards my brow bone + underneath my lower lash line I immediately began defining my crease.  As weird as it might sound, I prefer using my eyebrow pencil as a cut crease definition line...easy to swipe off yet easy to trace over! With that being the case, starting a few inches away from my noses side wall I gently began drawing a "cat wing" like line across in tiny dashes, to finish up I flicked out the line adjacent to the tip of my eyebrow in one even stroke. Now using a Mac 239 flat shader brush, I picked up my first eyeshadow which happened to be Boo Berry and softly smudged it across the faded caramel cut crease definition line, I find it best to work in VERY slight side to side motions!  To begin smoking things up I then took Bandersnatch from the Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Pallet and following that SAME smudging gesture applied the eyeshadow ABOVE my cut crease line. Switching to a more defining brush, Anastasia Beverly Hills #12 brush, I finished up the cut crease effect with Time, a beautiful deep navy shade! Rather smudging this deep color in I instead FLICKED the shade upwards avoid adding harsh pigment lines, if needed go in with a fluffy blender to fix errors. By this point you should have a well defined cut crease line, leave it alone for now as we work on the lid and lower lash line!  First off, I am here to say the lid work is EXTREMELY easy, it's truly the cut crease's that confuse everyone. Anyhow, using my Mac 239 once more, I picked up Breakfast At Tiffaneez by Morphe Brushes and firmly patted it onto the inner third of my lid, this color was seconded by Metamorphosis and topped off with Boo Berry by Makeup Geek Cosmetics! Do not be afraid to hit the motherload of pigment, built until your heart desires no more. Since I already had a multi-purpose brush handy, I decided to take care of my lower lash line by smudging Mermaid eyeshadow across in two firm smudges, and applying Royal Flush opalescent eyeshadow to the tear-ducts of my eyes and to my brow bones for an eye catching effect!

                 The tedious work is over, it's time to turn on your a-game girl because it'll be a BUMPY road! Due to the eye makeup being almost complete eyeshadow wise, I chose the path of first lining my eyes before adding glitter or a bright pop of color to my waterline. To do so I HEAVILY applied Stila's Waterproof Stay All Day Liner in Black using thick flicks, you must ensure the flicks are sharp to have a "balance" between the cut crease and black liner! Being I prefer an extremely matte effect liner wise, I picked up my ABH #12 once more and smudged Corrupt eyeshadow by Makeup Geek across. From this point I then lined my waterline using Colourpop's Prance AND applied the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara to my upper + lower lashes! As far as glitter goes I squeezed out a pea-sized amount of the Too Faced Glitter Bonding Glue onto the back of my hand and gently spread it across the lower half of my cut crease line.  Working carefully with a paper towel under both eyes, I proceeded to patting Teresa Glitter by Violet Voss across the glitter line!  As you can see my method is MUCH more effective than applying the glitter then the eyeliner, glitter is extremely messy, why go through the hassle when now all thats left is applying your FAVORITE falsies?! I felt my KoKo lashes in Goddess emphasized and expressed this look best sooooo I applied them using my Revlon Lash Glue :). Hope you beauties enjoyed, yippie!!