Monday, July 4, 2016

Anemone Pamina: Grungy Red and Shimmering Yellow Blown Out Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                         While taking a peak at my previous postings, I realized the only flower combination I have taken on yet is that of an Orchid! Being Orchid's are one of FOUR favorite's I house, here is the second my loves, Anemone Hupehensis Var. Japonica Pamina.  Categorized by their beautiful silky pink hue and green foliage, this by far screams "summertime" the most, ironically enough Pamina's bloom in both the Summer and Fall months! Anyhow, you'll need to have QUITE a few blending brushes handy as well as the time and patience to throughly complete this tutorial, otherwise it'll be a waste; frumpy lines are a no go, same with unblended shadow. If you take a peak at the face makeup presented above you'll come to notice a key feature is glowing skin. I established a light coverage glow, thus making this once more perfect for the warmer months. Let's face it, tons of product in 80 degree weather is absolutely treacherous. Just as I make note in EVERY vibrant tutorial, please do not fear color, gel with it! Fear itself causes the most mistakes when it comes to makeup- think back to that one time your arm was shaking during the eyeliner process...but you overcame it soon enough, the same premise goes for vibrant and colorful shades! Treat each color just as a neutral and all shall blend beautifully. 

  Recent Tutorials

*Cover Fx Cream Foundation(s), N100 to contour, N0 to highlight
*Too Faced Bronzer, Snow Bunny
*Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix Highlight, Pink Light 

Instagram: Thaeyeballqueen
Twitter: Thaeyeballqueen
YouTube: Lilz Trueman 
              Today happened to be SUCH a beautiful day outside, it truly boosted my mood and somehow all my wishes came true to have hydrated, and radiant skin-- go figure! With that being said, prior to applying any sort of cosmetic product to my face I splashed warm water against my skin numerous times as this helps open the pores up and awaken one's senses.  Just before turning the water off I surged the cold water on full blast and thoroughly "closed" up my pores, perfect for tightening effect WITHOUT any harmful chemicals. To enrich my skin in vitamins I took a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil and gently disbursed it around all zones of my face starting from the center easing my way out with massaging motions to my hairline, a beaker full of product should suffice!  Nowwww onto the primer, (as an 'fyi' Fresh's Seaberry Oil absorbs into one's pores in the matter of five minutes, perfect for those with no patience such as myself) using exactly a pump of the Marc Jacobs Coconut Water Perfecting Face Primer on the back of my hand, I gently disbursed tiny dashed of the product onto all high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, forehead, chin).  Once I had my desired placement set, I proceeded to softly blending the priming serum in starting from my left cheek moving clockwise up towards my forehead! When it comes to foundation, especially in the Summer, heavy coverage is dreaded upon, but sometime's us beauties need it to have a little extra coverage on blemishes and such-- so how do we use medium to full coverage WITHOUT the caked up and melted off effect? It's quite simple actually! Starting with your foundation of choice, I went for the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain, and left off priming product, mix the two together and with a dense foundation brush such as a Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer begin gently stippling the mixture against your skin, I find using LARGE disbursing methods best, for areas needing extra coverage concentrate the foundation to primer pigment strictly on those zones!  While you might still have a bit of redness or sallowness seeping through, fear not contouring genius is making way, just view the photo presented to the left of this paragraph ;). Normally, or in the past rather, I fully coated my skin in cream contouring products.  Through experimentation I found this made me look "unreal" and the products clogged my pores terribly, my new line of action you might ask? Creating THIN lined designs with using the least amount of product possible in an effective mannerism. With my  Sephora #20 brush I swirled into Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in N100 (contour) and gently flicked it in various uplifting designs starting from the hollows of my cheeks making way to the sides of my nose! As far as highlighting goes, I was very light on the application, N0 was used to highlight my under eye area in swirled designs, down the bridge of my nose, spot correction on my forehead for blemishes, and on my jawline to chin area in squiggled lines. For blending purposes, I picked up my E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush and just as the brush is named stippled upon my skin with gentle pricking motions the creamy products!

                               Trust me, the tedious factors of this makeup look are OVER, the fun stuff beings as we speak. Bronzing powder is extremely important as it warms up one's complexion and in some cases works overtime in blushing too! Try to stick with warm toned shimmering hues that'll give a sun kissed effect, I went for my favorite Too Faced Bronzer in Snow Bunny. The bronzer was brushed upon the outer three of my face and dusted lightly on the sides of my nose using a Mac 168 brush! To add depth and dimension back to my skin I lightly dusted the deep bronze shade from my Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Powder Pallet around the perimeter of my face (under my chin towards my jawlines, not the sides), in the hollows of my cheeks, and especially on the sides of my nose. By this point I would highly suggest using a powder foundation or setting powder across highlighting zones of your face to ensure the products at hand do not SHFIT throughout your wear time (Marc Jacobs Featherweight Powder Foundation, 120)! For what it's worth pink glows always yield a form of "expression" or mood throughout one's photo; wether it be HAPPY or sensual,  please do not use anything other than a shimmering champagne to bright lilac glimmer glow powder wise. I personally went for Revlon's Photoready Insta-Fix Highlighting stick in Pink Light and smudged the stick across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of one's nose, cupids bow, forehead, chin), the product was blended all in with my cleaned ring finger. Switching back to my Mac 168 brush I gently patted into the blushing shade from the Bh Cosmetics Floral Blush Duo in Lilac and proceeded to blending it onto the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline, be sure to have a gorgeous disbursed finish that still blushes color ;)! Since I had the duo handy I went into the shimmering lilaced pink highlight and "swirled" it across the high points of my face, this powder really helps to accentuate key features while brining and uplifting effect to ANY skin tone.  IF for any reason a lilac happens to wash your skin tone out (darker beauties), try opting in for a peachy glow, it'll interchange perfectly! For the lips I coated Peach Poppy by Maybelline against my upper and bottom lip and sealed the deal with a light coating of Gerard Cosmetics Lightened Lipgloss in Spring Fling. Setting Powder wise I VERY LIGHTLY applied Laura Mercier's Translucent Loose Powder under my eyes, on the sides of my nose, and on my chin/forehead with my E.L.F Studio Stipple Brush.  To lock my makeup in place fully, and to ensure shifting is prevented completely, I spritzed on a few sprays of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray :)! I recommend using a setting spray especially with the amount (though used scarcely) of makeup presented in this tutorial, better safe than sorry cuties!
*Morphe Brushes 35 Color Shimmer Nature Glow Eyeshadow Pallet 35OS: Column 6, Row 5 (transitional shade, crease shade 1)
*Urban Decay Electric Pallet: Savage (inner V, crease shade 2)
*Mac Cosmetics Eye Shadow Pan, Passionate (inner V, crease shade 3)
*Lime Crime Venus Pallet: Muse (inner V, lower lash line, crease shade 4); Aura (brow bone)
*Bh Cosmetics Foil Eyes 28 Color Eyeshadow Pallet: Column 5, Row 3+4 (lid)
*Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow Pan, In the Spotlight (inner corners)
*Colourpop Creme Gel Eyeliner, Boots
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                              Looking at the product list perspectively you shall come to the conclusion only SEVEN eyeshadow shades were incorporated in the finished eye makeup look, it might seem excessive due to the long drawn down product layout HOWEVER each color works into another, hear me out! First off, you must have a base prepared prior to any shadow application, this includes a priming base and filled in brows.  For both endeavors I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel, brow wise, and Bobbi Brown's Cream Eyeshadow in Bone priming wise! For as long as you chose a sticky eyeshadow base either leaning pure white or skin toned, is for the amount of time your pigments will shine through to their full potential; try blending your primer under your lower lash line especially since a blown out smokey effect will take place. Anyhow, just as follows from the step-by-step pictorial depicted above, the first hue added to my crease is Column 6, Row 5 from the Morphe Brushes 35 Color Nature Glow Eyeshadow Pallet! Being this is ONLY a transitional shade, I took a fluffy Morphe E22 Pointed Blender and lightly disbursed the rustic brown into the natural creasing of my eye socket with fluent side to side motions. To being adding decent pigment and vibrancy I transitioned into Savage from the Urban Decay Electric Pallet, this shade will yield a firmer fluffier blending brush such as a M433 Morphe Brush! Starting from the outer third of my lid I gently began patting the vibrant neon pink shade into my crease to ensure pigment would not be washed out, from there I moved forth in smudging the hue in, this will take only about a minute's time to evenly blend the color in. When it comes to colorful shades you simply CANNOT go from one end to another, a gradience is needed! Quickly going into Passionate by Mac I smudged this deep pink into the inner V of my eye with light circular motions flicking upwards, this shade was deepened up for the LAST TIME with Muse from the Lime Crime Venus Pallet. Speaking of Muse, Muse was brushed under my lower lash line with that same M433 Morphe Brush using steady side to side sweeps, if needed switch back to the E22 to "fluff" out the product further! Going in with a Mac 224 tapered blending brush I dusted Aura onto my brow bones with windshield wiper motions, in the process I also slightly blended in the crease hues further. Before adding liner and lashes using my pinky finger I smudged In the Spotlight Foiled Eyeshadow by Makeup Geek into the inner corners of my eyelid, AND using a 239 Mac brush patted Column 5, Row 3+4 WET across my eyelids in two light layers (view photo 3).

                               If you don't already own Colourpop's Creme Gel Eyeliner in Boots, YOU NEED IT NOW!  Jokes aside, if you truly do not encompass this product apply white eyeliner to your waterline and pat Savage pigment by Urban Decay across with a cleaned thin pointed brush! Being I have the luxury of this $5.00 product (view my REVIEW by clicking this link) I gently smudged it across my waterline and followed through with lining my upper lash line using Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner in Black Ink. Try sticking with medium thick wings holding a MATTE finish, shiny eyeliners will detract attention away from the shimmering yellow eyeshadow! FINALLY, the finishing steps include coating one's lashes in their favorite mascara (Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara) and one applying their favorite DRAMATIC spiky lashes (KoKo Lashes in Goddess). I hope you beauties enjoyed this blog post tutorial, AND I hope you all had an amazing Fourth of July, cheers :)!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave