Saturday, June 4, 2016

White and Gold Glittery Summer Ice Queen Makeup Tutorial


                           Day in and day out I ask myself, "what color combination have I NOT completed yet?".  After given some thought it crossed my mind that I've NEVER done an all white makeup look, lips included! This is a color spectrum many steer clear of due to the "wash out" effect left behind, luckily I canceled out this issue by included cool silver tones AND reflective gold to white glitter hues. This is def a blog post tutorial you MUST take your time with! Though it in total ranked up to 40 minutes time, which isn't a lot considering the lengthiness of my other tutorials, you still should work in light layers and "FEEL" the makeup.  If you're not digging the paint on ya' skin, the selfie, the photos, the everything WILL NOT come out like Queen Supreme over here-- always think happy thoughts, or in my case being an ice queen ;)! Now, is my Ice Queen look a tad late considering the seasons have shifted to the sunnier side of town? Hell no! Ice Queens are queening all year around, even in the summer.  The summer calls for warmer tones, rather cool blues and such! I truly do hope you beauties enjoy the dramatic makeup presented above and to the right-- while you're at it be sure to check out my previous blog post, it happened to be the #highlighterchallenge, or in my case "everyday June" makeup :)!
*Hourglass Ambient Bronzer, Luminous Bronze Light
*ABH Illuminator, Starlight

                           Let's take a moment to give kudos directed towards my mom, she's the beholder of this opalescent look moreover :)! Let's also take a moment to praise the fact my skin has cleared up TREMENDOUSLY-- I found that when I go weeks without shaving the breakouts begin due to ingrown hairs occurrences, yes, YUCK.  Prior to getting into any makeup details, let's walk through the cleansing process! With any snow queen inspired look you want your skin to be a tone lighter than usual, which means try to opt in for brightening cleansers to form the illusion of lighter skin. I used my typical Perfectly Posh Pore-fect big face bar cleanser simply because it's a Vegan product naturally formulated to brush impurities to the surface! What I love most about this product is there is NO FOAMING, thus the natural acid mantel of your face will maintain at a normal PH level-- long story short you'll have baby butt smooth skin. Once I washed off the pore-fect bar cleanser I took a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil and disbursed it all over my skin starting from the center of my face out towards my hairline, I gave the oil a good 10 minutes to sink into my pores! I dunno about you beauties, but I personally prefer alternating my primers as my skin is always changing. Today I used the Marc Jacobs Coconut Water Primer to hydrate and refresh my skin! Only a pump was needed, I used the same disbursing method as used with my facial oil to evenly section out the creamy formula. Normally with Nars's Sheer Glow Foundation I am the shade Gobi, however going along with the "one shade lighter" concept I opted in for Siberia which is the slightest bit of a change from Gobi! With exactly a quarter sized amount of the product on the back of my hand I picked up the foundation using my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and gently began downward stroking it onto my skin starting from the center of my left cheek inwards towards my nose. This is generally a LIGHT foundation, coverage wise, so if you must build up the pigment, though I wouldn't suggest it since cream contouring is included for this tutorial, work in light layers!

                      I got a bit creative on the cream contouring as doing the same bold line method get's a tad boring, if you catch my drift! Today I used my typical Cover Fx Cream Foundation duo in N100 to "contour" and in N0 to "highlight", please keep in mind contouring varies from person to person-- do ONLY what looks and works best for you, and be sure to know your products from the outside in.  Using my cleaned Sephora Concealer Brush I gently stroked the neutral pale shade onto all highlighting zones of my face, these include the under eye area, forehead, chin, bridge of ones nose, and jaw! Being I use my contour more so as a bronzing shade,  I went straight into N100 with N0 still excessed all over my brush, and stroked it onto the sides of my nose connected at the tip, under my lip for definition, and on the hollows of my cheeks followed by my jawline.  To blend these products effortlessly in I picked up my beloved Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and began gently stippling the bristles against my skin, soft motions work best! IF for whatever reason the creams won't blend you can always opt in for spritzing a setting spray on your skin such as Fix+, I'm just not a fan of the formula as it made me break out-- beauty is pain :).  Once the creams were fully blended I switched to my Mac 168 and brushed Hourglass's Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light across all zones the sun naturally hits-- these include the temples, hollows of ones cheeks, and the jaw line! Try to steer clear of shimmery bronzers on the sides of your nose, this'll widen your features rather contour em', trust me, I've been there and done that.  Too set the contour further I used the dark bronze shade provided in the Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Contour Powders Pallet (Mirage Filter) and stippled it across the hollows of my cheeks followed by the sides of my nose and under my chin! I find the stippling method to work BEST especially with creamy products that never mattify down. 

                              OMG! You loves need to try out the LA Girl Velvet Blush Contour Sticks. They're uber cheap AND blend out like a dream! For todays look I used the shade dreamy which is a light warm toned baby pink, quite unique if ya' ask me.  Using that same Elf Ultimate Blending Brush that was used for blending purposes with the cream contour, I gently brushed the bristles against the contour stick and proceeded to stippling on the product from the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline, this gives the illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones WHILE disbursing out a perfect flush! Steer clear of overpowering colors such as purple, red, or even mauve.  Baby pink's are your best bet-- the same concept goes for the highlight used! You want to stick towards the light luminescent side of town, moreover white glows, at most pink.  I chose to try out Estee Lauder's EDIT by Estee Flash Illuminator in Spotlight once more, we left on bad terms back in March :(! Using half a pump of the product I took my index finger and gently patted the gel formula onto the high points of my face (bridge of nose, cheekbones, chin, cupids bow, and forehead), don't fear building up pigment with this, the glowier the better.  To set the gel product and amp things up justtttt a bit I dusted Starlight Illuminator by Anastasia Beverly Hills across the same areas Spotlight touched with my Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush, this brush is AMAZING, not too thin and not too thick!  Using Jefree Star's Liquid Lipstick in Drug Lord PROBABLY would of been best, however we make do with whats available. As an alternative I applied Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over my lips with TWO coatings followed by a light patting of Make Up Forever's Glitter in N3 centered :).  To set my skin I dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder directly under my eyes, mainly to dust away excess glitter left behind! The rest of the setting powder was applied onto my entire nose, my chin, forehead, and a bit on the sides of my nose since I have a bit of a cold! I then finished off with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray with a few spritzes capturing all angles of my face. 
*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 5, Column 7 (lid and crease), Row 1, Column 4 (crease)
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn
                                  Surprisingly enough the eye makeup was a 10 minute drill! As long as you beauties concentrate on your lines and glitter placement this will be an absolute breeze. ALSO, yes the step by step photos are back, commence yaying :)! To accomplishing this intricate frosty delight you'll need to have groomed brows, preferably thin in size, which all in all means go light on defining your brows. I chose to use my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel simply because it quickly darkens the brow hairs without being too overpowering like the infamous dipbrow pomade!  I then got right to work with smudging Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across both of my lids, once the smudging was completed I gently disbursed and blended the product up towards my brow bones and my under eye areas as seen with the first image above using a cleaned ring finger.  As you can see the eye makeup is more fast paced than usual for dazzling effects, this is due to the products at hand being extremely pigmented and VERY blendable, thus not much time needs to be spent in those time parching departments! Anyhow, the first shadow up is Row 5, Column 7 from the Morphe 35U Eyeshadow Pallet-- it's an opaque shimmery white.  The shade was blended across both my eyelids using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, once desired pigment was achieved I began bringing the color up towards my crease and under my lower lash line! To add some drama and definition (try to go light on the drama, no blacks) I finalized the crease with Row 1, Column 4, a shimmering silver! The silver was swished throughout the natural creasing of my eye socket by using the mixture of side to side motions and tiny circular motions this way the shadow flared out towards the tail end of my brow :).  Before adding glitter simply dust your highlighter of choice across your brow bones, I used ABH's Starlight!

                             NOWW to the part all of you beauties love the best...and so do I, duh! With exactly a pea-sized amount of the Too Faced Glitter Bonding Glue onto the back of my hand I picked up the product using my ring finger and gently patted it across both my lids, entirely. I then worked quick in patting Make Up Forever's N3 glitter across with fluent motions, this glue tends to dry quick! Excess glitter left on my finger was smudged under my lower lash line, I tried keeping it close to the tear ducts of my eye this way light would attract to the centers.  When glitter in brought into the picture eyeliner can be challenging, so rather applying Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk directly to a brush I simply smudged it across my waterline followed by my upper lash line with FIRM drags, you want it to topple over the glitter!! Be sure to wing out the eyeliner to the point it extends and almost touches the tail end of your eyebrow, view image 5 as a reference.  By this point the eyeshadow, glitter, and liner is complete only a few more steps are included! Speaking of those steps, I coated my lashes with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and finished up with my favorite KoKo lashes, Marilyn.  IF you want to be a bit more dramatic you can then flick a black liner out towards your tear ducts to "elongate" your eye shape, I did this as a last step simply because I wanted the liner to remain WHITE, not black (E.L.F. Precision Liquid Eyeliner)! Have a splendid start up to your week beauties, come Thursday you can count on a new rockin' tutorial.  By the way, WELCOME NEW FOLLOWERS :)!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave