Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Under 10 Minutes Glam Warm Toned Brown Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                Under 10 MINUTES, wahhhh? I figured not many beauties have the luxury of time as well as a wide range of makeup products to use, so why not create an uber glam look in a short amount of time? Surprisingly NO contour was used neither a foundation, or bronzer-- it's all in the concealer, blush, and glow product!  Let's face it hotter weather doesn't exactly agree with mounds of makeup, this minimalist look plays up strictly on the eye makeup AND plum lip factor, riddled a tad with illuminator.  On the ups this can be interchanged with a variety of lip colors! Ranging from pastel blue to chocolate brown, ANYTHING goes.  As you loves know I started my "Restart the Spectrum" series last night, brown is the newest edition! The whole point of this series is too allow me to grow in a way that pushes my limits, a minimalist glam look that appears equivalent to tons of makeup is one way to improve ;).  Speaking of that previous and FIRST tutorial of my Restart the Spectrum series, here is a quick link to it: Glittery Lime Green and Teal Cut Crease. Anyhoo, let's get into details, do be noted this will be rather short, unless I feel the need to write an essay on off-topic matters! Have your brushes cleaned, as well as your face, and you're set to go.  


                              Lillee was a bad girl today, no face washing...oops :). All I had done previous to makeup application is apply my Perfectly Posh Stay Gold Face Mask, it contains certain ingredients such as turmeric and honey that help soothe the skin, something I much needed! Once the mask began hardening, 4 minutes in, with a damp rag I gently rubbed the product off and proceeded onto applying a beaker full of my Fresh Seaberry Oil, the oil was distributed from the center of my face out towards my hairline, makes for even coverage in the long run. It's so weird typing directive that in tern comes out to short sentences, I'm so used to my lengthy blog posts hehe! Anyhow, my moisturizer/oil of choice only took 3 minutes to absorb into my pores, so I took the opportunity to apply Bobbi Brown's Enriched Face Base Primer across all zones of my face with tiny dashes.  Jar primers are both a godsend AND pain in the booty, too work around the odds I prefer dashing dots onto the high points of my face (tops of cheeks, center of nose, dashed on the forehead and a tad on the chin) followed by a light smoothing in of the product making sure to evenly disburse out towards my hairline! Being this face base enriches a mound of vitamins to the skin, thus leaving a healthy glow behind, I jumped right into the next step as opposed to allowing the primer to set, no foundation means certain tricks need to be done in order to receive high coverage and a dewy skin effect. As modeled in the picture to the left there is the placement for the Tarte Aquacealer Concealer, it essentially was applied to ALL highlighting zones straight from the doe-tip applicator! If you're unsure as to what "highlighting zones" are fear not let me explain :). Highlighting zones are areas that one generally prefers bringing "light" to, it's commonly paired with contouring and known as the "a few shades lighter" color! In the case of today the shade is my skin tone and is NOT paired with a contour, which all in all was a relief for my skin, gave it time to breathe. As far as blending goes I picked up my freshly cleaned Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and began lightly stippling the product under my eyes with soft patting motions, the same fluency of blending methods was taken all around my face! When extra coverage was needed on a possible break out, I simply dotted the concealer on that area of need, waited a few minutes for the formula to get tacky, and with a clean ring finger patted the product firmly in. 

                    Now onto the finer things in life, blush :)! I wanted to choose something that had a shimmery factor to it with a hint of coral because this combination gives the illusion of bronzier skin, sans the actual bronzer and powder contour.  Using Becca's Beach Tint in Guava/Moonstone, I stippled my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush into the product and proceeded too patting it onto the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline, applying the blush this way helps mimic that higher pulled up cheekbone effect as well! To add a sense of glow I brushed Benefit's High Beam across the high points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, cupids bow, forehead and chin) and with my ring finger gently blended it outwards, the liquid was set with a light dusting of Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated using a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush. As far as the lipstick goes I chose Milani's Color Statement Lipstick in 26 Nude Creme, it's a beautiful light peach that would work for ANY skin complexion, and tone! To formally set my skin and give me an airbrushed finish WITHOUT the excess usage of products, I dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all zones of my face, that includes brushing the white powder over my nose. Please be aware I went into this look with one main concept of waterproofing the makeup in mind, a setting spray is NOT optional, it'll remove the powdered effect left behind from the setting powder and it'll enhance the makeup while prolonging the wear time! I chose my typical Urban Decay All Nighter Spray simply because it never fails hehe. 
*Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Pallet: Bon Bon (lid), Peanut Butter (lid, lower lash line, transitional shade), Truffled (inner V), Hot Fudge (lower lash line), Butter Pecan (brow bone, tear ducts)
*Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess (optional)
                         A TON of eyeshadows were used, however each coincides with each other! For example, without Peanut Butter smoothed through the crease as a transitional shade, Truffled would look completely bizarre.  Try not to get too overwhelmed my loves :).  First things first, get your brows fully groomed and into tip top shape! It actually DOES NOT matter what brow style you prefer-- thick, slim, fuzzy, no brows, everything works for this eyeshadow look. For today I lightly defined my eyebrows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel, no overlining was done, just some definition added to spruce them up! IF you want, you can use a primer for the eyeshadow, however I figured since I brushed over my lids with the concealer this isn't needed. The first color up happened to be Bon Bon, with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender I firmly smudged the shade across both my lids followed by Peanut Butter smudged right after onto the exact positioning Bon Bon was applied, the matte rustic hue was then blended up into my crease with fluent side to side motions! For added definition I then took Truffled and with a more defined, fluffier blender M433 Morphe Brush, I took the dark brown into the inner V of my eye with slight circular motions, I tried best to follow the natural creasing of my eye socket for the most natural definition and drama reached. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BUILD UP PIGMENT!!! If anything, working in layers is your best bet to reviving extremely blended out eyeshadow, take you time this will consume up most of the 10 minutes. Before moving further switch back to your firm pointed blender of choice, in my case the Moprhe E22, and blend Butter Peacan across the brow bones as well inner corners of your eyes! While doing this you should see the crease "smooth" out a tad with a gradience of color achieved :).

                          Now that the upper eye makeup is set, sans the liner and lashes, I started dolling up the lower lash line! The first shade smudged across was Peanut Butter using a cleaned Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush, to add a smokier effect I then picked up Hot Fudge and smudge it across, but this time close to the lash line.  The liner will be QUITE TRICKY to some, however in reality it is simple because perfection is NOT needed! All I did was tug Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across my upper lash line and waterline, then with my Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush began smudging the liner with side to side motions quickly while it was soft to ease it upwards.  There was substantial product left on the bristles of my 212 so I went ahead and gave myself a cute cat wing as well! As far as lashes go, I coated my eyelashes multiple times with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and sealed the deal with my beloved KoKo lashes in Goddess :).  Do be aware the falsies are completely optional! This is a glam look on it's own, and for some an everyday glam look at that.  Hopefully you beauties enjoyed, I apologize for the false information on my previous blog post stating the next tutorial would mimic a "joker" color, that'll come soon, just not today ;)! FYI in the image ALLL the way above the chocolate brown featured on my lips is from Dose of Colors, it's Chocolate Wasted
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave