Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sultry Glittery Baby Pink Barbie Inspired Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                    Gahh, I swear the Barbie series is my FAVORITE!  Though some single minded beauties out there might believe the only combination available is...50 shades of pink, I am here to clarify that is WRONG. There are ENDLESS combinations, and a sort of "confidence" boost given throughout the application process! Just look at my most recent 1950's Barbie rumination of the original doll, do you see pink? Nope, powdered blue and bold red! A cult classic, Barbie looks are defined by their girly nature with a pinch of spice, that refers to vibrancy my loves.  Anyhow, getting back onto the beat and track of the makeup presented both above AND to the right of this paragraph, I opted in for the most minimalistic, girly, and "sweet" look yet for this series! This DOES NOT require an expert skill level, all you need handy is ONE blending brush, a good glow, and a positive attitude, trust me it'll alllllll shine through ;). Please be aware the concealer I chose (view product list below) was doubled as a foundation-- generally speaking concealers are LESS of a skin match than foundations (ironic I know), so I had to do manipulate and perhaps use "more" product than usual to even the undertone out! Other than that slight mishap the makeup went SPECTACULARLY, and only took half an hour...shorter than my more simplistic looks hmmmmm. Let's get into it cuties!

    PREVIOUS BARBIE SERIES TUTORIALS             RECENT TUTORIALS (catch up)
           *1950's BARBIE                                                                  *Electric Purple Orchid 
           *Iridescent BARBIE                                                             *Glittery Sea Foam Blue 
               *Spring BARBIE                                                                  *Classic Thick Black Wings
   *New Years BARBIE                                                           *June Makeup Haul

*Too Faced Le Grand Palais: Sun Bunny Bronzer (same as bigger version)
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, Medium Tan (Havana)
                              This morning I truly had the blues, just wasn't feeling the vibe for a full blown facial routine, so I decided to splash a few rounds of steaming hot water onto my skin followed by a firm pat drying using a clean towel, and a hydrating setting using my Fresh Seaberry Oil! Do keep in mind OVER washing one's skin is just as bad as NOT washing one's skin period, know your body and change with the times of what is presented towards you :).  Being my facial oil was used scarcely, thus took no time to absorb into my pores, I jumped right into the priming stage with my favorite Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base! Just as explained in my tutorial I enjoy taking tiny fingertip full's of the product and dashing it across the high points of my face, these correlate moreover to EACH zone which include the tops of one's cheeks, the bridge of one's nose, one's chin, and one's forehead. Using this method helps to save product in the long run and ensure you'll always receive a perfect blend each time! Speaking of blends, with a squeaky clean hand I gently disbursed the primer in using large circular motions starting from the center of my face going out towards my hairline. DON'T NEGLECT THE HAIRLINE!! Especially in these warmer months when your scalp is profusely sweating, it'll become noticeable-- the difference between HEY BRONZE SKIN, and HEY LOOK A PINK OUTLINED FACE...mix the two together and it tis' not a cute duo. The same purpose goes for foundation, hence why I chose a heavy duty waterproofing concealer since the spot application is MUCH easier and feels lighter! Take a peek at the photo presented to the left, there you shall see the Tarte Aquacealer in action...and how pink it looks against my skin, but as I said in the introductory para, FEAR NOT LILLEE FIXES ALL MWAHAHA.  Essentially, I applied the shade 'Fair' under my eyes in quick dashes, on both my jawlines in thick swoops, down the bridge of my nose shooting up towards my forehead, and on the sides of my nose-- highlighting ZONES with the added coverage over any hormonal acne spots! I allowed the concealer to dry for around 1 1/2 minutes until I blended the product in using stippling motions with my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush.  In case you're curious, the drying then blending method "cakes" the concealer up to a thicker consistency; all in all MORE coverage can be achieved using less product!  

             Here is where all shall get scary...even scary to me...and a little worse than cream contouring prior to blending.  ALRIGHT, so after the concealer was fully blended in and allowed to thoroughly mattify down I picked up my L.A. Girl USA Cosmetics Velvet Contour Stick Blush in Dreamy and straight from the stick smudged it from the apples of my cheeks up towards my hairline-- I figure getting the creams out of the way first is best ;)!  Picking my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush back up I went to blending heaven once more, this time around focusing on tiny clockwise circular motions that gradient up to my cheekbones and SLIGHTLY down to the hollows of my cheeks.  Honestly speaking, don't be afraid to have dramatic pigment on your blusher of choice! Why you might ask? Once a contour and CREAM/LIQUID/GEL illuminator is added ontop, the intensity intensifies down, thus the clown effect is gone.
                      Before getting into the illumination process however, I quickly bronzed my skin up using Sun Bunny Bronzer by Too Faced and my Mac 168. The product was lightly blended onto the outer third of my face which includes my temples, hollows of the cheeks, and jawline-- for the fun of it I dusted excess on my nose as it evened out those pink undertones left behind from the concealer! For extra definition I took Havana from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit and followed that same "outer 3" shape along with the sides of my nose for added drama. Nooooow to the glow! Using a freshly cleaned Mac Duo-Fibre 132 brush and a pea-sized amount of the Nars Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana, I gently began brushing the glowy product onto the high points of my face, just as pictured to the left. To set the liquid product AND add a flawless dew I brushed a bit of Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated onto those same high points, however this time focusing mostly on the bridge of my nose + cheekbones :)!

                 The lips happen to be my FAVORITE pink hue EVER (take note of my side bar colors), I was super pleased with the results I got by using Katy Perry's X Covergirl new Cat Call lipstick and Buxom's Kayla Gloss! Please check out my June Haul so you can get full blown swatches of the collection, along with a review video (scroll up and click "june haul" on the recent tutorials list). Once the eye makeup was fullllly completed and checked over I proceeded to dusting on Bare Mineral Mineral Veil onto my skin starting from my under eye areas with a Makeup Geek Stippling Foundation Brush! You loves NEED to invest in this MUG brush, it picks up the perfect amount of product and without doubt I believe would be the perfect bake setter.  The finishing step includes Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray, only a few spritzes are needed and you girl, are SET :)!
*Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil,  Strawberry Milk
*Too Faced Le Grand Palais: Skyline (lid)
*Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet: Totally Fetch (inner V)
*Lime Crime Venus PalletMuse (lower lash line, inner V), Shell (inner corners)
*Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                        Product overload AHH! In reality only FOUR shades were used to complete the eye makeup, sans glitter, which is considerably a good deal being most of my Barbs' looks are over the top in terms of products used.  To get the ball rolling straight from the gecko, I defined both my brows with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel and primed my lids using Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk! The primer shade you use is NOT necessarily important, however keeping close towards the pink spectrum will simply be beneficial to you loves :).  Being I have absolutely no matte light baby pink's in sight I opted in for using a powder blush as eyeshadow, something not unusual, however not done everyday! With that being said, using the shade Skyline from the Too Faced Le Grand Palais pallet and a M433 Morphe Brush (fluffier the better), I gently smudged the color across both my eyelids and blended it up towards the creasing of my eye socket-- this shade shall double as a lid+transitional shade color.  To begin adding immediate drama I then took Love+ by Sugarpill and with that same M433 softly blended it into my crease, this time around focusing on a concentration of pigment closer to the outer third of my lid! Love+ as vibrant as it CAN be definitely takes time to build up pigment wise, though I always encourage layers, GO FULL ON ROUGE and smudge that brush into the shadow until it's beat red. 

                 I believe the reason of why many "mess up" colorful shadow is they forget everything has a gradience! While pink can smoothly go into red, red cannot smoothly go into burgundy without a magenta base, so I took Totally Fetch from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Pallet and applied it to the inner V of my eye, this really took no time to blend in as I used a variety of side to side and upward flicking motions.  Since I already had the color on my mind I decided to go ahead and smudge it on my lower lash line using the pointed bullet side of my Smashbox Full Exposure Brush! The same concept of gradience proceeds here, only this time I then smudged Love+ close to my lash line followed by Lime Crime's Muse-- as an FYI Muse was then smudged up into the inner V of my eye, using side to side motions rather circular motions is most effective in getting a seamless blend.  Though I used my fingers, a brush is perfectly fine; using my pinky I dabbed into the shade 'Shell' and smudged it into the inner corners of my eye, once my desired pigment was reached I took a finger full of the Bh Cosmetics Glitter in Baby Pink and patted it into the tear ducts...be careful to NOT get any in your eye!

                        The finishing steps are rather tedious but truly do complete the eye makeup presented above. With that being said, once shadow application and glitter was perfected, perhaps a few brushings over with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I THICKLY lined my upper lash line using Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Pen Liner in Black. I then smudged Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across my waterline heavily followed by a smudging of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on my lashes, and a sealed deal with KoKo's Goddess falsies using their KoKo lash glue! As you beauties can see, this makeup look is QUITE doable, you just need time, patience, and the correct mindset to do so. BY THE WAY, what do you loves think of my new logo my papa bear created it, and innovated off of my original concept! Anyhoo, cheers stay tuned for the YouTube tutorial, this time around a tutorial WILL be published, I got my program under control. 




SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave