Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Glittery Lime Green and Teal Cut Crease Makeup Tutorial


                                       My previous makeup tutorial (White and Gold Glittery Summer Snow Queen) was actually the BEST thing I could of ever done, it virtually was like a blank slate "restarting" the rainbow spectrum! On this fine Monday night I put together a glittery lime green cut crease eye makeup look paired with a glittery twin, olive and teal lips. I have been MOONING over Lime Crime's Velvetine in Trouble (click for April review) since the day I purchased it back in April-- the shade is absolutely gorgeous and quite unique, I just HAD to use it! Please keep in mind cut crease makeup looks DO take time since us beauties want the lines to be as sharp as possible, point is don't rush the eye makeup, in fact for today I actually began with it rather my typical order of face makeup first.  In order to understand makeup, you must open you mind up to the different possibilities such as change. This concept encompasses the factor of knowing your products inside and out, as well as your skin! Being cool-neutral toned greens were used, you ought' to think of working around your skin complexion-- for example, warmer greens for warm complexions. Normally I don't introduce bending of rules when it comes to color HOWEVER, this is not a tutorial everyone can pull off since it is VERY dramatic and once more requires patience! Let's get into the full blown details, you loves WILL enjoy 💋.

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
*Cover Fx Cream Foundation(s), N100 to contour, N0 to highlight
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 
*Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Matte Lipstick, Trouble + Bh Cosmetics Lime Green Glitter + Violet Voss Glitter, Teresa Glitter (soft teal)

                             The power of makeup tag seems to be getting quite popular again, so I decided to give it a shot :)! On the left is no makeup, the right with makeup in specific to this tutorial.  Why do I wear makeup? Well for starters the process is VERY therapeutic for me...I tend to be a hothead hehe.  It also allows me to express how I feel fully through makeup application on my skin- from vibrant red lips to rustic hues, it's all me and represents who I AM! I am not advocating I am less of a person without makeup, I am simply stating it gives me SO much joy, this is my passion.  Yes, makeup DOES come with the hate (funny they're only online haters haha), but honestly speaking I could care less because there is something BEYOND TWISTED with one who judges art work- and yes makeup is ART, the face being a canvas. Aside from that mini rant, prior to actually putting the makeup on I made sure to cleanse my skin thoroughly using  Perfectly Posh's Pore-fect big face bar cleanser, this PH-balanced scrub ensures a baby butt smooth finish! I set my bare skin with ONE beaker full of Fresh's Seaberry Oil, the oil was disbursed all over my face starting from the center (nose) out towards my hairline.  After give or take 4 minutes (allow your moisturizer or facial oil to sink into your pores) I then moved along to applying my Bobbi Brown Enriched Face Base Primer using CLEANED hands, mimicking the same blending method for my facial oil I lightly eased this glowy product in! By this point I actually put the face makeup on hold and proceeded to working on dolling up my eyes, for the sake of order pretend as if the eye makeup was completed ;).  With exactly a half a pump of the Tarte Water Foundation on the back of my hand, I picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and went to blending heaven! I personally prefer dashing little strokes of the product onto all zones of my face prior to blending as this helps me gauge the amount being applied to my face, don't fear working in layers. 


                 What do you beauties think of the new series title by the way, "RESTART THE SPECTRUM"? I tried opting in for something that would encompass the full concept at hand without being too long, haven't done a series in a few months. Anyhow, onto the cream contouring portion we go!! Rather my typical heavy cream contouring ways, I shed back on the layers and went for a light and airy contour, in other words I used less product.  First off, using Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in N0 I gently yet firmly applied the pale ivory to my under eye area in inverted triangles, from my forehead to the tip of my nose with multiple thin lines, and on my jawlines to chin with quick dashes using my Sephora Concealer Brush! As far as contouring goes, I took N100 by Cover Fx and swiftly dashed it across the hollows of my cheeks, sides of my nose, and very slimly on my jawline. If you desire more coverage a quick trick is to let the creams set for a few minutes THEN blend em' out, creams up the consistency to a thicker paste! Speaking of blending, I used my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and went in mainly with stippling motions to thoroughly blend the products in. Due to the lack of creams for today's look it yielded a shorter drying time, so rather waiting I just jumped into the powder application! Bronzers are typically viewed as skin warmers and are only applied to the outer three of one's face and optionally the nose-- what if the bronzer was applied like a contour? Under one's chin following the faces perimeter and directly in the hollows-- this is my secret to why my contour always looks flawless ;). Using my Mac 168 I took Bobbi Brown's MATTE Bronzing Powder in Golden Light and did just that.  I blended the powder from the temples of my face down to the HOLLOWS of my cheeks and around to my jaw line, excess was taken under my chin and gently on the sides of my nose! The reason why I emphasize MATTE is because shimmers widen features, mattes contour.  Since contour is now in the picture frame, to set things fully I dusted the deep bronze shade found in the Marc Jacobs Filtering Powder Pallet (mirage filter) on the hollows of my cheeks, sides of my nose, and under my chin up to my jaw line with that same Mac 168! I then flipped back to my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and stippled LA Girl's Velvet Blush Contour Stick in Dreamy from the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline, this gives a pretty pink flush without being too overpowering.


                   A very light golden glow is Lillee approved for today! To achieve this I took a pea-sized amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana onto the back of my hand and with a cleaned ring finger gently tapped it onto the bridge of my nose, tops of my cheekbones, and on my cupids bow. I then set the liquid using Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed in Moonstone by using my Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush, excess left on the bristles was dusted over my forehead and chin :). Though the lips might seem complicated they were super easy to complete! I first coated my lips twice using Lime Crime's Velvetine in Trouble, then with my ring finger patted a mixture of Bh Cosmetic's Lime Green Glitter and Violet Voss's Teresa Glitter on the center quickly, the liquid lipstick has a sticky texture before drying SO I used it to my advantage.  To set my skin I brushed Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder onto ALL highlighting zones of my face, including my nose, and finished off with a light spritzing of Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray to refreshen my makeup and ensure it'll be long lasting!

*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: Column 7, Row 3 (cut crease outline, lower lash line, outer and inner of waterline); Column 6, Row 3 (definition to cut crease); Column 5, Row 2 (blended above cut crease)
*Urban Decay Electric Pallet, Freak+Trash (center of waterline)
*Violet Voss Glitter, Teresa Glitter (soft teal)
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                          Gahh, I am beyond happy I got such a good angle for the eye makeup, you can REALLY see how amazing the two glitters meld together! Before playing around with the shadow, preparation steps are needed-- BORING, I know.  For an effortless brow style I gently defined and filled in my brows using my beloved Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in the shade Caramel, all you need is a few strokes and you're set! Once I had the brows completed I smudged Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across both lids straight from the stick and with a cleaned ring finger blended the product up towards my brow bone and around to my lower lash line, SAVE this product for later it'll be used for the cut crease AND waterline base.  Speaking of cut crease, unleash the shadows my friend, MWAHAHA! Using the flip side of the Urban Decay Electric Pallet Brush (tiny shader) I went into a deep forest green provided in the Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Pallet and began outlining my crease (C7.R3). I prefer starting a few inches above my natural eye socket creasing as this yields the most natural cut, I then pulled from where the side of my nose begins upwards with tiny strokes and flicked out towards the tail end of my eye brow, try to keep your cut crease parabola shaped NOT like a thin line! Switching to a deeper green, C6.R3, I then gently re-defined the cut crease with tiny strokes, you'll start seeing a gradience occurring. To set the creasing I switched to the fluffier side of my UD brush and dusted C5.R3 above the cut crease line with side to side blending motions following the outlined shape at hand, if you must, run-through everything with a fluffy blending brush to ensure all shades are vibrant YET evenly disbursed!

                                   Nowwww the fun and artistic part begins.  Picking the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil back up I gently carved out my cut crease line starting from the bottom definition dragged out towards the flick, the product was blended downward to my lid using a cleaned ring finger! Doing this not only cleans up any wonky lines but it ensures the outcome will be extremely vibrant and sharp. I actually applied NO eyeshadow to my lids, I went straight to the glitter application, you can always dust a lime green across however I felt it was unnecessary as the glitter pigments cover well! With exactly a pea-sized amount of product, maybe less, I gently tapped the Too Faced Glitter Glue across both lids up towards the bottom definition of the cut crease, and directly under the tail end. I then began packing on Bh Cosmetic's Lime Green Glitter with my index finger with firm patting motions, minimal fall out occurred! Once I had my desired pigment reached, I switched to Teresa glitter by Violet Voss and patted it onto the INNER THIRD of my lid followed by the OUTER THRID flicked outwards slightly-- these two area's are highly important, the full lid cannot be the teal.  By this point the glitter placement should be FULLY in tact-- move along to lining your lids with THIN cat wings! I chose my Mac Creme Liner in black simply because it is water activated, thus the coverage is bold and trudges over thick glitter textures. Once I had my upper liner completed I moved down to my waterline and smudged Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk across, this is the last time the thick white will be of assistance :)! With a Sephora #92 precision brush and a mixture of Trash + Freak from the Urban Decay Electric Pallet, I gently patted the shade across my waterline followed by a patting of C7.R3 on the inner corners of my waterline + tear duct and outer corners of my waterline, moreover a forest green to light green to forest green contrast.  WHEW! That all was a complete mouthful, hopefully it transcended well to your pretty little heads!!  To fully finish up the eye makeup I coated my lashes several times with the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and topped it all off with KoKo Goddess Lashes (KoKo lash glue used). If you're curious as to what the next color might be, a hint is...joker style ;)!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave