Sunday, June 19, 2016

Electric Purple Orchid Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                  Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink...yet no purple in sight! I have corrected my wrong this morning with a beautiful orchid inspired electric purple smokey eye, the best part is ALL products used are Summer approved, thus you won't melt like an ice-cream cone, unless that's what you're into ;). It tis' quite ironic I have a low count of purple spectrum tutorials being this is my THIRD FAVORITE color, frightening, I know! Please do keep in mind dramatic makeup looks of the such WILL require patience, a steady hand, and the simplest of all, time.  Just as I had said the other day,  electrics CAN BE TRICKY to blend as they have the nature of being chalky, or having tremendous fall out! Though some might believe beginners, or intermediate makeup lovers should steer clear of vibrant hues, I personally believe with the right brushes and mindset ANYTHING is possible, even that dramatic smokey honey buns. Before getting straight into the full blown deets I would like to ask the question, "Do you beauties enjoy the incorporation of more drugstore products in my makeup looks? Or does it not matter to you?" I know not many are fortunate enough to spend on $20 dollar a pop lipsticks, or even eyeshadow pallets at that, so lately I've been running to the drugstore for amazing lip shades with superlative quality to high end brand products, just curious to know if it impacts you beauties, or not-- either way, I'm loving the high end to drug store duo :).

RECENT TUTORIALS/BLOG POSTS TO CHECK OUT AND CATCH UP ON

*Cover Fx Cream Foundation(s), N100 to contour, N0 to highlight
*Nars Multiple, Copacabana 

                              All the products mentioned above work in pairs of each other, don't be intimidated by the amount! For example, contour wise the Cover Fx Cream Foundations tag along with Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Powder, Marc Jacobs #instamarc Filtering Pallet, and Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer SoufflĂ©, nothing acts as an elephant in the room if ya' catch my drift.  Due too such an amount of products however I took EXTRA care of my skin today by applying my Perfectly Posh Stay Gold Face Mask, it contains ingredients such as milk and turmeric that brighten the skin while tightening pores! Why are these key factors important? Tightened pores repeal against clogging substances, and brightened skin helps one use less product, all in all a "WIN WIN" ;). This mask visibly mattifies down, so after 10-15 minutes of wear I gently washed the product off with lukewarm water followed by a light pat drying using a cleaned towel and a sealed deal using my Fresh Seaberry Oil, the oil helps bring moisture back to my skin while leaving a stunning radiance! To keep up that freshly washed radiance I opted in for my Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, not only does this act as a primer, it also works for the long run to tighten ones skin and prevent aging.  Using tiny dashes of the primer across EACH zone of my face (cheeks, nose, forehead, and chin) I firmly yet lightly blended the enriched face base in starting from the center disbursing out towards my hairline!  Since it is Summer SPF is a MUST!!! I chose my Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation SPF 20 in 31 Ambre Pale to not only have a natural glow at hand, but the protection I need to prevent unwanted sun exposure from occurring...even though I don't tan nor burn...grrrrr. With exactly ONE PUMP of the product placed onto the back of my hand, I picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and got right into my blending mojo! I personally prefer starting from the left side of my cheek gently stroking the product downwards followed by a slight stippling to add the desired coverage I want, obviously speaking use the method that works BEST FOR YOU, simply use my descriptions as a guide :). 

                 Might I say, contouring went swell as opposed to most days. Why is that you might ask? Well, I used only ONE BRUSH, and ONE TECHNIQUE, no fluff, just blending. With that being said, using my Pro Contour Blender #77 from the Sephora Collection, I gently picked up  a tad of Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in N0 (light neutral) (on the fat side of the brush) and proceeded to applying it under my eyes in inverted triangles, down the bridge of my nose shooting up towards my hairline, and one firm straight line from my left jaw to chin to right jaw. For contouring purposes I then took N100 (deep neutral) and placed thin lines down the sides of my nose, in the hollows of my cheeks, and right on the direct angle of my jawline! The unique cut of this brush makes application a DREAM, but blending so much easier. Keeping the curved shape at a flat angle, I gently "brushed" up the creamy pigments while making sure the concentrated hues remained in there places! In total blending time took 5 minutes, however the outcome was pure airbrushed beauty :)!! To ensure the contoured look at hand remained chiseled and glowy I set my skin using Bobbi Brown's Bronzing Powder in Golden Light.  The powder was brushed around the outer three of my face followed by a light dusting on the sides of my nose using a Mac 168! Keep in mind gradients form natural shadows, so I took the liberty of blending Deep Bronze from the Mirage Filter Marc Jacobs #instamarc pallet against the sides of my nose, under the perimeter of my face, and in the hollows of my cheeks using that same Mac 168. For a complementary flush I switched to my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and stippled Becca's Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Guava/Moonstone across the apples of my cheeks up towards the tip tops of my hairline, this melding of color forms a beautiful corralled glow accenting the rest of the makeup wonderfully!


                  While you might be thinking a bronzed illuminator is the approach for this makeup look, I am here to say, FALSE! Mixing a pearlescent hue with a skin toned shimmery shade will not only form a healthy appearance to one's skin, but it'll help to NOT upstage the eye+lip makeup. I opted in for Nars's Multiple in Copacabana and gently stroked it across the high points of my skin (bridge of nose, cheekbones, forehead, chin, and cupids bow) straight from the stick, all was blended in using a cleaned ring finger! To set the glow and amp things up a bit I then went into Natasha Denona's All Over Glow Face & Body Shimmer and dusted it across those areas originally touched by the creamy multiple stick with a Sephora Pro Fan Brush #65! Lipppppieee wise I applied Katy Perry's CoverGirl Lipstick in Cosmo Kitty, be sure to check out my full blown review on this baby with eminent swatches :).  To set my skin I brushed on Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across all highlighting zones of my face (under eye area, sides of nose, chin, forehead, and jawlines) using a cleaned Hakuho-do Sephora Pro Teardrop Highlighter Brush, and set my entire face with Urabn Decay's All Nighter Spray! If you REALLY crave that glow you can spray on your preferred setting spray, the reapply the highlight of choice, works evvvvvery time. 

*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: Row 1, Column 1 (lower lash line); Row 5, Column 2 (crease); Row 5, Column 3 (inner V, lower lash line)
*Sugarpill's Burning Heart Pallet: Poison Plum (lid)
*Lime Crime Velvetines Matte Lipstick, RAVE (upper lash line liner)
*Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Amore
                                   YAY to step-by-step pictorials! I finally gathered up the energy to snap a few photos as I did todays eye makeup, stay tuned for the Instagram short clip video featuring the makeup presented above ☺️. Anyhoooo, let's get to it! The first step is quite simple, I have one word for you beauties, BROWS.  For a quick and easily defined eyebrow style I first spoolied through both my brows (ABH Brow Definer, Caramel) followed by a firm lining on the bottom+top to add definition! I then gradually filled both of my eyebrows in using tiny strokes to mimic actual brow hairs and sealed the deal with one light spoolieing. For an eyeshadow primer I chose Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk simply because white bases make electrics POP! I began by smudging the eyeliner stick across both my lids and finished up by blending the remaining product up towards my brow bones, and lower lash line, view the first photo as a reference point. Now onto the fun part MWAHAHA! The brush you choose is QUITE important, it must be dense and tiny for optional packing versatility, as always I went for my Mac Cosmetics 239 brush.  Dipping into Poison Plum pressed eyeshadow by Sugarpill, I gently yet firmly patted the intense purple across both my lids in two light layers! This shade DOES NOT take a ton of effort to shine, save all your wrist power for the crease...which oh appears to be coming up right about now. Using my Morphe E22 Pointed Blender I picked up row 5, column 2 and softly eased the light iridescent purple into the creasing of my eye, I find it best to blend from the outer third of my lid inwards as it disburses the lid shade and forms drama! Speaking of drama, the next shade up is row 5, column 3. It is slightly darker than the previous color, however helps smoke things out dramatically! With that same E22 Pointed Blender brush, I smudged the deep light purple into the inner V of my eye this time around following the natural creasing of my eye socket, avoid anything darker than a medium purple hue loves (see photo 4).

                          The lower lash line is where it's happenin' girl! All you need is one sturdy flat defining brush and you're set for the finalizing steps to this stunning eye makeup tutorial. With that being the case, using a freshly cleaned Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush I first went into row 5, column 3 and smudged it across my lower lash line followed by row 1, column 1 smudged slightly above the shimmering purple! Before setting the brush down I then took Lime Crime's Velvetine Matte Lipstick in Rave and lined my upper lash line with a medium thick wing-- I find it best to work in tiny dashes this way you can objectively observe the amount of pigment being applied in a neatly done fashion. To finish up I heavily smudged Mac's Kohl Liner in Smolder across my waterline (slightly bleeding onto my lower lash line), coated my lashes in the Too Faced Better Than Sex sample Mascara, and applied my favorite KoKo lashes in Amore (using KoKo lash glue, ofc)! I hope you beauties enjoy, and to the fathers out there HAPPY FATHERS DAY hehe. 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave