Friday, June 17, 2016

Classic Thick Black Winged Eyeliner and Ruby Red Lips Makeup Tutorial


                       You must admit there is nothing like a good sharp winged smokey eye paired with classic ruby red lippies, it's a timeless makeup look that'll NEVER go out of style, and personally one of my favorites! Although I have done a Pin-Up tutorial already, I figure there is always ways to improve AND there are multiple concepts to one style.  For example, in my October version I kept the makeup very bright and clean cut, my June version is warmer, smokier, and gives off an alluring note, both very beautiful but subtlety different! The best part about this makeup in whole is ANYONE can pull it off-- all you have to do is simply change the lip color undertone if it doesn't work for you, today I played around a bit with clashing hues so don't be afraid to experiment. Clashing hues might seem scary at first, but you must realize anything against red thats clean cut will appear crispier! Being I have neutral tones leaning more on the golden side, I went for a rich blue-red, in tern giving my undertones a chance to shine through :). What happens when you remove the lashes, and bold lip color? Welp, what's left behind is the PERFECT everyday makeup look that once more, any beauty can pull off.  Def be sure to take your time with blending, and PLEASE take extra care on your definition-- this goes for the crisp lip lines and crip eyeliner lines!

*Hourglass Ambient Bronzer- Luminous Bronze Light
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana + ABH Illuminator, Starlight

                        Juuuust because one might appear to have flawless skin under the layers of makeup, it does NOT mean they do-- never strive to have perfect skin, strive for cleanness that shines through! To mimic this concept closely I decided to treat myself to a glowing exfoliation process using Perfectly Poshes Whole Lava Love Volcanic Ash Exfoliator, it helps plug impurities and suck them up to the surface thanks to the active NATURAL charcoal ingredient. If you're interested in this product check out my Perfectly Posh Skin Care and Bath Products Review Part 2! There will be a photo of the exfoliator if you scroll down about midway, its hands down my FAVORITE and yields the best shinning results. Once the product was gently rubbed against my dry skin, and was thoroughly washed off under warm steamy water (helps open up and unclog pores further) I pat dried my face and set the whole shebang with a beaker full of Fresh's Seaberry Oil, the oil helps hydrate and bring "life" back to my skin! Wether if you prefer allowing your moisturizer or oil of choice to set is on you, just keep in mind a primer follows :). In my case the primer happens to be Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base, thus a still drying oiled face is acceptable and minimal drying time is needed! With that being said, disbursing tiny dashes of the product onto all zones of my face (cheekbones, chin, forehead, tip of nose) I gently began blending in the priming base starting from the center of my face, out towards my hairline. Jar primers a GODSEND, they work so much better as opposed to pumps and give flawless controllable coverage/results! Speaking of pumps, I keep reminding myself on the daily I need one for my Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, after all it is on my top 5 favorite foundations list. Trying the gauge a quarter sized amount of product, I evenly poured the foundation onto the back of my hand and picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush to ultimately gently blend the glowy substance out.  I personally prefer starting from the center of my face, and dragging the product out towards my hairline as this gives the most natural coverage!

                            Lately I haven't been to "hot" on cream contouring--highlights seem to be in! Today I decided to regroup and use an old time love, Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit, specifically the shade Banana. These creams are UBER thick so I added one drop of my Fresh Seaberry Oil to soften the product up, once that was completed and blended together, the mixture was then evenly applied to my skin using surprisingly just my finger! Do be aware highlighting varies from beauty to beauty.  While I use it to conceal and perfect my skin, I also take into consideration highlighting widens and brightens features, meld the two together and you'll look flawless! Please view the image provided to the left just to get an idea of the zones Banana was applied to; for example, I stretched it under my eyes in inverted triangles :). Just as always I blended the highlighting cream in using my handy dandy Elf Ultimate Blending Brush, stipples preferred however I alternated into clockwise circular motions, I prefer that airbrushed finish! MOST beauties take the leisure time of allowing their cream contours/highlights to set, for me I just get right into it and switch up my blending methods for adherence to the different terrain. For instance, as a bronzer I used Hourglass's Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light. The product was STIPPLED across the outer three of my face (from the temples, down to ones hollowing of their cheeks, around to the jawline and under the perimeter of ones face) and brushed against my nose using a clean Mac 168, the same stippling method was taken into effect when it came time to apply my Marc Jacobs Filtering Powder in Mirage Filter! For just a flush of color I picked my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush along with Mac's Relaxation Cream Color and gently patted it across the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline.  Try to stick with mid-toned pinks, brights will detract the red!

                                 There is something so fabulous about being a glowing disco ball, am I right? OR am I right? To get that perfect dewy finish I took a pea-sized amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator onto the back of my hand and gently patted/disbursed it across the high points of my face, these include the cheekbones, bridge of ones nose, and cupids bow! Being the liquid takes a while to mattify down, I amped the glow up and set the liquid illuminator with Becca's Champagne Pop topped AND Anastasia Beverly Hills Starlight centered using a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush. To avoid confusion, centered simply means it was placed on the MOST eye catching dimension of my face! For example, while there is the cheekbones, more specifically there are three sections-- the one closest to the hairline, the center or most eye catching, and closest to ones apples, always keep in mind makeup does involve eye tricks, love. As for a daring lip color, I chose Maybelline's Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in Rich Ruby! The deep blue/red tones clash wonderfully with my skin tone.  Think of Christmas lights; red, green, and white, ALL clashing yet meld perfectly together...yes I just called myself a Christmas decoration oops?!  For setting purposes I dusted Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder across al highlighting zones of my face (under eye area, between jaw and cheek "contour", forehead, and chin) using a Sephora #74 brush and then sealed the deal with Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray. Especially when you're using a great quantity of makeup, all powder, or all cream, a setting spray is VERY important during the Summer hours! It helps lengthen your makeup wear time, create a dewy after finish removing powder like substances, AND rehydrates the makeup already applied by itself periodically-- point is, ya' need one girl. 
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(S):  Barcelona Beach (transitional shade), Cocoa Bear (crease), Bitten (lower lash line, slightly in inner v),  Shimma Shimma (brow bone)
*Mac Kohl Liner, Smolder
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                                Probably one of the MOST classic looks I have ever done, and what does Lillee do? She adds a bit of Lilz in it with burgundy shadow MWAHAHA! Being this is THAT SIMPLE to complete, as in beginner-intermediate levels, I decided to skip the step-by-step pictorial, from this point on, its all self explanatory my love bunnies. Where were we...? Ahh yes, the first step! To begin I actually groomed my brows greatly as I was becoming a fuzz-munchkin, not a cute look as thicker brows conflict with thicker liner lines. Once my annual brow grooming was completed I proceeded onto filling my eyebrows gently in using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel, all one needs is a few definition lines, upward flicks, one spoolieing and you're set! For a priming base I used an old favorite, Bobbi Brown's Cream Eyeshadow in Bone (I noticed today was a day of old favorites HAHA). Using a clean ring finger I firmly smudged into the cream eyeshadow and blended it across both my eyelids, the product was eventually evenly disbursed up towards my brow bones and under my lower lash lines! Now onto the shadows, trust me this'll be a breeze. Rather working on the lids as per usual I changed up my shadow game and began defining my crease with the shade Barcelona Beach by Makeup Geek-- the transitional color was gently eased throughout my eye socket creasing with fluent side to side disbursing upward motions using a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender! For added drama I then took Cocoa Bear, by the same brand, and softly eased the warm brown into the inner V on my eye with slight smudging motions, I switched to a fluffier M433 Morphe Brush. Keeping in mind the M433 is thin, width wise, I took advantage of this and smudged Bitten eyeshadow across my lower lash line and slightly up into the inner V of my eyelid's, this process should be all of ONE SINGULAR MOTION, not two separate blends! To finish up the shadow I patted Birkin eyeshadow by Anastasia Beverly Hills across my eyelids using a cleaned ring finger and dashed a bit of Shimma Shimma by Makeup Geek into the inner corners of my lids, and on my brow bones :).  IF you want, you could even put Shimma Shimma directly on the center of your lids, it'll create an eye widening and shimmering effect!

                       As us beauties know, the pin-ups played up dramatically on the eye makeup, this includes the eyeliner and mascara! To mimic this dramatic smoldering effect, I first lined my upper lash line with Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Pen Liner in Black, preferably medium to thick lines loves, and sealed the linah' deal with a smudging of Mac's Kohl Liner across my waterline.  As weird as it might seem, the Kohl Liner REALLY accomplishes that "all black" effect and helps form extra definition to the eyes WITHOUT making them appear smaller! To complete the eye makeup simply coat your lashes using your FAV mascara, for me it shall be the Too Faced Better Than Sex, and your FAV false eyelashes, KoKo Goddess. I truly hope you beauties enjoyed! I noticed I have done BEYOND count colorful makeup looks that there was no room for typical everyday glam, fear not Lilz gotcha' and I will begin forming a balance! Cheers to Summer :). If you loves have ANY requests, wether it be to do a blending video or contouring video, let me know by commenting below OR giving me a ring at thaeyeballquen@gmail.com, I always reply! 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave