Sunday, May 22, 2016

Vibrant Orange Summery Explosion Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                Sometime's using purples upon pinks upon blues can get quite annoying, a path shedding light was MUCH needed on my part after all these colorful yet not quite hitting "the spot" makeup tutorials! I have been DIEING to incorporate a shimmery orange and red makeup look into the month of May simply because it symbolizes the change of weather, the sunnier side of things that is. Interestingly this gave me a chance to experiment with the brand Morphes Brushes/Cosmetics, an Indie brand popularized by famous makeup/beauty bloggers such as Mannymua and Jaclyn Hill-- I am not one to indulge into hyped products however the price WAS RIGHT, and honestly speaking I UNDERSTAND why these products are beloved by many out there!  Notably known for their professional brushes, I also purchased a few blending as well as facial brushes to just moreover test out the quality AND have some extra tools at hand since cleaning bristles day in and day out can be tiering and costly.  Rather the typical looks many pull off from the pallets they have at hand (mostly neutral, or as mentioned before blues, pinks, purples), today I have in store a gorgeous orange smokey eye accented by a vivid orange waterline, a style I haven't done since July of last year with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Color review! This will be a rather lengthy tutorial to get through, roughly 46 minutes total, however the end result is COMPLETELY worth it, plus the fact I made sure the products used contained MAJOR staying power that will beat heat and remain put all day long.

*Dose of Colors Lipstick, Karma
                       

                   Surprisingly heavy makeup WAS NOT the main aim here, in fact the goal was to apply the least amount of product of the necessary items at hand! For example, foundation wise I only applied one light coating and scrapped the excess back into the container-- with such a concept you MUST make sure you skin is uber clean and one skin texture, that means no dry patches or blackheads loves, both which can cause fussy conditions for durable products. I went the route of simply using my Perfecetly Posh Pore-fect big face bar cleanser, this product helps "pull" the impurities out of one's skin while hydrating and refreshing the skins natural barrier! Once I had washed the product off with warm water I then proceeded to pat drying my skin with a cleaned towel to eventually make way to my ALL TIME FAV Fresh Seaberry Oil, this stuff is spectacular and really helps bring a radiant natural glow to my skin without the overly oily effect. After give or take eight to ten minutes of allowing the Fresh Seaberry Oil to sink adequately into my pores, behold the priming stage began.  I lathered on one pump of the Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer onto my skin starting from the center of my face (my nose), out towards my hairline! NEVER neglect the hairline, this will cause uneven wear-time to be prevalent during the time you flaunt your MOTD (makeup of the day).  Also be sure to choose a primer that BEST fits your skin type, same premise goes for foundation! For example, I have five main foundations I alternate through due to my ever changing skin texture.  Today due to my blemishes being VERY noticeable I opted in for my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1N1, this provides the coverage I most desire in a radiant natural looking formula! With that being said, with a TINY pea-sized amount poured out onto the back of my hand I picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and went to town on the blending.  I personally prefer using downward strokes sectioned around all zones of my face as this gives me an idea of HOW MUCH product I will be applying to my skin, from the strokes I then proceed to using lighter motions this way the foundation is fully worked in!

               Highlighting varied very much so today, I shall call it the "cover up".  Tis' a lame name, I'm quite aware, but there really is no other way to explain it! Highlighting simply was a mechanism used for covering blemishes today, nothing fancy, just spot correction mixed with a bit of contour for definition purposes. First off using a tiny amount of the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Concealer in Y3, I gently disbursed it onto any blemishes using Sephora Concealer Brush! I tend to stick with firm streak motions as it helps the product "dry" thus more coverage can be yielded, trust me, I am the QUEEN of coverup.  The contour consisted of Cover Fx's N100 Cream Foundation, the cream foundation was taken into the hollows of my cheeks, on my jawline, and on the sides of my nose with straight medium thick lines, the lines were later drifted upwards in light stroking motions for a gradient effect! When it comes to allowing the products at hand to set PRIOR to blending procedures, it does pose as an issue because the formula's become tacky and lack smoothness. This easily can be fixed by applying a silkie foundation on top OR applying a setting spray to the bristles of your brush, I decided to just go in without extra products using my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush, obviously speaking the motions I used were a bit more harsh than usual-- long story short I stuck to stipples and downward stroking motions! When a product is overly tacky it'll accent any dry patches or peach fuzz present, work around your canvas cutie and experiment with different motions, makeup is art, anything is FIXABLE. 

                             It's completely up to you wether you'd prefer allowing the cream contour to set OR remain potent for the powder application to come! Now, you might be wondering what in the hell I mean by "potent cream contours", let me explain.  When one's face is still greasy and full of product waiting to sink in the pores, the texture at hand can EASILY be manipulated! For example, right after the cream contouring process I moved along to applying Bobbi Browns Bronzing Powder in Golden Light onto my skin using a Mac 168, the product was gently STIPPLED from the temples of my face down to the hollows of my cheeks and around my jawline, the stippling motions morph the powder into a much workable and creamier substance.  For added depth and dimension I then took Havana from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Medium to Tan down the sides of my nose using a Elf Concealer brush, this only required smooth blending motions! Do keep in mind MATTE BRONZERS are perfect to contour with if you desire a barley there finish :).  Speaking of barley there finishes, I switched back to my fabulous Elf Ultimate Blending Brush to begin stippling on Nyx's Cream Blush in Glow from the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline! The rosy shade and dewy finish really helps accent the bronzy contour well while also prepping the stage for the glow to come...literally HAHA.  Straight from the brush applicator provided by Benefit's High Beam container, I gently brushed it across the high points of my face followed by a gentle blending in process! The dewy finish was topped off with Becca's Opal Highlighter, I softly swept the product onto the exact areas the previous liquid touched using a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush.
               Ever since my last haul which included the Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick, Lipstick, and Lipgloss line products I have been obsessed with the color Karma, it's such a stunning vibrant orange shade that indefinitely fit with the concept of summery explosions! Once I had the lip shade set I moved forth in setting my skin using Besame Cosmetics Vanilla Brightening Powder.  Using a  Sephora #74 brush I picked up a hefty amount of setting powder and proceeded to dragging it onto my skin starting from the area between my cheek and jaw contour as well as up under my eyes, this is not technically "baking" just me applying the powder then softly blending it in!  I finished up with a light spritzing of Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray :). DO keep in mind the setting powder, setting spray, and lip applications are all done AFTER the eye makeup! Though it'd flow better with this towards the end of my blog post it just is a glob of confusion to most of you beauties, as I found out in a recent poll I ran on Twitter. BY THE WAY, the dress featured here is from Love Culture (click this link for my Instagram post featuring the products worn)!
*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Pallet: R2.C6 (lid), R2.C7 (lid), R4.C3 (crease), R2.C4 (crease)
*Lime Crime Venus Pallet, Muse (inner v) + Aura (brow bone)
*Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, Champagne Pop (inner corners)
*ABH Creme Colors- Coral Reef (waterline)
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                 As you loves can see from the image above, the eye makeup present is quite doable for ALL skill levels, it'll just require some patience! Speaking of patience I lost it when it came to the brows today,  brows are like people's issues with eyeliner for me--one comes out like a mustache, ALWAYS. Using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel, I took it slow with VERY light upward strokes along with some quick defining strokes for the lower and upper brow! As for my little issue I encountered with mustachio brows, I simply took a tad of left over concealer from the highlighting portion and cleaned up out of whack areas by blending the creamy product above or below problematic places.  Although I forgot to show this step, the primer used is Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk! It's always good to change it up here and there so I figured shortening up the eye makeup for the video tutorial would not be a major deal as the description is located here.  The Jumbo Eye Pencil was smudged onto my lid straight from the stick then gradually blended using a clean finger up to my brow bone and under my lash line :)!

                     The first shade used is VERY vibrant and a super intensive shimmery orange shade! Using Row 2, Column 6 from the Morphe 35U Pallet and my Mac 239 brush, I gently patted the shadow across my entire lid using firm patting motions. DO NOT be afraid to built up pigment, work in as many layers as you need possible, just be sure to keep the shade concentrated on the lid! The next color up happens to be Row 2, Column 7, a very similar orange however much lighter making it perfect for the inner third of ones lid. With that SAME Mac 239 brush I firmly smudged the color onto the inner third of my lid peaking closely towards the center lid, the gradience will add dimension! Begin adding drama to the crease by taking Row 2, Column 4 into the crease with a Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, this is a SUPER faint shade thus making it easy to manipulate-- ease the shade in using side to side motions, try to avoid pulling the orange hue upwards.  To really start bringin' the fire I switched to a M433 Morphe Brush and picked up Row 4, Column 3's shade, it happens to be a unique vibrant coral red shade! The color was once more eased into my crease however this time I focused on following the NATURAL creasing of my eye socket with "pushing upwards" blending motions as well as tiny circular strokes.  You want to really ensure this color is as blended in as possible, if fact I even went back to my E22 to soften things up!

                 By this point you've played with a tad of color, now it's time to deepen and glimmer. Whenever strong bases are present such a primary red, it's best to work in gradient layers! For example, from light taupe to coral to red to deep red, it's much more pleasing to the human eye as opposed to dramatic pigments thrown everywhere.  Do keep in mind the eye makeup IS NOT overly dramatic in terms of deepness of color, the two leading shades were used for added drama, simply said! First things first, switching to my Mac 217 brush (the denser bristles work best for this step) I picked up Love+ by Sugarpill and proceeded to softly easing it into the inner V of my eye with smooth side to side an circular motions, for added depth I then took Muse from the Lime Crime Venus Pallet and followed through with the same blending motions.  It's not a terrible idea to go over the crease once more using a fluffy brush such as the Sephora #27 Brush, it'll help make this daytime look very lightweight and "airy" with a touch of fire ;)! Since the #27 is already in the picture, I smoothed Aura onto my brow bone with a few light strokes, this truly brings the glimmer factor. Every single shade used for the crease NOW is to be added under the lower lash line, mainly the shades C2.R6 and C2.R7 with the added twist of Makeup Geek's Gel Liner in Immortal being smudged RIGHT on the outer third! On the inner corners shall be Champagne Pop by Becca since the peachy pink undertones with a gold base REALLY accent the following shadows well.  Coral Reef might pose as a serious challenge to some of you beauties since the ABH Creme Colors have a thick texture, try to work in light yet firm strokes to deposit as much pigment the the waterline as possible, you might be tempted to actually warm the product up onto the back of your hand!

                                   To finish up the eye makeup completely, start by lining your eye's with medium thick bold cat wings using Kat Von D's Ink Liner (or your liner of choice)! I find this liner to glide on super quick, thus the reasoning behind choosing it over the MG Immortal liner-- it's budge proof and def waterproof.  Once the liner is set move forth to giving yourself volumous lashes!  This look is basically all in the lash technique, so make sure to a; coat your lashes numerous times with the mascara you're most fond of (Too Faced Better Than Sex for me) and to b; to apply dramatic fluttery lashes to accent the eye makeup beautifully (KoKo Goddess Lashes), these in specific will draw attention to the pop of color present on the waterline. That's it for today cuties! I truly hope you enjoyed this makeup look- it was requested of me last week to do a light summery look that had some vibrance to it, so here it is :). Def something ANY beauty can pull off and look amazing in, you just must have a work ethic in terms of how you blend and perceive the colors at hand! Sometime's even the best of artists can be a tad up their arses as critiquing is a touchy subject.  Point is, view your work perspectively AND do what works best for youuuuuuuu, not someone else! That's truly the beauty of makeup, it doesn't fit one mold.  Have a good week ahead my loves, be sure to check out these links to get up to date-> Dramatic Green Glitter, Everyday Sunkissed Makeup, Dose of Colors Review, Blue Smokey Eye FT UD Alice Through The Looking Glass Pallet.