Thursday, May 26, 2016

Rosy Pink Blown Out Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial


                                          The month of May sadly is coming to an end, which means out with the Spring makeup, and hello waterproofing Summer products! Honestly speaking Summer makeup is THE MOST fun to do simply because it entails mounds of color (my favorite) and allows one to exercise how skilled at makeup they really are. For example, it's one thing to steal the show during the colder months, however another to be in the limelight during humid temperatures! You see, Spring/Summer call for extra care and attention, you don't want to melt like an ice-cream cone, do you? NOOOO of course not! Hence why your skill levels will be challenged, Winter is simply boom boom done perhaps some hydrating sprays and out the door, not much attention is given. You beauties can expect some pretty kick-ass tutorials coming out to date very soon, today however I have a beautiful princess like rosy smokey eye in store!  Along with this blog post tutorial there'll be a false nail review posted separately, a lovely lady named Katie was kind enough to CUSTOM make a stunning pair of claws for me, so def be sure to click the link highlighted in pink for her Facebook page (booking is available I believe) as well as this one for her actual web store. Befffooooooooooore getting into the details pertaining to this rosy look please do be noted blending will encompass this whole tutorial, which means you must have your time planned out! Lastly,  I made sure some of the facial products used contain SPF and brightening properties, you'll need it :). 

*Cover Fx Cream FoundationN100 to contour and N0 to highlight
*Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, Medium Tan (Peaches & Cream)
*Nars Liquid Illuminator, Copacabana 
*ABH Liquid Lipstick, Sweet Talker + Colourpop Liquid Lipstick, Scrooge

                           I dunno about you beauties but today was a time for a much needed shaving, as gross as that might sound HAHA! Being I always start of my blog post tutorials with a little background on prior face work done, we shall begin with the shaving process by Lilz. Concisely said, using one cotton round I first saturated the center in Bio Derma's H20 serum then proceeded to rubbing it over all zones of my face, this helps remove excess oil and dirt left behind! Using another cotton round, a clean one rather, I then took a pea-sized amount of Perfectly Posh's Hairy Beast Shaving Gel and gently disbursed it around my skin, I included my hairline in this.  Now to speed things up a tad so you loves aren't completely bored, I moreover wet the cotton round and formed a bubbly mixture on my skin then moved forth in shaving away prickly areas! My skin was then washed off using steamy water and set with one light coating of Fresh's Seaberry Oil, oil's work best when it comes to after shaves ;), men take notice. Some of you might be a little curious as to why I shave my face and the answer is beyond simple- makeup application is 10X better and the products adhere to the skin like never before! Obviously speaking, shaving is not for everyone, however the priming process is, don't skip it.  It makes me cringeeee when women say they don't require a priming base! My love, my flower blossom, you need a primer. A misconception is primers are used to tame skin conditions such as oiliness and dryness, funny part is there are such things as UNIVERSAL primers and COLOR CORRECTING primers, both of which would fit into everyone's needs! With that being said, I opted in for my Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer as I love the light and airy smell it exudes into the air after application. Using exactly one pump of the product onto the back of my hand I gently took a tad of primer onto the tip of my finger and dashed it across my left cheek, to eventually my right cheek, chin, forehead, and center of my nose! The dashing method saves product AND allows blending to be a much simpler process, in fact, once the placement was set I went right into circular motions to really work the product in- less is more. Speaking of less is more, using half a pump of the Benefit Hello Flawless Liquid Foundation I gently began disbursing it across all zones of my face using a Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush, this product has been sitting in my foundation box foooorever so I decided to give it a go! I found the best application method for this baby is to stick with downward elongated strokes, extending the product out towards your hairline and under your chin is a must. 
                           
                     Onward to cream contouring :)! There is no crazy method used today other than do what looks best on you, I opted in for using my traditional Cover Fx Cream Foundation's in N100 to contour and N0 to highlight.  Using my tiny Sephora Lip Brush (yes seems totally weird but it works best for me), I gently swirled into N0 and began firmly streaking the product under my eyes in diagonal markings up towards my hairline, this in tern formed inverted triangles! The product was then taken on the bridge of my nose up towards my forehead branching under my brow bones, and finally across both jawlines meeting up at my chin. While it might appear as my whole face is covered in the frosty ivory shade, the difference between physically applying it and adding the shade in specific areas is when blended and mixed with N100 it turns into a deeper hue, thus it becomes a simple contour! Since N100 was brought into the picture, the deep ebony was applied to the sides of my nose connecting at the tip, perspectively, and dashed upwards across the hollows of my cheeks and jawline. I find the dashing method MUCH more effective in getting those sculpted cheekbones! To blend in the two foundations I took a cleaned Elf Ultimate Blending Brush and gently stippled in the products starting from my left jaw line up. The ONLY time any other motion were used other than stipples is when it came time to blend in the cheek contour, at that point I used upward stipples, makes for a seamless finish AND helps give a beautiful illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones! To set the cream contour I dusted Benefit's Hoola Bronzer across the temples of my face down towards the hollows of my cheeks and around my jawline using a Mac 168, Hoola was followed up with Peaches & Cream from the ABH Contour Kit for a little extra definition and warmth :). 

                              Rose shadow looks can either go two ways, cool toned or warm toned! As you can tell I went for a mixture of clashing hues as the eyes were kept cool and skin radiant. To keep up the warmth I brushed the Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow against the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline using that same Mac 168 mentioned in the prior step! I then took a pea-sized amount of Nars's Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana and swiftly patted it across the high points of my face using a cleaned ring+middle finger, the glow was set using Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder in Illuminated with a Morphe M143 Deluxe Soft Fan brush! Do keep in mind I prefer sparkly glows, every beauty is different, however try to stick with the beige toned range.  As far as the lips go, I applied Colourpop's Scrooge followed by Anastasia Beverly Hill's Sweet Talker Liquid Lipstick, both make such a darling combination :)! Liquid lipsticks are honestly your best bet for the warmer months, along with stains, they'll withstand heat and remain still all day long. As far as setting my skin goes, I simply brushed Nars's Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder on any highlighting zones (under eyes, jawline, chin/forehead) of my face using a Sephora #74 brush and sealed the deal with Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray. A SUPER good setting spray is a must, in fact you don't need a setting powder if you have a setting spray equipped I just prefer the extra protection!
*Morphe Single Eyeshadow Pan(s): Magical Magenta ES58 (lid), Wink For Pink ES33 (inner third of lid and lower lash line), Rosewood ES59 (inner V)
*Morphe 35U Multi-Color Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallet: C4.R2 (transitional shade), C1.R4 (inner V and lower lash line)
*KoKo Lashes, Marilyn 
                             Ever since I purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer in Caramel a few weeks ago, my brows have NEVER looked better! Perhaps I'm swooning on how quick it is to fill each brow in followed by a light defining and spoolieing, however they appear more precise and better fit for my face shape. What do you loves think? Anyways, once the brows were filled in and perfected I then moved along to priming my lid's using Nyx's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk, this seems to be my "go to" lately :).  The eye pencil was smudged against my lids straight from the stick in quick streaks, from those streaks I took a cleaned ring finger and gently blended the product up towards my brow bone as well as under my lower lash line! The priming base you choose does not necessarily matter, however I do suggest including one with lower end shadows. Speaking of lower end shadows, I actually HAVE NEVER tried the Morphe Brushes eyeshadow collection before until today!  Just as I said in my Summery Explosion tutorial the website sorta "turned me off"-- not quite fond of the layout, however the products truly have won me over. With that being said, the first color applied to my lid is Magical Magenta, I used a Mac 239 brush to firmly pat the vibrant pink on my entire eyelid! Do be warned a little goes a LONG way (to my surprise hehe), so def work in light building layers. Using that same 239 brush I then picked up Wink For Pink and gently placed it right onto the inner third of my lid, the gradience was stunnnnning, work with the shimmery texture and build it up! 

                               The crease is an huge blow out of color, hence the title name! In order to get that perfect summery gradience you must include a peachy orange such as C4.R2 from the Morphe 35U pallet. The shade was lightly blended into my crease using a M433 Morphe Brush, I tried to stick with side to side blending motions that evenly disbursed a level higher each time, also I aimed for rounded effects rather sharp lines, no tape missy! To add some drama I took Rosewood, a medium rosy hue, and smoothed it into the inner V of my eye with firm side to side blending motions.  When it came to Rosewood I went a tad different about the crease, I actually followed the natural creasing of my eye socket for the closest blend possible! The laaaaast shade up is C1.R4, a flirty magenta shade that'll defiantly smoke things up.  Using a much fluffier brush, the Morphe E22 Pointed Blender, I began to gently pat the color right onto the outer third of my lid and lightly dragged it inwards towards my eye socket creasing, moreover the same blending method I used for Rosewood! Don't be afraid to go full on glam with pigment, the Morphe shadows seem to be VERY build-able, at least from my findings.  

                             By this point the upper eye makeup should be well off, start coloring the lower lash line with a gradience of Rosewood on the outer third flared into Wink For pink, I used my Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush for precision of application!  I recommend doing the lower lash line FIRST followed by gel liner application simply because a ton of smudging was done, only saying this because I know some beauties do the reverse. Using Makeup Geek's Gel Liner in Immortal I first lined my upper lash line with a medium thick wings followed by a heavy application of the black liner to my waterline, here is were the smudging comes into play! Flipping my Mac 212 Flat Definer Brush to the cleaned side, sans liner, I gently "pushed" and smudged the excess eyeliner on my lower lash line, try to keep it as close to your actual eyelashes as possible. Finally to the lashes :)! Just as always I coated my lashes in the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, heavily on the lower lashes, and finished up with KoKo lashes in Marilyn, which seems to be my new found love.  Hopefully you loves enjoyed and have a good end to your week, cheers✨! Oh and yes, the photo pictured to the right is a hint for the nail review hehe :).