Sunday, May 1, 2016

Perfectly Posh Skin Care and Bath Products Review (face masks, sugar scrubs, makeup remover)

                        This blog post has been much anticipated for by a TON of you, how do I know this? Well about 4 of you were asking millions of questions about products such as the makeup remover, PLEAASE contact Leyna about this information she will reply within minutes! I am not as knowledgable about the products as she is, however all I can do is review and tell you lovies about my experiences :). First off, this originally all came about due to my Instagram posting featuring "Lillee's Joker Removal"-- basically I had smudged red lipstick and panda black eyes, not cute!  As a result numerous representatives and consultants from companies gave me a message trying to moreover sell their product, one seller stood out to me, and that happens to be the now infamous Leyna Kee.  Not only was she HONEST about the products in terms of what could occur to my skin and ways to fix those mishaps, she hand picked a skin care package AND bath package for me too not only improve my skin on the spot, but for the long term!  Now, I know I did a bit of hero worship for her on my previous blog post (which you should def check out hehe), but I feel it is much needed as she has sat through my 500 questions of "ARE YOU SURE IT WONT MAKE ME BREAK OUT AHHH?!" and still kept up with a sweet and kind mentality. 

                           Lately I have been getting horrible break outs as well as what I used to think clogged pores full of makeup! Naturally, I began pulling back on the makeup application until I realized..."wait, that's not makeup...what are this hard crystallized beads?".  So it happens, the very skin care products I have been using for years such as my Fresh Rose Mask, or my Bath and Body Works Sugar Scrubs WERE CLOGGING MY PORES, literally dissolving right under my skin which caused a serious reaction of bump-age everywhere! In the midst of all of this I also had some seriously dried lips, which is SO not me, it could possibly be due to the massive amounts of ski care products I was using due to being freaked out, but I highly doubt it.  One major key factor I think a lot of you lovies will enjoy and feel comfort in knowing is Perfectly Posh DOES NOT test on animals AND IS VEGAN, what you get is pure and not fake!  Did you know some of these brands use plastic micro-beads and in some cases Petroleum (paraffins)? Not only is this TERRIBLE for the planet, but why in the world would you want to rub such harsh substances across your skin?  The better alternative as I was speaking to Leyna about is Chia seeds, they're natural, get to the root of the problem, and hydrate! As being someone who was pre-diabetic I prefer going the natural rout with all my goodies anyway. 

                     The first product I'd like to review is the Cuca-Chia-Berry body scrub!  According to the website, the product is formulated with, "Sea Salt, Glycerin, Honey (Mel), Dead Sea Salt, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate-60, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed, Fragraria Vesca (Strawberry) Seed, Salvia Hispanica (Chia) Seed Oil." Straight off the bat the fact dead sea salt is used is a MAJOR relief, dead sea salt is notorious for soothing inflamed skin, psoriasis, and acne!  It can be said the ingredient ALSO helps too reduce wrinkles and rejuvenates the skin. After washing with the scrub TWO times (recommended 2-5 times a week) it is safe to say my skin is not only GLOWING, but any "bumps" I had disappeared! Do be noted this is rather thick due to the added Shea Butter mixture, it helps to form a hydrating mixture that almost "pushes" up dead skin cells from the root up, as far as I've noticed that is.  To the left is the product opened up just so you can get an idea of HOW MUCH PRODUCT you're receiving (9 OZ) for only $24.00, as you buy this you also earn points that can be spent on rewards for later, win win eh?  The only downside I'd say to this product is clean up, it can stick to the drain of your shower stall if you're not careful, but honestly said that is a minor flaw and really has NOTHING to do with the product performance! If this isn't making you wanna' hit the hay and buy the product, perhaps the intriguing cucumber and strawberry scent will, literally you can smell me a mile a way after I step of out the shower.  Most vegan products DO NOT have strong scents that last, this however does and makes me feel beyond clean :)! If you want a comparison to the popular Bath and Body Words Sugar Scrubs let's keep is short and sweet: this does not create a filmy texture over your skin, this product is much more moisturizing and gentle on the skin as opposed to the Sugar Scrubs, and it offers a more ergonomic container for the consumer. 

                        Speakinnnngg of clean, next up is the body wash (Life is a Fairytale) in Poshymallow! You loves know I go crazy for vanilla scents, this has such a sugary sweet smell you could just eat it, okay...no I don't advise doing such. The body wash is, "infused with aloe vera, rosemary extract, and marshmallow root extract", thus giving you a deep clean that leaves you smelling AMAZING after! Two things that really stand out to me about the Poshymallow fragrance is it is SULFATE FREE and is formulated with Aloe Vera (funny because I made an analogy like that in my video), both are very positive attributes to one's skin. While Aloe Vera helps sooth irritated skin the sulfate free aspect helps cancel out any harsh substances hitting the skin, thus making it perfect for people like me with sensitive skin! If you were not aware, sulfates can attribute to hair loss, skin damage, skin BREAKOUTS, and even dryness of skin...probably could be one of the reasons I had a bad month of skin going on.  You get a total of 200 ML, or 6.75 fl oz per bottle and it comes it at only $10.00, which is relatively good since in comparison once again, the Bath and Body Works body gel's are 12.50...it can get pricey! Not to mention the fact the B&BW line contains parabens, something you NEVER want your skin to be touched with.  I don't know about you beauties out there but I LOVE super foamy washes that only require a drop of product, this not only lathers up fast but a quarter sized amount covers my whole entire body, this bottle shall last a while!

                     Ahhh, now onto the face masks, or in my case, life saver's.  As I mentioned above, Leyna and I had VERY in depth conversations about my skin, I told her how sensitive I can be and how the littlest of ingredients can set off a major skin reaction, almost like dominos tipping over! From that conversation she picked out the Apricots Overnight mask (for hydration) AND the Smashing Good Pumpkin mask (to prevent acne, or tame it), both of which she highly recommended.   This might sound totally insane but within 4 hours I noticed MAJOR improvement of my skin, if you view the image the left you'll see the before and after photos, although it only is a 4 hour difference, the results are long lasting thanks to the Apricots Overnight mask! According to the website the key ingredients in the facial mask are, "Aloe Vera, Apple Extract, Apricot Extract, Argan Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Seed Butter, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Grapefruit Peel Extract, Honeysuckle Flow Extract, Lime Peel Extract, Mango Extract, Orange Peel Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Wax, Vanilla Extract, and Vitamin E". All these ingredients combined form a mask of INTENSE hydration that not only made my skin feel "lightweight" as the product lifted away dead skin, it hydrated the dry patches I had deeply! The next mask up is the Smashing Good Pumpkin, " Clean and calm irritated skin with a smashing combination of witch hazel, salicylic acid, kaolin clay, tea tree oil, and, of course, pumpkin. " If you look on the bottom of my chin I have a bit of "redness" going on, fear not PUMPKIN TO THE RESCUE! I kid you not, with a pea-sized amount of the product rubbed against the area, the next morning the redness was COMPLETELY DOWN, and the best part is no dry patches formed--acne products tend to cause chemical burns and such, not this baby. What really turns me on to these masks is the squeeze tubes, I LOATHE USING JAR FACE MASKS, OMG YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA! There is something so icky to me about using a jar because obviously you have to close it and that is a pain because more than likely both of your hands are full of product, the snap close container is def a pro.  Con wise all I'd say is these both have strong scents, once more VERY MINOR, the smells make the product, I'd rather have 100% natural ingredients then 50% natural ingredients with fake and synthetic minerals! Before moving into the next section of this post I'd like to make it a point that both of these masks LEAVE NO residue behind, it'll completely remove dead skin cells along with clogged pores and such. 
                    Here is just an image showing you loved what the Apricots Overnight looks like on! At first it appears like a thick white zesty cream but after you apply it the product begins to "moisten" up, DO NOT touch your skin during this process because IT WILL flake, in the essence of the product "rolling" up. Compared to my high end brand masks this def felt light weight (some masks feel very heavy) AND it did not clog my pores, some masks have a tendency to do exactly what they're trying to prevent! OHH AND LASTLY, my skin was not burning during the 7 hour treatment on, at first when you put the mask on it will feel a bit tangy, but after a good 5 minutes your face will soften up to the product...it was nice sleeping with this on, you'll smell like a fruit bowl, but who wouldn't wanna smell like that especially smelling that aroma while sleeping!?
            Nowwwwww onto the one product that has revolutionized my skin, the Pore-fect big face bar cleanser! This is a product Leyna personally RAVED about to me, she said the blueberry and tea tree extracts help to magnetize clogged poor gook to the top of the skins barrier in a gentle manner while nourishing and washing the skin as per usual. As you can see this 7 oz chunk deficiently is HUGE, so it might require both hands, for me it doesn't as I begin my morning with warm water and I run it under the water, then proceeded to smudging it all over my skin, by then the product is fully on and I can work up a foamy texture! Blueberry extracts can help PREVENT aging as well as give potent nutrients to the skin such as Vitamin A and C, both very vital in having healthy, happy skin.  Not only did this cleanser make my skin feel SUPER CLEAN, I for once had NO clogged pores nor black heads, all the gunk that's been sitting under my skin for ages literally was gone!  Another major ingredient that you loves should REALLY circle around is Tea Tree Oil.  According to the website, "Tea Tree Oil, also known as Melaleuca Oil, has anti-microbial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties which help with the treatment of acne, dandruff, rashes, sunburns, and other skin conditions. Tea Tree Oil comes primarily from Australia and is noted for its fresh camphor scent." I need myself a Tea Tree because this is AMAZING, and I believe a key factor of why my skin has cleared up so quick!  One thing I noticed while using this bar is when you first apply it, your skin will feel "coated" almost like you rubbed aloe vera all over your skin, which is perfect for me because it feels like the product is ACTUALLY working, and that it is! Pictured here is an image of me sans makeup, my skin look radiant and clear which are two things I haven't seen on me in quite a while.  In fact, my mom even stepped by to say something on HOW DIFFERENT my skin looked!! It's one thing to visually see it yourself, and another for a loved one to compliment you blindly without knowing you've been testing out a few new products. In comparison to my other face washes that claim they "un-clog pores" such as the Charcoal Face Wash by Clinique (I'm allergic to charcoal so imagine me applying this all over my face then waking up with TONS of pimples), this truly does get the gunk out and does NOT dry my skin out while doing so, which is a first for me! At only $10.00 a bar, this stuff will remain a holy grail product ranking 10/10 off the spot. 

                        Moving along to the next aspect which is the makeup remover, the very thing that started the band wagon! I AM VERY cautious when it comes to makeup remover for the very fact most brands either dry my skin out WAY too much or cause acne, the Olive My Love face cleanser is such a perfect makeup remover for me, it's not even funny! Although this IS marketed as a gentle face cleanser, it works just as good to remove makeup, just as I demonstrated in my review video. The three key oils used in the remover are Avocado oil, Olive Oil, and Lavender Oil--as you might of guessed, yes this cleanser, or in my case remover, smells delectable AND is calming to the senses! I prefer multi-skin care benefits, so while this is removing my makeup it also is hydrating and detoxifying my pores at the same time, two things most of us beauties need in our lives, amirite?  At first I was quite nervous on using this because oil's tend to leave filmy residue behind, boy was I wrong!  The oils simply help to cleanse, they're not dense and they lightly dust away product like it was never there.  This can also be used as a Friday pick me up when you want to go alllllll out on the skin care regime!  *When you scroll down to the ending of this post, be sure to click the YouTube embedded video, if you skip to around 6 minutes you'll find the makeup removal section in which I lively demonstrate how to use the product efficiently. *

                      The last few products Leyna was kind enough to let me try out include the Zit Zaper acne cream, Carmel Cray Cray lip scrub, Bahama Berry Caffeinated Lip Balm, and my favorite, the Lip Butter (Life is a Song) in Poshymallow (YAY FOR MARSHMALLOW SMELLS)!  First off, Leyna DID NOT have to be so generous in the action of sending over the Zit Zaper in case any break outs occurring.  Since I was SO stoked about receiving this I decided to test it out on a inflamed spot, what you might not know about this cream is it is useful on "...pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and other blemishes to gently exfoliate the area and unclog pores." Most acne creams are horrid, you can receive chemical burns from them (been there done that) AND in some cases it can actually cause acne! This cream took down the inflammation I had above my eye brow INSTANTLY, the best part about it is no dryness occurred. This product is formulated with Tea Tree Oil, and Witch Hazel, two VERY powerful compounds that tighten the skin and unclog pores!  When it comes to the lip products I was head over heels, I was NOT expecting such a surprise.  You lovies have no idea HOW LONG I have been dieing to try out a lip scrub, the Carmel Cray Cray tamed my senses ;), literally! Recently I've had a huge dry patch above my upper lip that keeps on coming back every two weeks or so, after ONE usage of the caramel scrub it was gone and has not returned since.  I think one of my favorite parts about the lip scrub is the scent and the fact you can lick away the sugar/butter, hehe! The last two products are the lip balm/butter treatments that help nurture the skin, and let me tell you even if I did not have dry lips THESE BABIES SMELL SO GOOD OMG.  Poshymallow has my heart, but besides that it also has my lips, sorry future soul mate. The lip butter is formulated with, "...sunflower seed oil, rosemary extract, and marshmallow root extract." Each of these ingredients help to form uber smooth lips that are healthy and flake free! As for the lip balm, I was quite shocked with how amazing it was, literally my lips were plumped up for once. If the strawberry/orange scent wasn't enough, the pampered pout did it, let me tell you, chapstick junkies splurge on this deal of $4.00!  

                All in all I am SUPER happy with the products I received and easily rank Perfectly Posh number one of my shopping list for skin care products! One thing you lovies should take into consideration is when you purchase products you receive rewards for doing so, as Leyna explained it is sort of like being a consultant MINUS the fee.  Be sure to catch your link while you're paroozing the website so you can share it with your friends, and family, as they purchase you earn points too!  Think of it like a Sephora rewards system, just more interactive and MUCH more rewarding. Hope you cuties enjoyed this review, and I would like to thank Leyna once more for allowing me to try out such life changing products! Kisses :*. 
 BE SURE TO BUY FROM THIS LINK- https://www.perfectlyposh.com/leynakee/ 
 EVERYTHING HERE IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, ALTHOUGH THE PRODUCTS WERE GIVEN TO ME AS SAMPLES I ALWAYS MAKE IT A HABIT TO GIVE THE PROS, WITH THE CONS!