Friday, May 6, 2016

Intensive Green Duo Chrome Lizard Inspired Halo Eye Makeup Tutorial


                        Ahhh, boy does it feel good to be not infected anymore! Where has Lillee been? Well, I've been under the weather with the flu for give or take five days straight.  It tis' a pretty serious deal especially with me sleeping through those five days straight with minor wake-ups, hopefully you cuties who're sick as well get refreshened up soon.  This duo chromatic look is my FIRST look back, and I personally believe it packs a punch ;)! I have been dieing to use my Makeup Geek Havoc shadow ever since I purchased it back in November (click here for my review with swatches), it appears to be a MAJOR trend currently so I figured why not dive in a do a Lillee twist on the major hype?! The eye makeup is actually quite simple to complete, for any beginner or intermediate artist it'll give you a chance to experiment with color as well as hues-- let's face it a blue shadow turning into a reddish plum is mind boggling. I also accompanied the makeup look with numerous lip combinations because well...I JUST COULDN'T CHOOSE, also duo chrome is hard to pair with lipstick wise so I offered an array of options below. Take your time, and blend! This look is built on the foundations of blending and packing up pigment, if you want experiment with using the shadows wet, it'll give a much more intensive foiled effect.  Lasssstly before getting into the product details, PLEASE don't be afraid to get messy with it and use your fingers, you'll find it to be MUCH easier for shadow application, especially with the reflective pigments! Slither on love to the next steps (:.

*Tarte Water Foundation SPF 15, Fair Light Neutral 
*Stila Watercolor BlushWater Blossom
(LIP COLORS VARY, THE MAIN IS ABH ORCHID GLOSS ONTOP OF MILANI BRANDY BERRY)

                           First things first is skin care, without a smooth canvas your makeup is essentially nada as you'll probably end up caking the products on as well as personally freaking out!  I should honestly take my own advice because I've been a bad girl when it comes to an adequate "sick skin routine", dry patches everywhere as you could only imagine.  For a quick fix I used my Perfectly Posh Apricots Overnight mask, this can obviously be used for short term application so do NOT let a title control you around!  Using about a quarter sized amount into the palm of my hand I gently disbursed the creamy formula out onto all zones of my face, this product contains super hydrating ingredients such as beeswax and apricot seed oil thus it worked within 2 hours to moisten things up.  Be sure to check out my Perfectly Posh review lovies for full details on this heavy hitter as well as a discount link (https://www.perfectlyposh.com/leynakee/ )! After thoroughly washing the mask off and setting my face with my ALL TIME FAVORITE Fresh Seaberry Oil, I then moved forth onto the actual makeup application-- all good foundations must have a base, no?! To keep up with the hydration process I opted in for my newly purchased Marc Jacobs Coconut Water Primer, this makes for a super smooth skin base AND helps my makeup last much longer than usual.  With that being said, with a pea-sized amount of product I gently dotted it onto the high points of my face (cheekbones, center of forehead/chin, nose) and proceeded to blending it in starting from the center of my face out towards my hairline! After give or take 3 minutes of drying time I then moved forth into the foundation stage, today using the Tarte Water Foundation primarily because it gives a super dewy and fresh faced appearance (good for dry skinned users, click here for my review cutie).  Using a FULL beaker amount squirted onto the back of my hand, I picked up my Marc Jacobs Face II Sculpting brush and began gently disbursing the product onto my skin starting from my jawline up! I prefer using downward stroking motions as opposed to smears because the downward motions will HELP prolong makeup wear time AND will prevent skin conditions such as dry patches or natural occurrences such as peach fuzz from being seen--never stroke your brush upwards, if anything use stipples for extra coverage :).

                  Cream contouring has nooooo boundaries today love!  You can contour ANY way you'd like, just as long as your skin looks clear and perfected.  I opted in for my "everyday" contouring duo which involves very light contouring methods and heavy highlighting tricks, all in all it blends out to a BEAUTIFUL smooth canvas, even dry patches fade! To begin, PLEASE do not use the areas I contour/highlight on yourself unless you know for a fact they work--I happen to have two face shapes in one so it calls for different techniques, use my areas simply as a GUIDE, develop your OWN perfection :).  Using a Sephora Concealer Brush I first went into the highlighting cream of my choice, Cover Fx's Cream Foundation in N0, and then proceeded to drawing a thin line down the bridge of my nose extending up towards my forehead, one line from my left jaw to my chin and finally around to my right jaw, and finally on my under eye area coveted by the sides of my nose for extra dimension!  For contouring I then went into N100 by Cover Fx and drew thin lines in the hollows of my cheeks, on my jaw lines, on the sides of my nose, as well as in my crease/temples.  Once the placement was set I then moved forth to the blending process which entailed using my handy Elf Ultimate Blending Brush, this brush literally quickens up the blending process to last under t-minus 3 minutes-- you need it!  As you probably already guessed, I blended in the creams using stippling motions, when it came to the hollows of my cheeks I blended upwards, this will give the illusion of higher pulled up cheekbones. 

                             Generally you should allow your cream contour to set a few minutes prior to powder application...but when you're Lillee you scratch that and just get into it HAHA!  Due to Duo Chromatic shadows taking away from the facial attentions I wanted to ensure my features were strongly defined AND prominent.  To do so I took my Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder in #4 and with my Mac 168 brush stippled the bronzy shade across the temples of my face, down to the hollows of my cheeks and around to my jaw line! If you check out my previous makeup tutorial, soft glam prom tutorial in specific, around 3-4 minutes you will see the stippling method I am mentioning here, it works PERFECT for wet creams. TRY TO AVOID applying shimmery bronze shades across the sides of your nose, this will WIDEN rather shrink, something most of us ladies do NOT want! For a more "contoured" look I then took Shadowplay from the Kat Von D Shade & Light Pallet and brushed it heavily across the hollows of my cheeks as well as down the sides of my nose. Next up is the blushing process, I opted in for a pink violet shade just because it is FREAKING GORGEOUS and very sheer so it won't upstage the rest of the makeup! Using my Elf Ultimate Blending Brush once more, I stippled the brush into the cap of my Stila Watercolor Blush in Water Blossom and proceeded to stippling it onto the apples of my cheeks up to my hairline.  This is just my personal preference of applying blush, it gives for a more uplifted appearance, any method works :)!  Time to get your glow on girl-- though the products I chose made for a more subdue sparkly glow, the point is to be illuminated while glowing from within.  To get this appearance I first took a pea-sized amount of my Nars Liquid Illuminator in Copacabana and stippled it lightly onto the high points of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow using two cleaned fingers! To really add a topping to the cake, literally, I switched to a Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush and brushed across the high points of my face Urban Decay's Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder, I worked in TWO LAYERS :).

                        Nowwww to the lips which vary as I said previously in the blog post!  First off, you could do a neutral nude lip, however it'll look like you're a walking dead person...not cute.  The two options I HIGHLY suggest include applying Milani's Brandy Berry Lipstick with Anastasia Beverly Hills Orchid Gloss centered OR applying the Lime Crime Black Velvet Liquid Lipstick with Havoc Duo Chrome Shadow on top!  Obviously speaking one option is more extreme than the other, but both fit PERFECTLY with the eyeshadow combination :).  Aside from the lips, to set my skin I applied Makeup Forever's HD setting Powder onto the highlighting zones of my face using a Sephora Pro Small Teardrop Highlighter Brush (between cheek and jaw contour, under eye area, above lips, forehead, chin) and gently dusted it off with side sweeping motions! I then set my entire face using Urban Decay's All Nighter Spray, this spray IS A MUST especially since so many powders were used in this tutorial, the spray will rejuvenate the powdery finish to a more "skin like" look.  Just a quick trick, if you want a more intensive glow you can simply spray your brush with the All Nighter Spray and dust away!
*Urban Decay Electric Pallet, Chaos (crease)
*Bh Cosmetics Wild & Free Pigmented Eyeshadow Pallet, deep blue (lid), Teal shade (lower lash)
*Makeup Geek Duo Chrome Eyeshadow,  Havoc (center of lid)
*Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadow/Pigment: Lumi (lower lash, center of lid)
*Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Pan(s),  Corrupt
*Mac Eye Kohl, Smolder 
*KoKo Lashes, Goddess
                            As you loves can tell brows are a MAJOR factor for the eye makeup, you must have strongly defined brows otherwise the shadow will not "pop" off as well! Aside from strong brows definition wise, color wise PLEASE match accurately, duo chrome shadows have a tendency to "throw" everything off since as you move the color shifts. A quick and easy way to get brows in no time is using the Morphe G11 brush, this baby is my HERO! It is so perfectly engineered that all I have to do is line my upper and bottom brow, connected at the tail end of course, and fill in gradually on sparse areas using my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Caramel.  Due to the nature of pressed pigments getting a tad messy I decided to choose a sticky base, in particular the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk! This thick white liner doubles as a vibrancy brightener as well as stick to prevent fall out, I simply smudged it onto both my eyelids then gently blended it in up towards my brow bone, excess was smudged under my lower lash line. Try to stick with white bases UNLESS you're aiming for a smokier effect, if you crave the smokes choose a black to really amp up the duo chromatic shadow!

               Right from the gecko start working on the crease with the shade Chaos provided by the Urban Decay Electric Pallet! This pressed pigment is VERY pigmented, so I suggest you work in very light layers with a fluffy brush such as the Sephora #27 BrushYes, to you beauties out there who hate colorful/vibrant shadows this step will skeeve you out...just the slightest bit :). I suggest using side to side blending motions starting from the outer third of your eyelids following the natural creasing of your eye socket inwards, this will ease up the pigment and blow it out tremendously! Though it seems like more crease shades are used, the truth is, it's all in Makeup Geek's Corrupt, this will be addressed soon. Once you have Chaos blended to your desired finish move along to smudging the blue shade from the Bh Cosmetics Wild & Free Pigmented Eyeshadow Pallet across your lid's, I used the SAME Sephora #27 Brush as used before and simply smudged the color back and forth, only occasionally did I use patting motions--don't stress building up pigment! NOOW to the messy part; with a cleaned ring finger I smudged into the shadow pan of Havoc and gently patted it with downward streaks onto my lid, I built the pigment up numerous times until I received an adequate sheen.  After this was completed I then with my pinky finger took Sugarpill's Lumi and smudged it right on the center followed by the inner corners of my eyes!  Be sure to connect Lumi with the teal shade provided by the same BH Pallet.  To finish up the shadow, using a denser blending brush, specifically the Mac 217 brush, I took Corrupt and JUST like a halo eye smudged it onto the outer third of my lid as well as inner third of my lid! DO NOT be afraid to pick up pigment with this, the more the better in all honesty. 

                             I have no idea's what is up with me but Mac's Eye Kohl in Smolder REALLY has me obsessed- it's super bizarre because I haven't touched the pencil in almost two years! I smudged the black shade across my waterline AND my upper lash line, be sure to use your finger or a brush to further smudge out the upper lash line AND AVOID WINGED EYELINER, unless of course you want a bolder eyeshadow look. Having majorly lashed out lashes is UBER important, so I heavily applied the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara to both my upper and lower lashes, more so to the lower lashes for a bolder effect (if you smudge the black will touch the lower lash line and it'll appear like eyeliner was applied there)! Everything was complete topped off with my favorite KoKo Goddess lashes, when these go I have NO idea what I'll do that is HOW amazing these under $10.00 lashes are :).  Hopefully you guys enjoyed this blog post tutorial, stay tuned for tomorrow night, my everyday May tutorial will be posted along with another YouTube tutorial! Speeeeaking of YouTube tutorials, or videos for that matter be sure to check out my RECENT videos here: Lime Crime Live Swatching, Soft Glam Prom Makeup.